Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #136
jngwright
DIS Veteran
 
jngwright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,844

I love the sundresses!!

Have you checked out Land's End for swimsuits? They have great suits
__________________

Jill DH DS (9) DS (9)Offsite '78-'94, POR '95, CSR '99, WL '00(Disneymoon ) Offsite '04, POFQ '06, POP'08,CBR/CSR '09,POR '10, AKV '11 OKW/BWV '11(New DVC owners!!!!) '12 BLT '13 AKV/OKW'14SoG
jngwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:48 PM   #137
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran
 
mommytothreeboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 3,444

Cute dresses! I really like the black polka-dot one!

I was in Nassau last May....**sigh**. What are you thinking of doing while you are there? And we're cruising Carnival in November for the first time (did Royal Caribbean last spring)...I'll look forward to hearing about your cruise!
mommytothreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-01-2011, 04:56 PM   #138
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran
 
longing2Batdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 662 mi from my dreams!
Posts: 4,515

here is one of the swimsuits I was looking at
(they have already pulled the original one I was looking at; it was two pieces the top was a halter and covered the entire tourso and the bottoms was skirt style-same name brand).
red swimsuit/they have a leopard too! (not usually my style)
longing2Batdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:36 PM   #139
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran
 
longing2Batdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 662 mi from my dreams!
Posts: 4,515

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
I'd love to hear about your cruise plans!

Vacation shopping is the BEST!! Swimsuit shopping? Not so much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Cute dresses! I really like the black polka-dot one!

I was in Nassau last May....**sigh**. What are you thinking of doing while you are there? And we're cruising Carnival in November for the first time (did Royal Caribbean last spring)...I'll look forward to hearing about your cruise!
WE did Carnival the other cruise back in 2001; so, I don't have anything to compare it to. I do know that the first cruise was considered a small ship and this is a signature ship. Which one have you guys booked?
longing2Batdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:40 PM   #140
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran
 
longing2Batdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 662 mi from my dreams!
Posts: 4,515

Quote:
Originally Posted by laashley View Post
Wow, how did I get so behind? Your disney plans are looking good. Hope you are able to visit Seaworld.

As for your cruise, yes, please share.
Hey! Ashley
Thanks! you know as much as I want to take Ashton to Seaworld; I'm thinking (without the help of Danny) we may have to hold up on it again. If the middle east keeps it up over there and gas prices keep going up, I going to be lucky to keep Disney itself on track. I may be triming the fat to keep my disney plans....wonder if we could fit the three of us in Dayne's Ford Ranger...
longing2Batdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:45 PM   #141
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran
 
longing2Batdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 662 mi from my dreams!
Posts: 4,515

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Oh Lordy, I get all flustered even reading about Spring cleaning and cleaning out closets. I started cleaning out our closet this time last year and it seemed to take me forever to get it finished. Now, we have boxes stacked everywhere that are full of wedding stuff so there's no need to even think about Spring cleaning.

How great that you found the dresses in your closet! Looks like you won't have to be doing as much shopping for yourself as you thought.

Can't wait to read all about your cruise plans.
I know Lisa! I have been supposed to clean out my closet for soooo long now. I started earlier and the kids wanted to go outside, so out we went. Now, I'm sitting here waiting for Chloe O's mom to come pick her up. I guess I'll get back to it tomorrow while Ashton is in school, that really would be the perfect time to do that anyway. I can probably get it done quicker that way, not have to keep stopping for snacks drinks so on.
longing2Batdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:51 PM   #142
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran
 
longing2Batdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 662 mi from my dreams!
Posts: 4,515

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
Your plans look GREAT! WWOHP is so awesome- you will love it!
Thanks! April I can't wait to see WWOHP especially after the tease last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
Oh your cruise is so close Connie!!! And all this talk is getting me so excited for our cruise next year!

I think the dresses you got are great for dinner. And I hear ya on the bathing suit note! I think I may refuse to even put one on this summer!
It is helping to get me excited once again now that I have you guys have started in the thinking process.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jngwright View Post
OOOHHH...Harry Potter...I wonder if we can squeeze it in somehow?

How exciting that hours were released! You will be making ADR's before you know it
Quote:
Originally Posted by jngwright View Post
I love the sundresses!!

Have you checked out Land's End for swimsuits? They have great suits
I could not wait to see Harry Potter last year and was so disappointed when it was still closed and could only see roof tops. I need to see if Ashton will be able to ride the attraction, if not don't know that may have to wait until next year, too! don't know how Danny would feel about that ....maybe than I could talk him into flying instead of driving and using ME this go round.

Thanks! Jill
I have looked at Land's End, I think I have seen one suit that I thought was interesting....need to go look again.
longing2Batdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:53 PM   #143
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran
 
longing2Batdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 662 mi from my dreams!
Posts: 4,515

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Cute dresses, can't wait to see the other things you bought!! What kind of excursions are you thinking of???
Thanks! Mary
I'll talk about excursions next go round. I know we want to try snorkeling on one of the islands, a beach day, and I think Key West will be a DIY walking tour or maybe rent an electric cart. We'll see!
longing2Batdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #144
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran
 
mommytothreeboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 3,444

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
WE did Carnival the other cruise back in 2001; so, I don't have anything to compare it to. I do know that the first cruise was considered a small ship and this is a signature ship. Which one have you guys booked?

We are booked on the Carnival Sensation out of Port Canaveral with calls in Freeport and Nassau. The ship is comparable in size to the Monarch of the Seas, the Royal Caribbean ship we sailed on in May. It is 855 feet and serves just over 2000 passengers.

My biggest concern at this point is weather in late November. We had absolutely PERFECT weather in May last year. You will have so much fun!
mommytothreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:15 PM   #145
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran
 
longing2Batdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 662 mi from my dreams!
Posts: 4,515

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
We are booked on the Carnival Sensation out of Port Canaveral with calls in Freeport and Nassau. The ship is comparable in size to the Monarch of the Seas, the Royal Caribbean ship we sailed on in May. It is 855 feet and serves just over 2000 passengers.

My biggest concern at this point is weather in late November. We had absolutely PERFECT weather in May last year. You will have so much fun!
In 2001 we did the cruise in the Gulf of Mexico (late Nov) we rode out with a cold front and encountered it back in...made for rough seas when we were in the actual front path other than that Nov is a great year to travel. Especially in the Atlantic...no storms-they end the end of Sep....Gulf storms usually linger through the first week of Oct some years

so you guys should have beautiful weather for your cruise; my parents have sailed the Sensation, I'll need to ask what they thought of it

Last edited by longing2Batdisney; 03-01-2011 at 09:32 PM.
longing2Batdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:03 AM   #146
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran
 
leamom2princesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Bluegrass State
Posts: 3,682

Connie,

I love the sundresses. I hate swimsuit shopping. Ugh!!!!

I really can't wait to hear about the cruise. I'm sure you and Danny are going to have a fantastic time. I'm so jealous. Please be sure to take lots of pics and fill us in when you get back. Until then, I'm really looking forward to our Sept/Oct trip. We are going to have a fantastic time! Have a great night!!
__________________
Me (39) DH (42) DD(13) DD(8) Daisy (10) Nellie (4)
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
leamom2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:37 AM   #147
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,765

I love that when I clicked on that swimsuit page the first thing I saw were the words suddenly slim...if only it really worked that way. I hate swimsuits. I have a smaller weaist....but thighs that are extremly huge. I just were 2 peices. On pieces tend to feel weird on me and mever have enough support up top. And unless they start making suit that cover my legs to me knees, there is no gettin around seeing my cellulite.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:34 PM   #148
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran
 
longing2Batdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 662 mi from my dreams!
Posts: 4,515

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
Connie,

I love the sundresses. I hate swimsuit shopping. Ugh!!!!

I really can't wait to hear about the cruise. I'm sure you and Danny are going to have a fantastic time. I'm so jealous. Please be sure to take lots of pics and fill us in when you get back. Until then, I'm really looking forward to our Sept/Oct trip. We are going to have a fantastic time! Have a great night!!
Hey Leanne,

Thanks! on the dresses, they look nice hanging on the door not sure what they will look like on. I need to try them on one day and see.

I wish I was not having to report our cruise to you and was sharing it instead...next time
I'm looking forward to our Sep/Oct trip too! It is going to be great to see you guys again and meet everyone else in the group. I can't wait for the trip.

When you get a chance you need to check out my itinerary; the only thing I am really thinking of changing is Wed the 28th , not do Seaworld and add MK to that day.
longing2Batdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:39 PM   #149
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran
 
longing2Batdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 662 mi from my dreams!
Posts: 4,515

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I love that when I clicked on that swimsuit page the first thing I saw were the words suddenly slim...if only it really worked that way. I hate swimsuits. I have a smaller weaist....but thighs that are extremly huge. I just were 2 peices. On pieces tend to feel weird on me and mever have enough support up top. And unless they start making suit that cover my legs to me knees, there is no gettin around seeing my cellulite.
I know, huh!
I can remember when Dayne was about 4, I had bought a swimsuit from Victoria Secret with a slimming panel....loved it! It worked back then, was not really over weight just still soft from when I had him.

Now, on the other hand I am just plain overweight!!!
Don't think suddenly slim is going to help this bod...
I have big arms and bust; in the last two years I have added a nice large tummy to go with it...but, I have always had small legs. Use to look nice know I just look disproportioned!

I do like to wear a sarong with my swimsuits, that would help conceal your legs. At least while you are not in the water ...nothing covers my arms unless I wear something like a shawl (towel/sarong).
longing2Batdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #150
laashley
DIS Veteran
 
laashley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 607

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Hey! Ashley
Thanks! you know as much as I want to take Ashton to Seaworld; I'm thinking (without the help of Danny) we may have to hold up on it again. If the middle east keeps it up over there and gas prices keep going up, I going to be lucky to keep Disney itself on track. I may be triming the fat to keep my disney plans....wonder if we could fit the three of us in Dayne's Ford Ranger...
The cost jumped another 10 cents a gallon today. I have heard it will hit $4 again. That definitely hurts the budget! I'm thinking we will need an extra hundred in gas for our trip this month, boo to that.

Looks like you are doing pretty good on clothes. How nice to find some dresses in your closet that you can use for the cruise!

I need a new swimsuit as well, but I refuse to go shopping for one. I'd have to be feeling real good to do that!
laashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.