Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2012, 07:16 PM   #106
4monkeys
Mouseketeer

Day 6 December 17 Back To UNIVERSAL!

Day 6 Back to Universal

Up early again. Although it is getting more and more difficult to get Allison up and moving. By now she is absolutely exhausted. BUT she wants to do it all!! Breakfast is what else??? ICE CREAM. After we got to meet Barney

After we head to meet our friends at Universal. After our first day, our friends let us know that they have valet parking at Universal and you avoid the walk. WHAT A LIFESAVER!!! We valet parked and we avoided a long walk. Granted you are not at the park entrance, but it is much closer. We started to do some things while we waited for our friends to come.

We met up, the kids rode some rides. We went to the animal show. How fun!!! They had seen Allison's buttons when we walked in and put us in the front row. That was great. We saw it allAndrew, our friend was chosen to to up on stage as part of the act...

It was hysterical. After the show they approached us for a meet and greet with the an animal and the "trainer"

It was dog from "Men in Black"!! Totally cute!! The kids loved it! Next it was parade time! Everyone got a snack.

Time to walk over to Islands of Adventure. We MUST get more BUTTERBEER!!

You get a free picture from Universal and we hadn't gotten ours yet. I wanted to try for a picture of us by the castle. However... JK Rowlings made a rule that no Universal Photo OPs be in WWoHP. Who knew?!?!? Not me. Any way, the kids rode some more rides and headed out.

As we were walking to the valet parking we saw this ...

We said goodbye and headed back to our villa, where we.. YES you guessed ordered pizza!!

I know it doesn't seem like a busy day, but we sure managed to make it that way!! We had a lot of fun.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #107
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Sounds like so much fun !!

What is the GKTW passport ? You went to other parks with it ? I'd love to be able to take Jayden to Six Flags.
Did you have to pay for valet parking at Universal ?

So many questions .. sorry !!

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2012, 09:10 PM   #108
4monkeys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Sounds like so much fun !!

What is the GKTW passport ? You went to other parks with it ? I'd love to be able to take Jayden to Six Flags.
Did you have to pay for valet parking at Universal ?

So many questions .. sorry !!
The passport is something you get when you check out. I don't want to ruin the surprise.....so I won't say much else. But it was an awesome Good-bye from them!!!

Yes, we paid $25 for the valet. I know it seems like alot and it's not covered with the button like the rest of the parking... But Allison couldn't walk the distance again. There was no way. When we go back this summer we will use valet again. Totally worth it for us!! You don't have much time left... I would have butterflies, actually I have them for you thinking about it and looking at your ticker!
Old 03-17-2012, 06:03 PM   #109
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

I love Universal, but that walk from the parking deck is a killer and I don't blame you one bit for using valet! I LOVE the pics, it really is a fun park...once you get inside. You KNEW I would be by to decorate...didn't you???? ON my way to your PTR next!
Old 03-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #110
4monkeys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I love Universal, but that walk from the parking deck is a killer and I don't blame you one bit for using valet! I LOVE the pics, it really is a fun park...once you get inside. You KNEW I would be by to decorate...didn't you???? ON my way to your PTR next!
We totally intend to use valet again. Allison will likely be in a wheelchair this time around, but then we have Jonathon. Thanks for stopping by. We were out of town to visit my nephew for his birthday!!
Old 03-24-2012, 05:06 AM   #111
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4monkeys View Post
We totally intend to use valet again. Allison will likely be in a wheelchair this time around, but then we have Jonathon. Thanks for stopping by. We were out of town to visit my nephew for his birthday!!
I don't blame you a bit Amy, I would do whatever it takes to help her have a better trip! I was re=reading your TR last night, and was saddened by all of the wish trippers who no longer post. I haven't had that post Disney let down, I haven't had time...my point??? I am THRILLED you are back and have had some time to DIS lately. And SO happy you and Andrea have met IRL!!! NOW, I want to know if you will be coming through Charlotte on your way to Florida??? Just saying....
Old 03-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #112
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

OK, I finally made it over to read you TR and I have to say I'm glad I waited to spring of 2012 to do so

Seriously, I didn't realize all you've been through with the kids illness wise, so it is perfectly understandable. I did admire the floors in your house though -- I don't think I commented on them while I was over there but with a cat throwing up all over house and dogs having *accidents* I want to hardwood our entire house. DH hates hardwood. On Friday you will see what I did to our DR though while he was deployed.

Anyway, I love your TR and the pics you have of Alli are great -- she's always smiling It seems like you were with Christopher too much to have fun for yourself -- I hope in June you get to enjoy some things as well. I know you are like me and are just happy seeing your kids have fun, but you've been through a lot and need a vacation too.

