Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #91
Disney Yooper
Formerly UP Disney

Location: Michigan's Beautiful Upper Peninsula (3 days a week), Lansing (4 days a week), and Saratoga Springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3princes View Post
I have been feeling yucky since Thursday. Came home early thursday, stayed hom sick on Friday (Hunter too). Yesterday I felt better, then yucky again today. Nothing really specific, bit of a cold, fever than comes and goes with headache and dizziness. Hoping to feel better tomorrow. I did help Hunter get his costume together for his God presentation this week. He was assigned Apollo, the God of Archery, Poetry, and music among other things. We did the toga, quiver, bow and Liar. I think it came out pretty Godlike

Tonight I helped Colby do his 100th day of school project for Friday. We used 100 legos to make a 100. He's happy He also got his Valentine's made out.
Another great costume by Deb!

Disney Yooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:02 PM   #92
Disney Yooper
Formerly UP Disney

Location: Michigan's Beautiful Upper Peninsula (3 days a week), Lansing (4 days a week), and Saratoga Springs

Quote:
That does not sound like a quick or easy fix. I hope they can do something quickly.

I went to grab something under the kitchen sink tonigt to find that cupboard wet. Turns out the drain we fixed a month or so ago is leaking again. Chris took it apart again and and put some more plumbers putty around the drain. Not sure why the first fix didn't work Now the wood needs to dry out so we can put things back.
I suspect that there is going to be some serious work that needs to be done. There are no pipes above my bedroom ceiling as it is the bedroom for the apartment above mine. I still have most everything moved out. What's strange is that it stopped dripping just about the time that the temperature reached above freezing and things started to melt outside. I was expecting it to start getting worse at that point and it did just the opposite. Very bizarre. So I'll just have to wait and see what they find. Any one want to bet that an aquarium or water bed upstairs busted?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #93
Disney Yooper
Formerly UP Disney

I'm hoping that someone who has watched the movie Autumn in New York would be willing to send me a private message with what happens in the last 5 minutes. I was flipping channels to see the game (since my family were at home watching it) and I missed the ending.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:29 AM   #94
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

Deb,
Great job on Hunter's costume!!!! Daniel was Hermes last week & all we did was make wings & pinned them to his sneakers!
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *
mommykds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:30 AM   #95
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Deb and Vicki - I hope your maintenance issues are taken care of quickly. Nothing worse than having something work improperly at your home!

Deb - I love Hunter's costume!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:49 AM   #96
bethbuchall
Had to make sure she was in Disney World on her 40th

Deb, that is a fantastic costume!

Well, we are starting week 2 of bathroom #1. I am already tired of having people in my house, and I have a long way to go... I'm not really complaining, though. I feel extremely fortunate that we are able to have this done. The demolition is done, so we should start seeing progress every day now.

Deb and Vicki, I hope that your maintenance problems are easily resolved.

Not too much else going on around here.

bethbuchall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #97
bethbuchall

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommykds View Post
Deb,
Great job on Hunter's costume!!!! Daniel was Hermes last week & all we did was make wings & pinned them to his sneakers!
That's more my speed.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:39 AM   #98
bethbuchall

Good morning, DDA! Not much new to report here. The schools are on a 2-hour delay again this morning. We didn't get a lot of snow, so I guess it was just the timing. I am ready to be done with this winter, and it hasn't even been a really bad one here.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:19 AM   #99
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Good morning, DDA.

Nothing to report. Just more waiting and maintaining.

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:12 AM   #100
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

We ended up with about 3 inches of snow overnight. Not bad, but the kids and I are done with winter! Alan had to cover a story of 3 semi trucks and a 5th wheeler that gone blown over on the freeway because of winds. It was really scary!

Today is supposed to be clear and the snow will melt a lot! Yea!!!!!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #101
bethbuchall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis View Post
We ended up with about 3 inches of snow overnight. Not bad, but the kids and I are done with winter! Alan had to cover a story of 3 semi trucks and a 5th wheeler that gone blown over on the freeway because of winds. It was really scary!

Today is supposed to be clear and the snow will melt a lot! Yea!!!!!
I am done with winter, too! Unfortunately, winter is not done with us, and it's hard to predict when it will be. I know that we've had a few inches of snow on my birthday in the past, but the year that Matthew was born, we'd had a couple of days in the 80's by his birthday in mid-April. I do know that March can be a cruel month, so I know that I still have almost 2 months to wait.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:52 AM   #102
bethbuchall

Good morning, DDA!

Old 02-09-2011, 03:11 PM   #103
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

It's official, I'm unemployed The company that I worked for is being acquired by another company and they do not plan to do business in Vermont so about 25 of us are unemployed as of Friday. I'm actually using up floating holidays the next 2 days so I'm already done. I've expected it for over 2 weeks now and have a bunch of job apps out, hopefully something good will come up soon. In the meantime I'll get to spend February vacation with the boys. It will also give me time to get games scheduled for the lacrosse program.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #104
tinknme
I happened to be posting on the thread
I told dh it must have been something in the water over there

Quote:
It's official, I'm unemployed The company that I worked for is being acquired by another company and they do not plan to do business in Vermont so about 25 of us are unemployed as of Friday. I'm actually using up floating holidays the next 2 days so I'm already done. I've expected it for over 2 weeks now and have a bunch of job apps out, hopefully something good will come up soon. In the meantime I'll get to spend February vacation with the boys. It will also give me time to get games scheduled for the lacrosse program.

Sorry to hear this Deb

tinknme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #105
MinnieMouseMom
BL II - Red Team
WISH Biggest Loser
Knows resistance is futile

Quote:
I'm sorry, Deb

Disneyland-'79, '85, '97, '99, '00, '02, '05, '08-offsite
Disneyland-'03-Grand Californian
Disneyland Hotel-'10
WDW-Honeymoon '93-Swan
All-Star Movies-'05
Polynesian-Honeymoon Suite-'05
CBR-'09
POR-'12

MinnieMouseMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: