Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2011, 10:53 AM   #1
Susa
Earning My Ears

1 Day/2 Park Pass with shuttle?(Disney to Universal)

Has anyone used the 1 Day/2 Park Pass with Shuttle service. Apparently there is a special ticket that you can buy for Universal Studio that will send a shuttle to your resort at Disneyworld, pick you up and take you to Universal Studios and then return you to your resort when you are finished? If you have who have you purchased these special tickets through?
Susa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:09 AM   #2
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

I've used it and it worked wonderfully. Not only did we get picked up right on time, but we were also allowed to change our drop-off point to a different Disney hotel than the pick-up. I got the tickets through wdwinfo, the sponsors of this board. Here's the link: http://www.wdwinfo.com/universal/parkinfo/tickets.html#.
mytripsandraces is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2011, 12:12 PM   #3
Susa
Earning My Ears

Thanks very much for your help. It is always reassuring to hear from someone that this ticket has worked out well.
Susan
Old 01-27-2011, 01:42 PM   #4
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

Just make sure you print everything and bring it with you. I had to run back up to the room because I'd forgotten one of the pages. The driver was very nice about it, though.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:43 PM   #5
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytripsandraces View Post
Just make sure you print everything and bring it with you. I had to run back up to the room because I'd forgotten one of the pages. The driver was very nice about it, though.
Very good advice.

Last edited by Metro West; 01-27-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:37 PM   #6
Susa
Earning My Ears

Thanks, I will make sure I have everything. My daughter will be so excited to see the Harry Potter exhibit. Thanks again.
Susan
Old 01-27-2011, 06:14 PM   #7
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

On a recent podcast, they mentioned timed entry tickets for WWHP. I'm not sure how it works, but I would make sure to get there early, to get a good entry time.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:57 PM   #8
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susa View Post
Thanks, I will make sure I have everything. My daughter will be so excited to see the Harry Potter exhibit. Thanks again.
Susan
It's more than an exhibit (although the traveling one was awesome!) it's a whole land, with attractions, restaurants, and shops. Very well done, and very worth the money.
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:46 AM   #9
ms1031
DIS Veteran

We also used these tickets and Mears shuttle service a couple weeks ago. No problems, whatsoever.

And yes, do yourself a favor and print out everything they send you, and bring it with you. You'll need the voucher for the shuttle and the number you are given to print out your park tickets at the Universal kiosks. I think I also needed the credit card that I used to pay for everything to insert in the ticket machine.
ms1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:10 PM   #10
cbonewjersey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susa View Post
Has anyone used the 1 Day/2 Park Pass with Shuttle service. Apparently there is a special ticket that you can buy for Universal Studio that will send a shuttle to your resort at Disneyworld, pick you up and take you to Universal Studios and then return you to your resort when you are finished? If you have who have you purchased these special tickets through?
this did look really attractive but does anyone know if you can do more than 1 day? 2 parks in 1 day, first time to US has to be impossible! I'd like to have 2 days with p/u at BLT, so we can see both US parks. Has anyone done > 1 day? Cost?
cbonewjersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:33 AM   #11
inky dinky doo
I've got the best cure for the blues. Schedule another trip to Walt Disney World, now!
The only problem with losing weight is that I'm beginning to look like a rapper

I've been tempted to do this, but we've never been to Universal before. We're going just for one day this time (a Saturday in May), especially for WWHoP. I'm not sure we'll have time for the Studios.

What do you experts think? Is one day/two parks worth it for us?

inky dinky doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:01 AM   #12
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

WWoHP is small - just 3 rides, but you'll probably spend quite a bit of time on line. We were there from about 10 to 6 (we stayed for the Macy's Parade in Universal Studios) and could have spent more time in both parks. If you've only got one day, I would check out the maps on-line before you get there and mark out the must-do attractions. I LOVED both Forbidden Journey and Dueling Dragons, but, having seen the merchandise, wouldn't bother with the shops next time.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:49 AM   #13
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

My dd and I did the shuttle/park pass deal last summer. And it worked out very well. We didn't do any of the really big coasters at IoA, so we were able to do all we wanted to do. We arrived about 9:15 and left at 4:15.
In Dec, my friend and I decided to leave BWV and spend a night at RPR, and then have two days at US/IoA. We both have APs, so passes weren't an option and we got a great AP rate at the hotel. We took the Mears shuttle ($19 pp r/t) on Wednesday morning, about 8:15. The next day, Thursday, we left US/IoA around 3:30, via Mears shuttle.

I guess you could book it twice...but there isn't an option for a two day, with shuttles, option.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:37 AM   #14
disneyred
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytripsandraces View Post
I've used it and it worked wonderfully. Not only did we get picked up right on time, but we were also allowed to change our drop-off point to a different Disney hotel than the pick-up. I got the tickets through wdwinfo, the sponsors of this board. Here's the link: http://www.wdwinfo.com/universal/parkinfo/tickets.html#.
hello.
is it my imagine.. or according to this link.. it would cost me about 115.00 for the day to visit Universal ?? is this correct ?
disneyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #15
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyred View Post
hello.
is it my imagine.. or according to this link.. it would cost me about 115.00 for the day to visit Universal ?? is this correct ?
There are three different prices for one day at Universal.

The regular one park one day ticket is $82.00 plus tax.

The park to park one day two park ticket is $112.00 plus tax.

The park to park one day two park ticket with transfers is $114.99 plus tax.

Park to park tickets are like Disney tickets with park hopping.

You can go for less than the $114.99 but you will have to figure in parking which is $15.00/day. Getting the tickets with transfers is easiest because someone else is driving.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: