Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2011, 05:40 PM   #16
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Oh how great. And the thing with the stuff for your DD, is it's not like she won't be able to use them all again after the trip so it is a win-win situation.

How fun with the Fantasmic dessert I would like to try it sometime, and I might have this trip but it came down to either Fantasmic or World of Color dinner. We chose the WoC.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:46 PM   #17
LoveMyBeautifulGift
Mouseketeer

Time for an update

Thanks to the Disigners (in particular Dolly , who gave me the know how and the courage to try my hand at personalizing my own stuff) I have completed a few things to bring with us...

First, the countdown poster we made together:

I can't believe we are less than a month away

Next, some mousekeeping envelopes:

Very plain, but they were the first thing I tried to make on my own...still need to fill them, but that can't happen until I make a trip to the bank

Here are some of the goodies for the baskets I'm putting together (I made tags to go w/ each one, but haven't printed those yet):

Mostly crayons, stickers, etc....Ordered some stuffies from the Dis Store bc they were having B1G1 and I'm hoping that if she gets a few suprise ones she won't want to buy one at every store we step in...the girl loves her stuffies...it got so bad, I made a rule that she can only get them from the Disney Store or Build A Bear, which cut down on the number of them, at least

Still haven't figured out what I'm going to do for the extra day , but I am leaning towards having a cake delivered to the room...they look so yummy...

What's left...oh, yes...her welcome basket, some travel stuff (there is more that I bought that I didn't get a pic of) and her invitations....

The welcome basket has pressed penny tubes, a journal that I made for her, some ICE cards (In Case of Emergency), a wishing penny, a welcome letter, stroller tag, etc. At the bottom of the welcome basket one, you can kind of see the boring blue binder that holds it all together ...no one else understands my love for the binder

I've begun making a souvenir list of all the people she wants to bring back goodies for and getting their shirt/hat sizes, fave characters, etc. written down...

And making a list of not to miss shops...so far, the silhouette shop on Main Street, The Mad Hatters, Enginears in DCA, BaB in DTD, of course BBB...I'm sure I'm missing some, but that's okay, I still have just over 3 weeks

Almost forgot...I did wind up getting a new set of PJs for each day and have finished shopping for clothes for her...or at least that is what I keep telling myself ...

I have been resisiting the urge to pull out the luggage and start packing already, bc I want to leave something to look forward to doing in the upcoming weeks

Now to get back to not so patiently waiting for Ridemax to put up March so I can continue planning
LoveMyBeautifulGift is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2011, 02:02 PM   #18
villain luvr
Mouseketeer

Oh wow! You go girl! I talk disney 24/7 and my family is really tired of it as well. Our next trip is not for awhile but I ahve all kind of lists and gc's and stuff saved. Sounds like you are going to have great trip.
villain luvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:03 PM   #19
kaoden39
Hugs

Everything is so cute. I had a terrible time for Ridemax to have everything for June because we were going the weekend that WoC opened. It drove me nuts. I am not even using it this trip.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:55 PM   #20
TheColtonsMom
DIS Veteran

Just subscribed...you are so creative everything looks good, she is really going to enjoy the surprises maybe I will do something like this for my DS6 when we go again in October.

I only wish your pics were a little bigger so I could see the detail in things like your countdown calendar...I wish our next trip was as close as yours but our last one ended just over a month ago and I am still working on that trip report should probably finish one before leaving for another right?

My 2010 Christmas TR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2613318
My 2011 Halloween PTR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....613318&page=29
Me Sherri , DH Brant ,DS6Colton
TheColtonsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:40 AM   #21
cloudconnected1039
Mouseketeer

WOW!! I wish my parents were as Disney-invested as you are Although, I'm pushing my mom back on the Disney-side now that it's a good excuse for her to come see me. Also, when I was a kid, character meals were dreadful because I was TERRIFIED of the characters and I mean terrified So Disney when I was a kid was more of a chore than an experience. But now, I love the characters and I think she see's this as a time to get back the Disney experience most parents get with their young children

You're trips going to be amazing!!! And you're going to be the day we leave
DL Trips: 1991 DLH, 2000 offsite, July 2008 DLH, June 2009 (Grad Night), August 2009 offsite, October 2009 DLH, February 2010 offsite, April 2010 offsite, August 2010 offsite, October 2010 offsite, October 2010 (yes, again) GCH, November 2010 offsite, March 2011 GCH, July 2011 offsite, October 2011 PPH, December 2011 offsite
Upcoming trips: WDW September 2013
Me! (21) DBF (20)

Last edited by cloudconnected1039; 02-10-2011 at 11:47 AM.
cloudconnected1039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:45 PM   #22
LoveMyBeautifulGift
Mouseketeer

Got my packet yesterday!

16 DAYS!!!

I've been playing around on RideMax...we'll be using it more as a guideline (along w/ what I've learned on here) than an itinerary...nice to have an idea of where to start and how much extra time there will be for shows/shopping etc...

So far, we've managed to work out a pretty smooth looking schedule...I did bump up the plans for BBB and Lunch w/ the princesses by a day; so the next day we can do CC (yay! it will be open), Adventureland, Frontierland and Tomorrowland the next...we'll start Thursday w/ MM on Nemo/Tomorrowland and go from there...I bumped everything just bc they added Billy and the Hillbillies to the schedule and I really want to see it ...my family doesn't know thats why, and would probably if they found out, but I keep reading about it on here and now I have to go

Don't have any plans for Saturday yet...other than MM in FL, and then using the rest of the day to repeat what we want and/or do things we missed before we go....

The 6yo has been jumping out of bed every morning to add another mickey head to the calendar...if only I could find a way to keep that enthusiasm for the mornings after the trip

In just a couple of weeks we will be in Dinsey
Old 02-16-2011, 12:50 PM   #23
kaoden39
Hugs

So exciting!! I think that when you get the package everything gets more real. When we have done the package going through the package and looking at everything is so exciting and fun.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:08 PM   #24
TheColtonsMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyBeautifulGift View Post
Got my packet yesterday!

16 DAYS!!!

I've been playing around on RideMax...we'll be using it more as a guideline (along w/ what I've learned on here) than an itinerary...nice to have an idea of where to start and how much extra time there will be for shows/shopping etc...

So far, we've managed to work out a pretty smooth looking schedule...I did bump up the plans for BBB and Lunch w/ the princesses by a day; so the next day we can do CC (yay! it will be open), Adventureland, Frontierland and Tomorrowland the next...we'll start Thursday w/ MM on Nemo/Tomorrowland and go from there...I bumped everything just bc they added Billy and the Hillbillies to the schedule and I really want to see it ...my family doesn't know thats why, and would probably if they found out, but I keep reading about it on here and now I have to go

Don't have any plans for Saturday yet...other than MM in FL, and then using the rest of the day to repeat what we want and/or do things we missed before we go....

The 6yo has been jumping out of bed every morning to add another mickey head to the calendar...if only I could find a way to keep that enthusiasm for the mornings after the trip

In just a couple of weeks we will be in Dinsey
I love love love the day the package arrives we spread it out all over the bed ans look through everything! Makes the trip so IT'S REALLY ALMOST HERE!

My 2011 Halloween PTR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....613318&page=29
Old 02-16-2011, 11:52 PM   #25
LoveMyBeautifulGift
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
So exciting!! I think that when you get the package everything gets more real. When we have done the package going through the package and looking at everything is so exciting and fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColtonsMom View Post
I love love love the day the package arrives we spread it out all over the bed ans look through everything! Makes the trip so IT'S REALLY ALMOST HERE!
LOL...we spent the afternoon reviewing everything in the packet and then talking about the trip and then we watched the planning video...the has been singing the Mousketeers song all day...m-i-c-k-e-y....her kindy teacher said she even had some of the other kids singing and marching at recess today
Old 02-16-2011, 11:54 PM   #26
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
LOL...we spent the afternoon reviewing everything in the packet and then talking about the trip and then we watched the planning video...the has been singing the Mousketeers song all day...m-i-c-k-e-y....her kindy teacher said she even had some of the other kids singing and marching at recess today
Well, we know who the leader of that band is. That is so cool.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:41 PM   #27
LoveMyBeautifulGift
Mouseketeer

Pulled out the luggage on Friday...the stuffed hers full of dolls and her pillow pet, pulled on a swim suit and sunglasses and proceeded to take a vacation to Disneyland in the living room I finally convinced her I needed her bag to pack up her clothes today...I'm trying a method I saw on here where you bag up each outfit so its easy to just pull one out in the morning and have her put it on and have a spare ready to go if you need it at the park ...I'm 75% done w/ her stuff as I discovered I need some more leggings and another sweater for her...this is why I start packing early, bc no matter how well prepared I think I am, there is always something...Went to dinner last night w/ mom and sisters ; all we could talk about was the trip and how excited we all are
Old 02-19-2011, 10:28 PM   #28
TheColtonsMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Pulled out the luggage on Friday...the stuffed hers full of dolls and her pillow pet, pulled on a swim suit and sunglasses and proceeded to take a vacation to Disneyland in the living room I finally convinced her I needed her bag to pack up her clothes today...I'm trying a method I saw on here where you bag up each outfit so its easy to just pull one out in the morning and have her put it on and have a spare ready to go if you need it at the park ...I'm 75% done w/ her stuff as I discovered I need some more leggings and another sweater for her...this is why I start packing early, bc no matter how well prepared I think I am, there is always something...Went to dinner last night w/ mom and sisters ; all we could talk about was the trip and how excited we all are
Take out the dolls but let her take the pillow pet! Outside the suitcase of course!
Here's our son with his on out DL trip, you never know when they will come in handy!

Old 02-20-2011, 12:44 AM   #29
LoveMyBeautifulGift
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColtonsMom View Post
Take out the dolls but let her take the pillow pet! Outside the suitcase of course!
Here's our son with his on out DL trip, you never know when they will come in handy!

Oh, there is no way the pillow pet will get left behind...unless I want to backtrack several hours after she realizes its not in the car It will travel up front with her, and after seeing that pic, it may ride in the stroller at the park
Old 02-20-2011, 01:11 AM   #30
TheColtonsMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, there is no way the pillow pet will get left behind...unless I want to backtrack several hours after she realizes its not in the car It will travel up front with her, and after seeing that pic, it may ride in the stroller at the park
Spotz had lots of adventures on that trip but our favorite apart from the bus stop nap, was our housekeeping staff at our hotel after making colton's bed always put Spotz in different positions...reading a book napping at the laptop etc so it seemed he was having his own adventures at the hotel while we were gone.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: