Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2011, 05:50 PM   #76
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

You have some great meals planned! I love all of those places- well, I haven't been to WCC yet, but I really want to try it. That is awesome that you paid the cruise in full!
Old 02-07-2011, 10:44 PM   #77
BelleTinkMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Garden grill?!?
Mary (Lisa has made mention and had great pictures too) has me thinking this one will be the next one on the list...

so, we are at
Donald's Tusker House
Ohana's Friendship Breakfast
Garden Grill
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Crystal Palace (not sure which meal--really thinking breakfast to get into the park before opens)

if I go with this list that would be our five; three breakfast and two dinners...
so, thoughts would be
Donald's Tusker House - AK day
Crystal Palace - MK day
Garden Grill - Epcot day
Ohana's - DHS day wondering if I should re think this one to the Hollywood & Vine breakfast--Ashton would love the characters there too! but thinking the food would be better at Ohana's
WCC- MK day or the day we arrive
Your choices sound great. We've tried Garden Grill onour 2009 trip and we really enjoyed this meal. The characters were great and the girls loved that the restaurant slowly spins around and you get to see part of the Land ride. the food was great.

We've done Hollywood and Vine for breakfast and dinner. Breakfast was far better than dinner. The characters have changed to add Handy Manny, i beleive. I would definately go back here for breakfast.
I am nuts....for bringing the in-laws-a May/June 2011 TR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post41825167
BelleTinkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2011, 02:58 PM   #78
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Looks great Connie! I'd stick with 'Ohana, but I haven't been to H&V, so I may be a little biased!
Hello! Missy Happy hope you are having a magical day! I have not heard many good things about H&V food wise; but, I do know Ashton would love the characters there. But, he will love the characters anywhere we go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
We liked garden Grill-the character interaction was really good. And so was the dessert if I remember right. I was not so impressed with Holllywood and Vine food wise. The characters were pretty fun though. Looks like a good list!

Mary, seems to be the concensus on the food at H&V from different threads I have read. But, now I have even more to look forward to at Garden Grill if we make it a date with you guys...need to see if we can get Leanne & her family to join in with us, make it more fun and see if Kayce wants to join us too (not sure if she is doing the DDP or CS...don't remember at the moment).

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
Hiya Connie!

Love Crystal Palace for any meal, Ohana was good for dinner so I"m sure breakfast is good too. We weren't that impressed with the food at Garden Grill but we did enjoy the characters. We are big fans of Tusker House for any meal and Whispering Canyon is more about the atmosphere than the food. The food was just okay the first time and pretty good the second time. Ask for the Bandana Bandit when you arrive. She is sooooo fun!!! She and Joe really got into being rude with one another.

Hey Leanne! thanks for the info on WCC I will have to make a note of that, although Danny rarely plays along with anything he normally smiles and nods

Thinking I really want to try CP before park opening, but, their menu sounds like it would be a winner at any of the selections.

I'm also thinking you guys may need to give Garden Grill another chance; like maybe when we give it a try along with Mary and crew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
You have some great meals planned! I love all of those places- well, I haven't been to WCC yet, but I really want to try it. That is awesome that you paid the cruise in full!

Thanks! April, I can't wait to see what we think about all this dining should make for a new experience...and thinking by making it an overload of characters we may be able to skip the character lines in the park. Although, I do want to try and visit Mickey and Minnie at AK this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleTinkMom View Post
Your choices sound great. We've tried Garden Grill onour 2009 trip and we really enjoyed this meal. The characters were great and the girls loved that the restaurant slowly spins around and you get to see part of the Land ride. the food was great.

We've done Hollywood and Vine for breakfast and dinner. Breakfast was far better than dinner. The characters have changed to add Handy Manny, i beleive. I would definately go back here for breakfast.
That is good to know about H&V breakfast vs dinner...I don't know if it will make the list but I do know Ashton would enjoy meeting Oso, Handy Manny, Leo & June.
Hope everyone is getting a little sun this week! today was our first sunny day in over a week! still too nasty to enjoy going outside the yard is slush from all the wet weather for the past few weeks.

Have a great week! Everyone!!!
longing2Batdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:32 PM   #79
laashley
DIS Veteran

Haven't done H & V, but I would if the kids were into the Playhouse Disney characters. If Ashton likes them, it may be your only chance before he outgrows them.

The characters at Garden Grill are great, the food was a little different for the kids. I'm pretty sure mine only ate a little bit of chicken, rolls, and desserts (of course!). I would go back for the characters, not for the food.
laashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:37 PM   #80
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

Mary, seems to be the concensus on the food at H&V from different threads I have read. But, now I have even more to look forward to at Garden Grill if we make it a date with you guys...need to see if we can get Leanne & her family to join in with us, make it more fun and see if Kayce wants to join us too (not sure if she is doing the DDP or CS...don't remember at the moment).