Now I'm off to read your new ptr -- it's too cold today to do yard work -- we should have gotten together today to sew! Or I should be embroidering that shirt for my dd -- you know, the one I've been talking about for days now. Or I should be cleaning, but I always put that on the back burner.

DH DS 11 DD 9

Old 03-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #113
4monkeys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I don't blame you a bit Amy, I would do whatever it takes to help her have a better trip! I was re=reading your TR last night, and was saddened by all of the wish trippers who no longer post. I haven't had that post Disney let down, I haven't had time...my point??? I am THRILLED you are back and have had some time to DIS lately. And SO happy you and Andrea have met IRL!!! NOW, I want to know if you will be coming through Charlotte on your way to Florida??? Just saying....
Too funny Judy!! We are going 95, not sure if that goes through Charlotte or not. BUT.. We are driving through the night after Allison's and Skyes dance recital. I dont think you want that kind of visit. Where are you in relation to Victory Junction?? PM me.

It's really my own fault I have lost some followers. I took entirely too long to write my report. I have been dragging my feet a little to write the last day. I was trying to savor it as much as possible. Guess it's time to just do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
OK, I finally made it over to read you TR and I have to say I'm glad I waited to spring of 2012 to do so

Seriously, I didn't realize all you've been through with the kids illness wise, so it is perfectly understandable. I did admire the floors in your house though -- I don't think I commented on them while I was over there but with a cat throwing up all over house and dogs having *accidents* I want to hardwood our entire house. DH hates hardwood. On Friday you will see what I did to our DR though while he was deployed.

Anyway, I love your TR and the pics you have of Alli are great -- she's always smiling It seems like you were with Christopher too much to have fun for yourself -- I hope in June you get to enjoy some things as well. I know you are like me and are just happy seeing your kids have fun, but you've been through a lot and need a vacation too.

Now I'm off to read your new ptr -- it's too cold today to do yard work -- we should have gotten together today to sew! Or I should be embroidering that shirt for my dd -- you know, the one I've been talking about for days now. Or I should be cleaning, but I always put that on the back burner.
Its about time you came over!

Christopher and I were almost inseparable. Literally... But that's ok. I lost a few months after he was born, and it was our time to reconnect. It was bitter cold most of the week and it kept both of us warm. I wasn't interested in doing much but watch the kids. I have to say, this time I am ready to try out some rides.. Hope I don't freak out!!
Old 03-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #114
4monkeys
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up Day 7 ~ Allison's Wish Trip ends

Day 7- The trip is coming to end

This day starts with a list of emotions. Allison got the wish of her lifetime and had a great week!! BUT, it was coming to an end and we would soon be back to reality! Brian and I got up early, to finish packing and getting everyone situated. We planned to stay at the Village and explore since we really hadn't the whole time we were there. After breakfast we were planning to have our friends come visit and say good bye. So off to the Gingerbread House we went.

WE had our breakfast and headed to the House of Hearts to weigh our luggage, since we were over on the way. We were good. Our friends showed up and we visited for a little bit. The kids played and talked. Brian and I checked out and our goodbye package was fantastic!! They continue to treat you wonderfully even after you leave! We said our goodbyes and watched our friends leave with a heavy heart. We didn't know how long until we saw them again

No time to have a pity party. We had things to see and ice cream to eat before we needed to head back to the airport.

It was raining a bit so we put on our ponchos and headed to the Amberville Train Station. The train was running, but there was plenty for everyone tody!

Driving RC boats.

Off to the Icr Cream Palace. We stopped to see the sights along the way.

Too many images, so I must do another post!
Old 03-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #115
4monkeys
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up Day 7` The wish trip comes to an end

Day 7- Going Home Part 2

After our last ice cream we headed to the Castle of Miracles to see Allison's Start and to see the Pillow Tree

ALLISON"S STAR

Off to the pillow tree, Allison shares this with Jonathon

A few more minutes to play...

And it's time to say good bye. Of to the airport we go. Let me tell you, they are way busier and took us much LONGER to get through security than when we left our little airport! It took a while but we made it on the flight just in time!!

Bye-Bye GIVE KIDS THE WORLD, BYE-BYE Orlando. We are going to miss you so much!!

Many thanks to everyone that followed and helped to make Allison's trip special! Sorry it took so long! Thanks DISBOARDS, THank you DISboutiquers, Thank you MAke-A-Wish, Thank you GIVE KIDS THE WORLD!!!!
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Old 03-28-2012, 09:53 AM   #116
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Awe what a great trip !! Glad your family had such a wonderful time. We are all so excited for our trip !!
Thanks for sharing yours with us !!

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 03-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #117
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

what a perfect way to end Allison's trip!

now you have the next one to look forward too and will make many more memories!

since we will be gone wanted to send this to you all...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: