Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2011, 09:43 AM   #1
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

We just bought Into The Wyndham Timeshare Points system

Where would I find more information on this? Such as reviews, best places in Orlando? Our home resort is Ocean Walk in Daytona, but we can go anywhere that Wyndham has a center. What are the nicest ones in Orlando? We had a resale.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
TotoToo
And Your Litte Dog Too!

never buy Wyndham retail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity524 View Post
Where would I find more information on this? Such as reviews, best places in Orlando? Our home resort is Ocean Walk in Daytona, but we can go anywhere that Wyndham has a center. What are the nicest ones in Orlando? We had a resale.
When you say "just bought" how recent? Days ago? Retail (from Wyndham) or resale from an owner?

Reason for asking: Retail purchase of Wyndham points is a total rip off. You can buy them with the exact same use rights for pennies (compared to retail) and should do that if you want to own Wyndham (a very good system when purchased at resale price). IF you mistakenly purchased retail and are still in the legally allowed rescind period you can sav yourself THOUSANDS by rescinding the retail purchase and buy the same thing resale. Just trying to be sure you get good value for what you want to own.
TotoToo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2011, 10:34 AM   #3
celerystalker
Look! I'm yankeepenny!
I can't do without air!
I seriously have a Disney addiction

Agreed! I love Wyndham, but I wish I had not bought retail!
I've almost got mine paid off and then I can pretend I bought it resale.
At any rate, like I said, I love Wyndham -
Best in Orlando? Bonnet Creek! Love it!
celerystalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:26 AM   #4
littlestar
DIS Veteran

We loved Wyndham Bonnet Creek in Orlando - fabulous! Terrific location next door to Disney's Caribbean Beach resort.

We just returned from Wyndham's Waikiki Beachwalk on the island of Oahu - wonderful location and great staff at this resort. We loved our stay. We will probably go back, even though the flight from the midwest is longggg.

Congratulations on your resale purchase. Here's some links to the Wyndham owners forum and the Wyndham boards at Tug:

http://forums.wyndhamowners.org/

http://tugbbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47
Old 01-29-2011, 12:58 PM   #5
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Yes, do join both the owners forum (forums.atozed.com) and TUG (www.tug2.net). Be forewarned that the forums at both locations can be a little negative---every time Wyndham makes some change to e.g. the VIP program, or how Wyndham works in RCI, you'd think that they'd killed everyone's puppy. Granted, those changes are usually not in the owners' favor, but they are also things that are incidental to the reason you should own a resale Wyndham deed---using your points at some very nice and well-located resorts. Anyone who came into the system with their eyes wide open knows these things can and do change.

For the full low-down, you can also read the owner's directory. This is a direct link, and works even before you have an account in your name that has been established.

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wynd...irectory11-12/
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:06 PM   #6
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotoToo View Post
When you say "just bought" how recent? Days ago? Retail (from Wyndham) or resale from an owner?

Reason for asking: Retail purchase of Wyndham points is a total rip off. You can buy them with the exact same use rights for pennies (compared to retail) and should do that if you want to own Wyndham (a very good system when purchased at resale price). IF you mistakenly purchased retail and are still in the legally allowed rescind period you can sav yourself THOUSANDS by rescinding the retail purchase and buy the same thing resale. Just trying to be sure you get good value for what you want to own.

Thank you so much for your concern! I actually bought off ebay for $1 with closing costs ($550)! 259000 points, 120 a month maintenance fees. I truly appreciate the concern as I know it's crazy out there!

Last edited by Trinity524; 01-29-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Trinity524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:12 PM   #7
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by celerystalker View Post
Agreed! I love Wyndham, but I wish I had not bought retail!
I've almost got mine paid off and then I can pretend I bought it resale.
At any rate, like I said, I love Wyndham -
Best in Orlando? Bonnet Creek! Love it!
Thank you so much! I thought this must me nice as so many people comment about it.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:12 PM   #8
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlestar View Post
We loved Wyndham Bonnet Creek in Orlando - fabulous! Terrific location next door to Disney's Caribbean Beach resort.

We just returned from Wyndham's Waikiki Beachwalk on the island of Oahu - wonderful location and great staff at this resort. We loved our stay. We will probably go back, even though the flight from the midwest is longggg.

Congratulations on your resale purchase. Here's some links to the Wyndham owners forum and the Wyndham boards at Tug:

http://forums.wyndhamowners.org/

http://tugbbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47
Thank you so much!!!
Old 01-29-2011, 01:20 PM   #9
TotoToo
And Your Litte Dog Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity524 View Post
Thank you so much for your concern! I actually bought off ebay for $1 with closing costs ($550)! 259000 points, 120 a month maintenance fees. I truly appreciate the concern as I know it's crazy out there!
Excellent - you did well! Wyndham is a fabulous system of very good to great resorts and many locations. Purchased to use at resale it may be the best value in all of timeshare. Again, you did well now enjoy.
TotoToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:16 PM   #10
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Noble View Post
Yes, do join both the owners forum (forums.atozed.com) and TUG (www.tug2.net). Be forewarned that the forums at both locations can be a little negative---every time Wyndham makes some change to e.g. the VIP program, or how Wyndham works in RCI, you'd think that they'd killed everyone's puppy. Granted, those changes are usually not in the owners' favor, but they are also things that are incidental to the reason you should own a resale Wyndham deed---using your points at some very nice and well-located resorts. Anyone who came into the system with their eyes wide open knows these things can and do change.

For the full low-down, you can also read the owner's directory. This is a direct link, and works even before you have an account in your name that has been established.

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wynd...irectory11-12/
That link is fabulous!!! Thank you so much
Old 04-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #11
pbarager
DDC #720

I called Wyndham today to book our December vacation at Bonnet Creek and I was told you can use your points at Bonnet Creek to buy Disney tickets, 38000 points for a one day/one park adult pass.

Me (Paul) DW DD 11DD 9

December 2012 CSR December 2013 WBC!!
pbarager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #12
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarager View Post
I called Wyndham today to book our December vacation at Bonnet Creek and I was told you can use your points at Bonnet Creek to buy Disney tickets, 38000 points for a one day/one park adult pass.
Major rip off (unless your points are about ready to expire). You can get a one bedroom at most places for a week for 128,000 points. That's worth more a lot more than three one day passes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
LadyBeBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #13
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Congratulations!!!

hope you love it.

those fees seem high - paying less for DVC - sounds like alot of vacations for you.

if some years you can't use all your points - you can always rent.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #14
Momofkfg
Earning My Ears

$1 really!

Ok, I'm new to this timeshare business. I just purchased a timeshare and I saw where you posted you bought yours for $1. I bought retail and I'm going to try and recind after reading this. How do you buy points on eBay?
Momofkfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:08 AM   #15
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momofkfg View Post
Ok, I'm new to this timeshare business. I just purchased a timeshare and I saw where you posted you bought yours for $1. I bought retail and I'm going to try and recind after reading this. How do you buy points on eBay?
Before you (or anyone) buys a timeshare, I suggest doing a lot of research over at http://www.tug2.net/ and at http://www.tugbbs.com/

Based on my family's usage, I've found that renting timeshares is cheaper than owning them -- even when you can buy one for $1. Remember, as an owner you are committing to a lifetime of maintenance and other fees.
Upatnoon is offline   Reply With Quote