Yes...doing DDP. Would love a Garden Grill meet up if you guys do it, depending on when of course. We have a lot of the same to-do restaurants!
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child
kcandbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:27 PM   #81
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post

Yes...doing DDP. Would love a Garden Grill meet up if you guys do it, depending on when of course. We have a lot of the same to-do restaurants!
As soon as the Sep/Oct park hours come out then we can see if we can make it happen
Old 02-13-2011, 01:53 PM   #82
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laashley View Post
Haven't done H & V, but I would if the kids were into the Playhouse Disney characters. If Ashton likes them, it may be your only chance before he outgrows them.

The characters at Garden Grill are great, the food was a little different for the kids. I'm pretty sure mine only ate a little bit of chicken, rolls, and desserts (of course!). I would go back for the characters, not for the food.
Ashton is such a picky eater but I'm sure we can find something...if they have mac n cheese, french fries, might eat chicken but I doubt it; he doesn't even care for desserts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post
[SIZE="4"][COLOR="blue"]Yes...doing DDP. Would love a Garden Grill meet up if you guys do it, depending on when of course. We have a lot of the same to-do restaurants!
can't wait for the hours to come out and we can start planning! we may be able to purpose-fully run into one another quite often if we plan it right

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
As soon as the Sep/Oct park hours come out then we can see if we can make it happen
as of today they are have the first three days of August, so in the next few weeks we should start seeing Sep hours; than we can let some real planning begin!
Old 02-13-2011, 09:27 PM   #83
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post

can't wait for the hours to come out and we can start planning! we may be able to purpose-fully run into one another quite often if we plan it right

as of today they are have the first three days of August, so in the next few weeks we should start seeing Sep hours; than we can let some real planning begin!
I want those hours SOOO bad! I've got a pretty good idea of what we're doing when, but want to see Fantasmic dates and EMH's and such. We will have to purposely run into each other as much as possible... I know I am planning on WCC right before MNSSHP for sure, so that may be another prime opportunity if you guys decide to do that.
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop
May 2010 POR
Old 02-14-2011, 02:49 PM   #84
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

I can't wait for those Sept/Oct hours either!!!! In less than two weeks I get to see if I can move to the Beach Club. If we don't get it, no worries, but my kids are dying to check out the pool there.

I may be able to talk the family into Garden Grill again. We will usually try anything twice. We enjoy WCC so that's not a hard one to sell either.

I miss you guys!!!
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
leamom2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:51 PM   #85
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to share the irony...

I was going through my email...and so, excited to see an email from Disney Destinations (I got a pin!! ) you can imagine my excitement when the first large line that appears is "FREE DINING" ....

than I see this....
Just choose the deal that's right for you:
For stays most nights 7/1/11–8/13/11.

HAHA! maybe next go round!
Old 02-15-2011, 07:00 AM   #87
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

Free dining in July? Wow, I wouldn't have expected that. The good news is once you get one pin, they keep coming! So maybe they'll extend it...
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop
May 2010 POR
Old 02-15-2011, 10:36 AM   #88
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Catching up on my trip reports and am happy to see that I wasn't too far behind. Did I miss whether or not you booked Hollywood and Vine?

I've seen a thread or two that say free dining is back for 2011. Too bad you couldn't use it. At least you know that you are still getting them. I have yet to receive one single pin!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:52 AM   #89
my2disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Connie!!! I just noticed in your post on my thread that you had a PTR!!!!! I am here now. I missed so much!

Congrats on the cruise!!!! You guys will have an awesome time!!!!!
Yippee for POP and saving money and adding extra nights!!!

Dining:
We loved WCC the first time and had a not so wonderful meal last time. Actually the food both times hasnt been very good. We just had an AWESOME server last time and this time we didn't!

OHANA Breakfast is AMAZING. This was our 4th time and everytime it has been amazing and so fun for the kids.

Crystal Palace Breakfast we had again on this trip, 3rd time and it was everyone's FAVORITE meal of the trip!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sad that I won't be meeting you in October. Someday our paths will cross I am sure!!

2004-POP . 2007-POR . 2009-POFQ . 2010-POLY . 2011-POFQ . 2011-CBR . 2012-WL and DREAM CRUISE . 2013-BCV 10th Year Anniversary, Vow Renewal Trip! - January 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House - November 2014 -Thanksgiving and turning 40 at Beach Club Villas
my2disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:09 PM   #90
NOLAdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Hey Connie! I'm here! How did I miss this???

I'm so excited to read your plans! Our trip is four million (maybe I exaggerate) days away, so I'm living through others' PTR's!

Can't wait to read more!

As you know, we hated WCC for breakfast, but my cousin has talked us into trying it in Dec for dinner.. She says it's their favorite place for dinner.. We shall see!
November 2008 - Caribbean Beach
November 2010 - Caribbean Beach
November 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
Halloween 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
February 2014 - First Deluxe Stay - Beach Club!
NOLAdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: