Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2011, 05:32 PM   #1
kassiesmom
Earning My Ears

Compassion Partners

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about Disney's Compassion Partners. We were planning a visit to Disney to celebrate my Mom reaching her 5 year cancer free mark. Two months after she was told she was cancer free, she was told she had cancer in her liver, bones and lungs. Our trip will now be a celebration of my mom's life. We had heard through the grapevine that there was an organization that assisted in park entries for terminal patients and their families. If anyone could give me any information it would be greatly appreciated. We don't know exactly when we will be going as we have to wait and see what her treatment regiment will be (find out Mon.) We're from Canada and there aren't a lot of organizations that assist with final wishes for adults, but we are hoping we can find something to help us fulfill my mom's. Thanks, Kim
kassiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:08 PM   #2
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

You may want to post this over on the DISabilities board. Someone over there might know. There's also a lot of information there about Guest Assistance Cards and other things that could make your trip easier.

Here's a link to a FAQ thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=595713
Maggie'sMom is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #3
tink15823
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear the Cancer came back . Did you call Disney and ask if they have any programs or could they recommend someone to help ?

ASMU 1996 ASMO 2005 2008 2010 Art of Animation 2012
tink15823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:06 PM   #4
kassiesmom
Earning My Ears

Thanks for your ideas Maggiesmom. I have looked into renting a wheelchair for her whilst we are there, but that's about it so far. I will utilize the DISabilities board for more ideas. Thanks again.

And Tink...isn't it funny how the most simplest of ideas (and really the most logical for this) completely evade our brains sometimes. Never even thought of calling Disney directly. Thanks again for the suggestion. I will do that tomorrow!
kassiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:26 AM   #5
MommaSnowwhite
DIS Veteran

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom - we are in the same boat with my Dsis. SHe just found out that they found cancer in her liver - she is 44. Luckly Dh and I took her and her DD to WDW last October. I hope you are able to make the trip magical for her.
MommaSnowwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:01 PM   #6
Lucky'sMom
DIS Veteran

Years ago, you could contact Disney directly about using the Compassion Partners program. The woman who handled it was actually out of the Give Kids the World. But when I looked into this a couple of years ago for someone, I was told that the request had to come through an organization now. Individuals were no longer able to make this request. I don't know if anything has changed since then. Good luck to you, I hope this works out.

2014-June, Windsor Hills pool home and HRH; 2012-July, RPR and Reunion resort pool home; May,Marriott's Grande Vista; 2011 -Jan: CSR; May: CBR; 2009 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek Presidential Suite!; 2008 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek and RPR; 2007 - POR, Wonder Cruise, BWV; 2006 - Springhill Suites, UO and PBH, Nick Hotel; 2005 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins; 2003 - Poly, OKW, AsMo; 2002 - UO and RPR; 2001 - Sheraton Vistana Villages; 2000 - Holiday Inn Family Suites, ASMu; 1996 - Swan; 1995 - Swan, ASSp, ASMu; 1994 - POFQ
Lucky'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:09 PM   #7
StitchBuddy
DIS Veteran

to you during this difficult time. My mom lived for 5 years after her diagnosis with liver cancer. Most of it was very good, she went into remission 3 times. I will pray for you aLL.
StitchBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:49 PM   #8
OImomx3
Earning My Ears

compassion partners

Hi, just thought I would let everyone know, that the compassion partners does still give out free tickets.. I just arranged it today for my disabled daughter who had Make A Wish take away her trip. We are to pick up the tickets at guest services when we arrive...

I am not sure as to the requirements or whether or not an adult is eligible.. To call you need to contact community relations

Hugs and Good Luck
OImomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: