Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2011, 01:07 PM   #31
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

QUESTION:
although, I feel like I have a basic idea of how the DDP works from following along on TR's ....

we check in Wednesday Sep 28 and check out Oct 2 this is 4 nights and 5 days...
this does mean that we have 5 snack, 5 counter service, and 5 table service credits (that is what I have been thinking we have--is that the case?)
longing2Batdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:36 PM   #32
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
QUESTION:
although, I feel like I have a basic idea of how the DDP works from following along on TR's ....

we check in Wednesday Sep 28 and check out Oct 2 this is 4 nights and 5 days...
this does mean that we have 5 snack, 5 counter service, and 5 table service credits (that is what I have been thinking we have--is that the case?)
I think you only get 1 of each per night not day so that would mean you get 4 of each not five.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2011, 01:44 PM   #33
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
I think you only get 1 of each per night not day so that would mean you get 4 of each not five.
Mary, you are right. It is one per person, per night of a snack, counter service and table service (Connie, the counter services in a lot of instances are enough to share because they are so big).
Old 01-31-2011, 01:55 PM   #34
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Hiya Connie! I made it over! Looks like you're off to a great start! We hopefully will have two neat DIS meets this year!
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
leamom2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:48 PM   #35
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
Hiya Connie! I made it over! Looks like you're off to a great start! We hopefully will have two neat DIS meets this year!
WHAT DO YOU MEAN HOPEFULLY! I am counting on BOTH!

Happy you made it over! need your input here as well....we have a few meets to plan and your ideas on dining

Last edited by longing2Batdisney; 01-31-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:52 PM   #36
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Mary, you are right. It is one per person, per night of a snack, counter service and table service (Connie, the counter services in a lot of instances are enough to share because they are so big).
Well than that changes things....hmmmm!
that will definately leave the Hoop Dee Doo out unless I decide to add that OOP...and I think Danny wants to book a night at the Royal Pacific, if I do that any OOP items will be buget minded...OH! well HDD may have to wait until 2013...

Last edited by longing2Batdisney; 01-31-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:16 PM   #37
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Another question, if I planned to leave after the MNSSHP to drive to Lake City what time does the evening usually end? The reason I'm wondering if we plan to attend the party on Sunday night w/ Leanne and Kayce (not sure if Mary was planning this evening) trying to figure out if it would be best to add a night or OK to drive. I am kinda thinking of adding to the beginning of the trip; maybe leaving the house on Sunday and staying over night at RPR for Mon/Tue....I don't know I really need to think about this...US/IOA have their hours out up to Sep.

More good news to share as for the weekend of October 1 & 2 my friend from grammar school that lives in Tampa is planning to join us, too!
Old 01-31-2011, 09:50 PM   #38
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Connie, MNSSHP gets over pretty late if you take full advantage. I feel like it started around 7pm and ended sometime around midnight maybe a little later. I wouldn't try to drive afterwards, but that's me. I'm a wuss like that. I wish we could start our week earlier but the girls' spring break doesn't start until 9/30. I'm pushing it getting there on the 29th.
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
leamom2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:49 PM   #39
BelleTinkMom
DIS Veteran

Hey Connie, just realized that you started a PTR. So excited that you are going 3 years in a row.

The dining plan is one credit for each night you are staying.

We love Crystal Palace and Whispering Canyon Cafe and the HDDR. We ate at Ohana's for breakfast last year and the food was excellent as was the character interaction. We have Ohana's for supper for our May trip. We've heard excellent reviews.

Can't wait to hear more of your plans.
I am nuts....for bringing the in-laws-a May/June 2011 TR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post41825167
BelleTinkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:11 AM   #40
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleTinkMom View Post
Hey Connie, just realized that you started a PTR. So excited that you are going 3 years in a row.

The dining plan is one credit for each night you are staying.

We love Crystal Palace and Whispering Canyon Cafe and the HDDR. We ate at Ohana's for breakfast last year and the food was excellent as was the character interaction. We have Ohana's for supper for our May trip. We've heard excellent reviews.

Can't wait to hear more of your plans.
Hello! Jamie

Happy you joined in! just started over the weekend

I have been working on this trip on and off all day, today. So, many different ways to go about it. I am even thinking of downgrading to POP and adding a night.(also looking at buying points through the DVC (but need to do alot more homework on that front--that may be a future endeavor). If I add a night to CBR and not to the exsisting reservation there would be no guarantee that we would stay in the same room. If I downgrade to POP it would probably be the same price as it is now and that would be adding a fifth night. Also, trying to decide if I should add a day before or after for IOA's visit, Danny mentioned staying at the RPR again for one night, but ouch on that price. Thinking now I am going to miss out on Seaworld again this year.

Thank you for the input on the resturants....I really think Ohana's friendship breakfast and Donald's Tusker house are two of my choices. I plan to sit with Danny one night and show him the list of places you guys are recommending and go from there.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:19 AM   #41
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
Connie, MNSSHP gets over pretty late if you take full advantage. I feel like it started around 7pm and ended sometime around midnight maybe a little later. I wouldn't try to drive afterwards, but that's me. I'm a wuss like that. I wish we could start our week earlier but the girls' spring break doesn't start until 9/30. I'm pushing it getting there on the 29th.
That is what I figured, Leanne. I'm taking Ashton out of school, he will only have off on that Friday (I know I won't be able to do this in the future). I keep playing it all out on paper and think I'm going to just add a night to our WDW reservation. But, now I'm considering going back with the POP. We liked it there and that way the price I'm thinking by adding a fifth night should probably come close to the same price that we have currently at four nights.

and about an hour ago, I started researching renting DVC points. if I calculated it right it only come to $663 for a standard studio at AKV and $741 for the Boardwalk standard for Sep 28 - Oct 3...but, as I mentioned to Jamie I really need to research that one a bit more.

Hope this winter storm does not hit you guys too hard...
Old 02-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #42
laashley
DIS Veteran

RPR is expensive, but I think getting the front of the line tickets are worth the stay. They saved us so much time last october.

I am trying out renting DVC points for one night this coming trip. It was so much cheaper than the AP (42%) rate I was getting. It really puts villas within price range! If you add a day to your CBR reservation then you would also be adding dining, so you would have 5 meals. CBR is a beautiful resort and the pool area is really fun. After staying in a value in December I have to say I would definitely stay again. I didn't find that much a difference between value and moderate, except for the double sink in the vanity area and the slides at the pool. Yes, the room is a bit smaller, but to me it wasn't enough to make a difference. (I did however detest the toilet, not sure if it is the same as Pop but ASSp had one that you hit the button on top of the tank and I broke too many nails flushing). Not sure if that helped at all with your decision. I guess I should say stay where it is feasible. All the levels of resorts have pluses and the biggest plus is that you are at Disneyworld! I do think you should stay in Orlando the night of the halloween party. It will be a late night to get to enjoy it fully.

I am so glad that we decided to change the Children's Museum til the 15th. Last night my battery in my car went dead, then Chloe was running fever this morning. All is better now, but definitely was a good idea to postpone the meet.
laashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:55 PM   #43
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Connie, if you are just modifying your existing reservation to add another day, it will still be one reservation and you won't have to change rooms. I've done that before.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:27 PM   #44
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laashley View Post
RPR is expensive, but I think getting the front of the line tickets are worth the stay. They saved us so much time last october.

I am trying out renting DVC points for one night this coming trip. It was so much cheaper than the AP (42%) rate I was getting. It really puts villas within price range! If you add a day to your CBR reservation then you would also be adding dining, so you would have 5 meals. CBR is a beautiful resort and the pool area is really fun. After staying in a value in December I have to say I would definitely stay again. I didn't find that much a difference between value and moderate, except for the double sink in the vanity area and the slides at the pool. Yes, the room is a bit smaller, but to me it wasn't enough to make a difference. (I did however detest the toilet, not sure if it is the same as Pop but ASSp had one that you hit the button on top of the tank and I broke too many nails flushing). Not sure if that helped at all with your decision. I guess I should say stay where it is feasible. All the levels of resorts have pluses and the biggest plus is that you are at Disneyworld! I do think you should stay in Orlando the night of the halloween party. It will be a late night to get to enjoy it fully.
I still plan to research renting points! one of my dis friends I think does that so I may send her a PM over on FB to find out more about it

I am so glad that we decided to change the Children's Museum til the 15th. Last night my battery in my car went dead, then Chloe was running fever this morning. All is better now, but definitely was a good idea to postpone the meet.
So, am I it is so nasty and I had a bad night last night (just could not sleep). At least your car picked a day that you should not be out anyhow...and hope Chloe is not fighting one of the nasty bugs going around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Connie, if you are just modifying your existing reservation to add another day, it will still be one reservation and you won't have to change rooms. I've done that before.
OK! so here is my new thoughts on the week:
(I have not made any calls to make any changes, yet.)

start our drive
Monday Sep26
when Ashton gets out of school (or check him out at the last possible time of the day)...drive as far as we can thinking I can still make it to Lake City (I think if we were on the road for 3pm it would put us in Lake City about 10)

Tuesday Sep 27 hit the road about 6:30 and get to the Royal Pacific Resort about 9:30/10...check in and hit Islands of Adventure

Wednesday Sep 28 if need be go to IOA early hour and than switch over to US to hit just the main attractions. Head over to WDW around 3:00 and check in the POP; get our tickets and see where we can meet with Kathy & Mark and Mary & crew (thinking that would be about 5/5:30)

Thur - Sun WDW all parks and this way we can do Sunday night's MNSSHP

Monday Oct 3 check out and head home

So, if I add a night at RPR I will be adding about $230 for the night, can you say OUCH! Than, if I change my current reservation from CBR to POP; add a night. That will give us 5 credits and it will be about $120 cheaper than what I have currently for the four nights. As much as I was looking forward to a mod this go round (and CBR something new) we do not need two vanites, and Ashton loves the pool and water play area at POP (won't miss a slide he does not know about--and I don't know if he would like it anyway--he has an issue with slides, lately )....

Last edited by longing2Batdisney; 02-01-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:39 PM   #45
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

CONNIE!! You started a PTR without me.... . LOL....just kidding! I'm so glad I found you!

We love DDP and wouldn't go to Disney without it. But you're right...with so many restaurants to try, how will you choose?? We really loved our 'Ohana breakfast with Lilo and Stitch. Mickey and friends were there too and the food was really good!

I"d love to try Crystal Palace someday. My boys have really outgrown Pooh and his buds so we haven't been there. I hear the food is fabulous though.

Can't wait to join in the planning with you. Unfortunately, I really doubt I will be able to get Jeff to agree to a trip this year. Our house needs work and we need to use our funds for that...darn I hate being a grown up sometimes!

How fun that you will get to meet so many Dis Friends....very exciting!
mommytothreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: