Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2011, 08:46 PM   #1
Happydog
DIS Veteran

A Happy Dog's Summer of Sea and Shore - *cough,cough, nudge nudge* 7/11

Welcome to my second, Happy Dog Cruise TR/PTR !!!

Last February, DH and I escaped for a quick three night jaunt on the Wonder!

While aboard we booked TWO cruises: A four night cruise over President’s day for the two of us (just three short weeks away!!! ) and ONE for the HD family of four -- a five night, two stops at Castaway Cay, adventure! So what is the most exciting part of these plans?!? The fact that both of the cruises are aboard the NEW Disney Dream!! And if you have been scouring the cruise boards like I have you have seen all the pictures and conversations about the Dream ... and boy is there a lot to be excited about!!!

This TR/PTR/TR will include a variety of highlights, not only for the cruises, but also the time between, where there will be a flash from the past (a glimpse of Lego Land from November – for a few inquiring DISers ) as well as some comparisons from our adult getaway on the Wonder last year. I will also slide in a few updates on our upcoming spring break, which is not at all Disney, but will be our kids’ introduction to cruising, when we go off to Italy and Greece in April!

The HD family Disney cruise in June is part one of our summer fun. We will spend 5 nights on the Dream, followed by 5 nights at Disney’s Vero Beach! We are looking forward to the whole experience, and I look forward to sharing it with you! I hope what I put together will be useful for anyone wanting to do the same or learn more about cruising with kids and the resort at Vero Beach.

More exciting details to FOLLOW, including the who, what, when, and where of our first "PORT of CALL,” as we dock for one night, pre-cruise, at Bay Lake Tower!

Our FUN OFFICIALLY Begins three weeks from tomorrow, when we fly down to Orlando! BOY, I cannot wait!

So mateys! This ship will be leaving the dock soon! I hope you will join me for another Happy Dog and Happy Dog Family adventure!

Graphic courtesy of DISigner Millipie

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *

Last edited by Happydog; 07-11-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:10 PM   #2
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

First!
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
Dugette
DIS Veteran

I'm here and can't wait to hear about all these trips! Sounds wonderful!
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Dugette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:03 PM   #4
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Wooo Hooo You Started!!!!!
Can't wait to read all about your plans!
Old 01-29-2011, 05:00 AM   #5
MeMom
DIS Veteran

As much as I would love to roam around on a Disney ship and see all of the awesome stuff, and as much as I would love to visit Castaway Cay, I am too claustrophobic to ever be able to take a cruise. I would have to have the money to have the biggest, most open cabin that exists, and I don't see that ever happening. I'll take my cruises through the rest of you who do enjoy them so much.

I would like to check out Vero sometime, though. I'd like for the girls to have some beach time and do something a little different, yet still Disney quality and Disney safe. I'd love to be over there to do the sea turtle activity. That would be cool.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:46 AM   #7
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
First!
Woot! Two for two I think you are!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
I'm here and can't wait to hear about all these trips! Sounds wonderful!
Yay! I gotta get back over to your Christmas TR!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Wooo Hooo You Started!!!!!
Can't wait to read all about your plans!
Here we go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
As much as I would love to roam around on a Disney ship and see all of the awesome stuff, and as much as I would love to visit Castaway Cay, I am too claustrophobic to ever be able to take a cruise. I would have to have the money to have the biggest, most open cabin that exists, and I don't see that ever happening. I'll take my cruises through the rest of you who do enjoy them so much.

I would like to check out Vero sometime, though. I'd like for the girls to have some beach time and do something a little different, yet still Disney quality and Disney safe. I'd love to be over there to do the sea turtle activity. That would be cool.
Don't you worry MeMom! I will get lots of pics on the ship, so you can feel like you are there, without the negative aspects!, and lots of pics at Vero so you can check it out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Page one!!!
YAY!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:02 AM   #8
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I am here for roll call and embarking on another GREAT Happydog clan PTR! With all the great photos and details coming out about the Dream, I can't wait to read about your adventures on it!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:32 AM   #9
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Present! Can't wait for more!!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:37 AM   #10
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Yay!!! I'm here for all the fun.

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:41 AM   #11
Jaaaacki
Mouseketeer

Joining in.

Mylittleappletree on Facebook
Jaaaacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:28 AM   #12
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Yay, I'm in! Sooooo looking forward to more firsthand reports on the dream, it'll be at least October before we get to see for ourselves.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:37 AM   #13
stace208
DIS Veteran

I'm here and will try to do better with posting and keeping up!
Old 01-29-2011, 10:18 AM   #14
manntra
DIS Veteran

Woo hoo!!! Ready for the muster drill!

Tracy
Old 01-29-2011, 10:25 AM   #15
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

I was perusing the boards and found this ptr. I have seen you on other peoples reports so I though I would join in. Sounds like a lot of fun. The Dream looks incredible.

pooh'smate is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: