Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2011, 12:48 AM   #16
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

Subbing can't wait to hear more. M best friend as a kid was named Allison and come to think of it she looked alot like your Allison, maybe that's why pics of her look familiar

Old 01-31-2011, 08:14 AM   #17
Glo's wish
Mouseketeer

I'm subbing and cant wait to read more! We will be flying Airtran as well. How did you go about getting the fees waived? I wouldn't know where to begin or what to even say!! With 6 of us flying this has me a bit concerned!

WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY!!! 2/27/11 TO 3/5/11!!!
Glo's PTR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post37981164

Gloria's Carepage: gloriaspage
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #18
4monkeys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrosek View Post
Subbing can't wait to hear more. M best friend as a kid was named Allison and come to think of it she looked alot like your Allison, maybe that's why pics of her look familiar
Beautiful Allison's!!! Welcome to our journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glo's wish View Post
I'm subbing and cant wait to read more! We will be flying Airtran as well. How did you go about getting the fees waived? I wouldn't know where to begin or what to even say!! With 6 of us flying this has me a bit concerned!
Welcome! Airtran flight attendants were very nice. And nice at Orlando. I emailed them and asked about luggage. They emailed me back that they waive MAW luggage fees. Try to email them. If it's in your ticket info, they will automatically waive it!! Good luck.. we had 6 of us too
Old 02-01-2011, 03:43 PM   #19
4monkeys
Mouseketeer

Talking Day 2 December 13, 2010

Day 2 Monday December 13, 2010
I set the alarm the night before since we had the naps, figured it would be good to get an early start. Afterall.... TODAY was THE day for Alli's WISH TO COME TRUE!! We were going to Islands of Adventure~ The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!!

So the alarm goes off and I promptly get up and start to wake the older kiddos. Daddy stayed with the younger two. I guess this is a good time to say both Jonathon (4) AND Christopher (9 months) slept in the bed with us!! Thank goodness it was a King size bed. I am ready and figure the older two are almost ready. NO Allison is still in bed ASLEEP!!!! So I manage to get her up and we all get ready. We want to see Mickey and Minnie before Breakfast. We wanted to beat the crowd so we could eat and get to Harry Potter!!
Finally on our way to Julie's Safari Theatre.
We are about to meet Mickey and Minnie!! WOO HOO!!Here we are waiting in line

Jonathon meeting Mickey

Christopher meeting Mickey and Minnie

Family Shot

The kids.....

We start to leave and I hear "Amy" So I look over toward that direction... and I see "Bearshouse"!! We chatted a few minutes and out the door we go. Once outside we are surprised to see some more Disney favorites!! We stopped to say Hi and get some Pictures!

Off to the Gingerbread House we go!!

After breakfast, we headed to the van. Buttons, passes and directions in hand..... We are Ready To GO!!

NEXT STOP THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER!!
Old 02-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #20
smileycrissy
DIS Veteran

Location: In the land of the Happy People otherwise known as Florida

Ok the breakfast pics of the kids is hysterical!! I love their faces! Was it too early in the morning for them?

All in the Golden Afternoon... a TR of the Flower & Garden show at Epcot
-----------------------------------------------
Old 02-01-2011, 10:27 PM   #21
tiggrsbride
Mouseketeer

Great start! I am looking forward to following your trip updates!

My daughter was diagnosed with Crohn's when she was 2 during a colonoscopy, after symptoms from 2 months and many, many tests. She will soon be 15, and is doing fabulously! *knock wood* It was rough going until about 5. Life is good!
Old 02-02-2011, 08:56 AM   #22
brookerene
DIS Veteran

Mmmmm those photos make me hungry.... !
Old 02-02-2011, 12:54 PM   #23
shruley
Mouseketeer

Love the little one pouting in those character pictures!
2007- Disney Magic- Western Carribean
2005- Polynesian
2002- POFQ & AKL
Old 02-02-2011, 02:41 PM   #24
4monkeys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileycrissy View Post
Ok the breakfast pics of the kids is hysterical!! I love their faces! Was it too early in the morning for them?
YES! Allison was a bear that day to get up out of bed. We just found out that her cortisol levels were too low and it was make her EXTREMELY tired...but we had no time for that! Jonathon wasn't ready for the picture and he was pouting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrsbride View Post
Great start! I am looking forward to following your trip updates!

My daughter was diagnosed with Crohn's when she was 2 during a colonoscopy, after symptoms from 2 months and many, many tests. She will soon be 15, and is doing fabulously! *knock wood* It was rough going until about 5. Life is good!
So glad your daughter is doing better. It certainly gives a mom hope when she reads that! Do you mind telling me, what if any treatments have worked?

Welcome to our trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookerene View Post
Mmmmm those photos make me hungry.... !
I know.. I was thinking the same thing!! Wait till Tuesdays Breakfast!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shruley View Post
Love the little one pouting in those character pictures!
I think I forgot to mention it was only in the 30's that day when we got up and moving... He was NOT happy about that and was quite moody the rest of the day. You will see it again in more pictures!
Old 02-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #25
4monkeys
Mouseketeer

Day 2 December 13, 2010 Islands of Adventure.... Part 2

Day 2 Part 2

So off we go to Universal's Islands of Adventure!! The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!

Since I forgot to mention in my previous post, it was VERY COLD! We woke up to temps in the 30's and the high only mid to high 40's. Some of the coldest weather to hit Florida in a long time. Thank goodness I checked ahead and packed for warmer weather. We were all bundled and ready to go. Kids in the van.... Allison almost instantly falls asleep.

So after 20 minutes or so of driving, this is what we see.....

YAY! Everyone is starting to wake up more and the excitement is palpable in the air! Then we see....

We made it!! We pull up to the window, and all I have to do is show them our GKTW button and the gentleman says "Have a GREAT visit" And off we go to the Parking Garage. Things are going great...we aren't there at opening but that's ok. It's only 10 (they opened at 9) Get parked, the stroller out, the diaper bag and snacks get situated.... The kids are getting out, DH is putting Christopher in the stroller, he isn't having it so I decide to just "wear him". We get him all adjusted and ready to go. I get the camera out of the van AND DROP IT!!!! Yes, I dropped the digital camera as we are about to go into Harry Potter world for Allison's WISH!! UGH No worries, DH will fix it! He can fix everything! Yeah, not so much. It was broke! Good thing I had my cell phone and Alli had her little camera.

Not time to sulk, time to get on with the trip!! YAY We start walking to the park entrance. We get on the elevator, go down, walk for what seems like FOREVER. Keep walking some more.. and it's getting crowded. We get to the area they check your bags and we think we are about to get in. NO.. You enter in Universals City Walk (similar to DTD) and that is a large area too. Finally see the signs showing Left to ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE and right to UNIVERSAL STUDIOS. Off to the LEFT WE GO!!

We make it in, and our first stop... THE WIZARDING WORLD!! WOO HOO

Naturally on the other side of the park. ON the way we see the Grinch. Jonathon LOVES the movie and said he wanted to meet him.

We go in his Photo location. Jake and Alli see him (Jonathon REFUSES, another fit)

AND then the Grinch realizes Jonathon won't come over. This GRINCH acts just like in the movies!! WOWOWOWOWOW

Around a few more turns we see this.... HOGSMEADE!!

Apparently I have gone on long enough. Check out the next post

Last edited by 4monkeys; 02-02-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:52 PM   #26
4monkeys
Mouseketeer

Day 2 December 13, 2010 Islands of Adventure.... Part 3

Day 2 Part 3

Almost there!! Alli is all

SO HAPPY

We see Hogwarts BEAUTIFUL!!

After seeing the look in her eyes and feeling the excitement that she was radiating, the rest of the day was just a bonus! Allison's wish was coming true! At this moment I felt so blessed!!!

I feel like I am rambling... am I dragging this on too long???
Old 02-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #27
Emilyswish
Mouseketeer

I feel like I am rambling... am I dragging this on too long???

NOOOOO, not at all! I love it! We want more! We want more! We want more!!
Old 02-02-2011, 07:31 PM   #28
brookerene
DIS Veteran

We......need....moooooooorrrrrrrreeee! No you aren't rambling...! Great photos!
Old 02-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #29
tiggrsbride
Mouseketeer

[COLOR="Purple"]So glad your daughter is doing better. It certainly gives a mom hope when she reads that! Do you mind telling me, what if any treatments have worked?

My daughter started on a 5-ASA (Dipentum) at diagnosis, but couldn't keep her symptoms in check. She was hospitalized for a flare, put on prednisone, which helped for a bit. Her symptoms continued so Flagyl was added, along with other meds. She was weaned off of prednisone after over a year by adding 6-MP and a probiotic, along with omeprazole. This was right when Enbrel was coming on the market. That was going to be her next med. She remained on the immunosuppresant (6-MP), probiotic and Dipentum and Omeprazole for years. As of last month, she is solely on Dipentum. Her colonoscopies show moderate inflammation from her stomach throughout her entire intestinal tract, but she *knock wood again* is not symptomatic and doing well. She repeats her upper gi-endoscopy again in April. Fingers crossed that all goes well!

How have things gone for your daughter?
Old 02-02-2011, 09:56 PM   #30
Loodlow
Mouseketeer

No youre not rambling! Its great so far! Just found it and already caught up....I feel like I am there with you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: