Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 01:17 PM   #3376
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Good afternoon, DDA!

I am glad to see that you are OK, Bernadette. Kathrin was a volunteer at the Marathon but was home by the time the bombing happened. The little boy who was killed is from her neighborhood. How horrible for everyone involved. How heartbreaking.

ETA: She just posted this on facebook. I thought it was a good thing to share with those of you who might not see it. There are so many good and nice people out there.

I started crying on the train today when we passed by Copley and the driver had to make the announcement that it was closed because of yesterday. At the next stop, she jumped out of the train and came back with a Dunkin Donuts napkin for me, saying "This is the best I could do. It'll be okay, honey bun." There are kind and helpful and wonderful people everywhere. Let's all try to act more like them, and less like the other ones.

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."

Last edited by PNO4TE; 04-16-2013 at 02:02 PM.
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:25 AM   #3377
MrsHeg
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear everyone is ok, it's such a shame that there are people in this world who would do things like this.
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #3378
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good morning, DDA!

Debbie - How are you doing?

Old 04-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #3379
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
Could only make the Pep Squad
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!

We saw the urologist and he has Hal on a pill now. Bicalutamide. This stops the other 10% of testosterone growth in the adrenal gland. There are so many side affects Next visit is with the oncologist to see if he wants Hal to stay with just the shot and pill. He also had another blood test to check the PSA level. Next shot will be on May 22 when we see the oncologist. He is having so many heat flashes. We just can't seem to coordinate them

I hope everyone is doing good. I have been crying all week. Monday was so awful and I was worried until I heard everyone was okay. Watching a segment on bringing service dogs to the hospitals got me crying again. I just want to go to bed and not think anymore.

We are still going to WDW and taking a cruise so let the planning begin!!

tinker1bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #3380
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Terry I hope the new meds work for Hal. You must be so frustrated at this point.

I have no made progress in feeling better myself. They've added more meds, but the stomache issues continue. It is very frustrating.

Deb
my3princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #3381
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good morning, DDA!

You are all in my thoughts as we deal with national and personal tragedies.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:36 AM   #3382
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Good morning, all! Whew, it's windy here today! I feel like we're going to get blown to Oz! Luckily, I have nowhere to go! Today is registration day for Katie, so I'm hovering over the computer, waiting for it to open. It's a free for all, and I really need to make sure I get her the right Physics and Pre-Calc teachers! After that, I can fill in the blanks with the other classes. Sigh! I thought this was what the school counselors were supposed to do, but apparently, it's not. Don't ask me what they really do, because I surely don't know!

Anywho... life goes on here. Alan is in his last 2 weeks of school, so I'm trying to get the kids to realize that they are not going to be seeing a lot of him. He will be so glad when it's over, and then he can just focus on his thesis project and his "comps", the big test he has to take next fall to get his degree. The end is in sight!!!

I'm counting down the days to Disneyland! We are all so excited! I'm hoping to have pictures of some shirts to show you all in the next couple of weeks. My sister and I have to finish them and make sure they all look ok. Cross your fingers! The tie dye shirts turned out great, and the kids are excited to wear them!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #3383
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Good Morning. Good Luck getting those classes Glynis.

Deb
my3princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:17 AM   #3384
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good morning, DDA!

It is a chilly April morning here. But I leave for WDW in only 5 days, so I think I can handle having to wear a sweater without much complaint!

Hope you all have wonderful Tuesdays!

Old 04-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #3385
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Morning, everyone!

Deb - Thanks for the good thoughts. They worked! With only minimal stress, I was able to get Katie signed up for all the classes that she needs, and most of the classes she wants. The only one we couldn't fit in was the Fantasy/Sci Fi Writing class. She can take that next year, if she still wants it. So, as it stands, she'll be taking AP Art/Drawing, Physics, Musical Theater, AP World History, Theater Productions, Digital Photography, Pre-Calculus, and English 11 Honors. Whew! That's quite a lot! They also held auditions for next Fall's musical, West Side Story, and she was cast in the Ensemble, so we'll have rehearsals and all of that stuff, too! Busy year! The best thing is that she found out that she has at least one really good friend in every class except Digital Photography. Not too shabby!

Elin - Wow! 5 more days!!! Very cool!!! We have a few weeks left until Disneyland, but Timmy is positive it's today! I think we need to make a countdown calendar for him. Maybe that will be today's project.

Have a great day, everyone!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #3386
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

Elin, getting excited? I hope you like the food & wine/beer at Epcot. We loved it, hope they do that every year. It doesn't compare to the F&W in the fall but since we can't go then it's the next best thing.
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *
mommykds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #3387
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good afternoon, DDA!

We are leaving tomorrow to do a 30 hour trip to PA to see Bob's Dad. I made sure I was 99% packed for my Disney trip before I get ready to leave to teach. I am really going to need this vacation!! My good friend, Henry (and his gorgeous dog, Zeus) are picking me up at 5:00 AM on Sunday for my flight. They will come back and pick me up at midnight on Tuesday. He was worried about my being worn out for my trip. Now THAT is a friend!!!

Old 04-26-2013, 08:43 PM   #3388
bear74
DIS Veteran

Elin have a great trip.

Bernadette glad you all are safe.
bear74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #3389
bear74
DIS Veteran

My Dad finally got out of the hospital on wed. after being in for 16 days. He came down with severe Pneumonia, he had a very high fever and was saying he was going to go fishing with Peter on Crystal waters. The ER Dr. said if we had waited much longer he would not have made it. He had just finished 8 months of Chemo for his B Cell Lymphoma. His CT and PET scans were clear in Jan. but the Dr wanted to do 4 more months just to make sure. The lung Dr. said the chemo scared his lungs and now that the pneumonia is cleared we can give him steroids to heal his lungs
bear74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #3390
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

I wanted to appologize for not having posted in so long (before bombings). I was in such a funk and then feeling like a loser for not being able to shake it. I know I've got A LOT to be VERY thankful for so I feel guilty for feeling so blue. Work continues to be stressful. They just fired someone this week over something so petty. He's 60 and been here for 15 years. I wonder how he'll get another job. I've been there 21 years. My boss is great and I don't really feel like my job is at risk but I hate seeing how everyone else is treated. I get paid reasonably well, have pretty good insurance, have pretty much 40 hour week, have a pension, 30 sick days per year (only get paid for them if you need them-no cashing in-but still great-I used to have 5 where I worked previously), AND have 6 weeks vacation. I don't want to find a new job, I don't think I could find a new job. But it is really stressful to be the sole wage earner in such a volatile environment. I've also got some other issues going on at home but don't want to post about those in a public forum. The longer spring days have improved my mood.

I have thought of you all while not posting.

Elin-have a great trip!!!

Terry-continued prayers for Hal

Deb-sorry to hear of your stomach issues.

Glynis-yay for Alan nearly being done with school! I'm sure you'll have a great DL trip. I'd love to see pics of you shirts! One of my coworkers is going with her DD (10) when Emma and I are there. Her DD has never been so I've made them a few shirts to help make her trip more magical.

Debbie-so sorry you need another surgery and now have liver issues too. do you have a new surgery date yet?

Theresa-nice to see you.

Jennifer-sorry to hear about your Dad. He must be glad to be home.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: