Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2011, 03:12 AM   #1
brettystar
Mouseketeer

WDW Expansion query

With the announcement of the expansion, does anyone know if this will impact our visit much in May/June?
It looks like Toontown might be shut which is no great loss for me personally, but I am freaking out thinking there will be lots of closures and scaffolding everywhere.
I have checked closures on the site and there are not many for May/June but is that just because it is 4/5 months away still?
Has anyone been through WDW refurbishments/expansions in the past?
brettystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:53 AM   #2
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Disney does a pretty good job with disguising some of their work, Sometimes, like on main street they will put up canvas facades so it looks like the building should... i would not worry too much, the new area is just a small portion of MK and WDW itself

In the summer months there is usually far less renos going on than in the winter months but it shouldn't hinder your trip much.
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration/15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2011, 01:36 PM   #3
Spikerdink
Earning My Ears

If you are not a big Toontown visitor, it won't affect you at all. I read somewehere that the train station will be closing down soon in TT, so if you used (or planned to) jump on the train to go back to Main Street that will be the only inconvenience you will see.

Disney usually tries to disguise the construction/refurbs as best as they can to preserve the magic...and I have never been disappointed....
Spikerdink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:33 AM   #4
brettystar
Mouseketeer

Thanks heaps guys

You both made me feel better. I kinda freaked for a bit but then thought that Disney being Disney, they would still ensure there was enough to see and do and that it would still be magical.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:49 PM   #5
Scuttle
Mouseketeer

We are here now, and the only time I could actually see the construction was up in the Dumbo ride where you can see over the partitions into the construction area. Down on the ground, you just see the partitions which are nicely decorated with sayings from Walt Disney about growth and development being good for the Magic. It definitely doesn't take away from the magic at all.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:22 PM   #6
Old Snipe
Mouseketeer

Often Disney will paint the partitions to match the decor, like a partition in Main Street will be painted like a storefront. Last year the Castle had some work going on and the partitions were painted exactly like the bricks, you had to look closely to see it.

It won't be an issue and if anything, you'll be amazed at how clever Disney can be.

Best Regards!
Old 02-02-2011, 01:16 AM   #7
brettystar
Mouseketeer

Great - thanks so much

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: