Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2011, 02:09 PM   #151
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laashley View Post
The cost jumped another 10 cents a gallon today. I have heard it will hit $4 again. That definitely hurts the budget! I'm thinking we will need an extra hundred in gas for our trip this month, boo to that.

Looks like you are doing pretty good on clothes. How nice to find some dresses in your closet that you can use for the cruise!

I need a new swimsuit as well, but I refuse to go shopping for one. I'd have to be feeling real good to do that!
Danny told me the other day (I made the comment gas is probably going to hit $5 by the end of the summer--if Saudi Arabia falls, too). I was told than we may not be able to do our fall trip. So, I said oh no buddy we are going even if we have to skip IOA and SW the money I would buy those tickets with will go to fuel and we will just leave Tuesday instead of Monday and that will save one night hotel. He is the one who HAS to visit IOA he may just have to go with us...

Maybe we need to schedule a shopping day for the two of us? might be fun!
longing2Batdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:39 PM   #152
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

double post
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2011, 02:42 PM   #153
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

many of you are FB friends, too...

the other day I had posted I was finally going to the doctor for a much needed annual checkup (although, my last annual was before Ashton was born -with a GP- and when he was 6 mo old for the other). Well, I had made mention that I would be told high sugar....

the nurse just called; seems very low iron with very high sugar
everything else is normal! she wants to see me back to discuss my sugar....so, I guess I will be eating protein and veggies again (that is what I lived on when I was preggers for Ashton). Told Danny he is eating what I'm eating and I will have to cook something along with our dinner for the boys (as Ashton does not eat meat, normally, and Dayne does his best to stay away from any kind of veggies )....

I know when I see her on the 14th she is going to want to prescribe meds (I find they are always quick to do that) but she will have to hold off on that till about August. That is going to be my self imposed deadline to get my butt back in order.

I had finally made the appointment because I was having chest tightness and an uncomfortable feeling in my chest. She said she felt that was from low iron and that time of the month, since that is when I was having that problem. So, hopefully changing my diet and starting to take an iron supplement I will get more energy and lose some of this weight. Who knows maybe even Danny will loose some of that belly of his.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:47 PM   #154
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Well, at least you know what you are dealing with now and can change up your eating habits to, hopefully, fix the problem. I keep telling myself that I need to change the way we all eat in our family. John's two favorite things are bread and sweets. My worst habit is eating a little something right before going to bed. I know....I know....BAD habit.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:56 PM   #155
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Little changes in your diet can make a huge difference. Make changes you can live with....you'll be surprised!
mommytothreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:14 AM   #156
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

If you want any veggie recipes, let me know! I do my best to sneak veggies in to every meal without anyone noticing.
aprilisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:23 AM   #157
jngwright
DIS Veteran

Isn't it funny how we rush our kids into the Dr. at the first sniffle, but when it comes to ourselves...... Hang in there! It looks like you are making some really good changes. Thanks for the recipes you are sharing, BTW!

That swimsuit is super cute! Do they have it in the store, too, so it could be tried on? I usually can't do a halter style cuz the "girls" are too large ITA with your wrap suggestion. Anything to cover up that rear region!

The Jack Sparrow (blue) costume is a size 7. (Evan wore it when he was 6) If you want to PM me your address, I will send it to you

Jill DH DS (12) DS (12)Offsite '78-'94, POR '95, CSR '99, WL '00(Disneymoon ) Offsite '04, POFQ '06, POP'08,CBR/CSR '09,POR '10, AKV '11, OKW/BWV '11(New DVC owners!!!!) '12 BLT, '13 AKV/OKW, '14SoG,(Glass Slipper Finisher!)'14 AVK
jngwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:21 PM   #158
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jngwright View Post
Isn't it funny how we rush our kids into the Dr. at the first sniffle, but when it comes to ourselves...... Hang in there! It looks like you are making some really good changes. Thanks for the recipes you are sharing, BTW!

That swimsuit is super cute! Do they have it in the store, too, so it could be tried on? I usually can't do a halter style cuz the "girls" are too large ITA with your wrap suggestion. Anything to cover up that rear region!

The Jack Sparrow (blue) costume is a size 7. (Evan wore it when he was 6) If you want to PM me your address, I will send it to you
Jill if you only knew...
two months before Ashton was born, Danny had a hip replacement. Than, Ashton was a month early, when he was born he came out wheezing. The hospital kept putting a tube into his lungs to suction him--but, nothing would come out. After coming home for the next two years, I was told he had reflux (he was breastfed and never ever spit up), asthma, malaysia of the voice box (it has a long name and I can't think of it much less type it --larygnixmalaysia)...I knew he did not have asthma or reflux and was not sure about the last thing but it did not sound right, the wheezing and croup sounds were coming from his chest not his throat. I finally brought him to Dayne's pediatrician from the New Orleans area. She sent him to see an ENT the same day. Noodle through the nose showed the voice box to be fine. Had to put him under Anesthesia and do the camera into the treachea. His treacha was pulsating call in the puliminoligist and cardioligist. We are than seeing a vascular surgeon all of this happened from Jan '09 to June '09 --did I mention our first trip back to WDW was May '09. He had a vascular ring wrapped around his treachea, along with a right double loop aoreta. He is fine now, still wheezes, his treachea is still soft where the ring was (not sure if that will ever go away--the condition is very rare and the docs were not sure).

In between all of this over these years Danny was seeing a dermatoligist for psorasis....
in the last two years Dayne has had his share of the doctor visits; with mono, staph, and scabies--that was the worst (got that from the chairs at the school he is attending).

So, you are right I can get everyone else to the doctor and have talked about my needing to go back. But, when you are not feeling sick it always gets put on the back burner. I had told Danny I was going to make an appt when Ashton went to school in Aug. After I lost some weight and tried to get myself in better shape. My chest had other ideas....

sorry about the ramble; I got started and just didn't stop...whew!
enough of this already...
now, back to some vacay planning!

Last edited by longing2Batdisney; 03-03-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:09 PM   #159
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Well, at least you know what you are dealing with now and can change up your eating habits to, hopefully, fix the problem. I keep telling myself that I need to change the way we all eat in our family. John's two favorite things are bread and sweets. My worst habit is eating a little something right before going to bed. I know....I know....BAD habit.
I know about eating late...with me watching Chloe O after school until her mom gets here. We have not been eating until right at seven. (her mom gets here at six, but I can't get her out of my house until 6:30 or later . I even told her boyfriend that I love her but she does not know when to leave. you know 15 min would be great 10 min even better but longer than that. I have only been watching other people's children since 5:30 am go home, feed your 4 yr old, give her a bath, spend some time with her (that she craves) and put her to bed before eleven.

I had told Danny I wanted to start eating dinner before or around six and it is just not working that way.

My grandmother had to eat something small right before bed, her favoirte was a slice of bread with a 1/2tsp of apple jelly .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Little changes in your diet can make a huge difference. Make changes you can live with....you'll be surprised!
Thanks! Missy I have done this in the past and when I was pregnant for Ashton. It is just so hard when you are cooking for children --pickey children. I know I can do it! just need to keep it going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
If you want any veggie recipes, let me know! I do my best to sneak veggies in to every meal without anyone noticing.
Hey! April
I will take any and all ideas and recipes you would like to share! I had tried the sneak the baby food veggies in to stews or carrots into the tomato sauces...didn't go over well.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:53 PM   #160
BelleTinkMom
DIS Veteran

Good luck with the doctor visit. I totally understand putting ourselves on the backburner. I am also going to finally make me a doctor appointment. I have been having headaches and I am suspecting they are migraines.
I am nuts....for bringing the in-laws-a May/June 2011 TR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post41825167
BelleTinkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:31 AM   #161
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Hey I jumped over from my PTR, great plans so far and I can't wait to hear more!!!

Natalie

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Tinkermom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #162
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

I'm just checking in really quick....

I am so excited that I had to share (not that you guys may care )
but, just since I have changed to not eating starches, since Wednesday, I lost 3.4#'s...hoping by the 7th day I at least hit 5#'s. This may give me incentive yet!

Taking Ashton to a photo shoot with live bunnies and chicks, his first, hoping he poses cute and sweet and not trying to bring in the monster claws.

Have a great day! everyone
Old 03-05-2011, 10:40 AM   #163
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
I'm just checking in really quick....

I am so excited that I had to share (not that you guys may care )
but, just since I have changed to not eating starches, since Wednesday, I lost 3.4#'s...hoping by the 7th day I at least hit 5#'s. This may give me incentive yet!

Taking Ashton to a photo shoot with live bunnies and chicks, his first, hoping he poses cute and sweet and not trying to bring in the monster claws.

Have a great day! everyone
Congrats on the weight loss!!!! Have fun at the photo shoot!!!
aprilisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:05 PM   #164
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Good for you Connie! Congratulations! From someone who fights the weight battle, I know how much every pound counts!
mommytothreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:35 PM   #165
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
Hey I jumped over from my PTR, great plans so far and I can't wait to hear more!!!

Natalie
over!!! Natalie

hope you stick around for some planning fun! I told Danny last night he needed to get serious with helping me plan and again he looked at me and said that is too far away for me to think about right now...

Last edited by longing2Batdisney; 03-05-2011 at 01:46 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: