Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #3286
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
Could only make the Pep Squad
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!

Hi DDA!!!

Well as I expected, the results were not good. We saw the Dr today and he said looking at the results he is requesting a CT scan of the abdomen and Bone scan. That means waiting another three weeks.

They did a biopsy of the top, middle and bottom of the right side of the Prostate. The middle was clean but the top and bottom had a result of 7 out of 1 being good to 10 for bad. Since this is VA, we are dealing with, it could mean possibly a longer wait to get scheduled for the tests. Most likely, we caught it in time and only taking out the Prostate will be necessary, but in two years the PSA going from 2.4 to 50 is a concern.

Of course the side affects are also a concern. Friends of Hal's have already had their Prostrates removed with no side affects except one guy has been having heat flashes!! But after over 43 years of marriage, the side affects don't concern me any more, just let him be cancer free.

I will keep you posted. Unless Hal posts something on Facebook, I am not posting there.

Love you Guys!!

tinker1bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #3287
bethbuchall
Had to make sure she was in Disney World on her 40th

I'm so sorry for the not good news. I will keep you both in my prayers!

bethbuchall is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 10:18 PM   #3288
bear74
DIS Veteran

Terry and prayers
bear74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:39 PM   #3289
tmfranlk
Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.

Location: physically in St. Louis, mentally in WDW, but a Boston girl at heart...Go Sox!

We'll keep praying Terry. I hope they can get him in for the additional tests quickly. Hugs to you all.

.............Art of Animation, I hope! -- March 14-23, 2014
tmfranlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:43 AM   #3290
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Terry - I am sorry that you and Hal are going through this. You are both in my thoughts.

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:17 AM   #3291
Pooh67_68
My head looked like a brillo pad
DH gave me roses ... just because :)
Someone please take pity on me, and send me a small piece of pecan pie

Sorry to hear Terry, good thoughts for Hal and you.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:44 AM   #3292
Disney Yooper
Formerly UP Disney

Location: Michigan's Beautiful Upper Peninsula (3 days a week), Lansing (4 days a week), and Saratoga Springs

Prayers coming your way.

Disney Yooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #3293
Tammi67
1st to out the Tag Fairy as the real celeb
I'd definitely choose the swirl

Terry, I'm so sorry to hear this. I can relate to what you are going through because my dad went through the same thing. I'm happy to report that his surgery was a success. I'm praying that if Hal has surgery, his will be successful too.
Tammi67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #3294
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker1bell View Post
Hi DDA!!!

Well as I expected, the results were not good. We saw the Dr today and he said looking at the results he is requesting a CT scan of the abdomen and Bone scan. That means waiting another three weeks.

They did a biopsy of the top, middle and bottom of the right side of the Prostate. The middle was clean but the top and bottom had a result of 7 out of 1 being good to 10 for bad. Since this is VA, we are dealing with, it could mean possibly a longer wait to get scheduled for the tests. Most likely, we caught it in time and only taking out the Prostate will be necessary, but in two years the PSA going from 2.4 to 50 is a concern.

Of course the side affects are also a concern. Friends of Hal's have already had their Prostrates removed with no side affects except one guy has been having heat flashes!! But after over 43 years of marriage, the side affects don't concern me any more, just let him be cancer free.

I will keep you posted. Unless Hal posts something on Facebook, I am not posting there.

Love you Guys!!
We'll pray for the least amount of cancer and best possible outcome for you and Hal

Deb
my3princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:17 AM   #3295
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Hi, everyone! It's been a long time since I was here. Can I still come in and play?

Deb - I hope everyone at your house is feeling 100%, now!

Debbie - An impromptu trip sounds great!

Tammi - I can't believe how fast the kids have all grown up! Congrats on the early retirement! I think your plan is perfect!

Terry - Prayers for you and Hal. My dad had his prostate removed 15 years ago. The surgery has come a long way since then! I hope that all goes well!

Beth - Sorry you've been in a fog. I think this cold weather does that to a lot of people. I know it's hard to think about family trips without Matthew, but it comes to that for all of us sooner or later. He'll understand, I'm sure.

I've been keeping myself busy with helping out at Katie's drama department. I wasn't going to do any more costumes, but the student director for the winter play, "Heaven Can Wait", really got himself into a bind, so I jumped in to help. It's been fun! Katie is part of the cast, and has really had a great time with it!

Jacob is currently working on finishing up 9 merit badges so that he can start work on his Eagle project this summer. He turns 14 in November, and his goal is to have his Eagle by then. Should be a busy summer for us!

The twins are keeping themselves busy in many ways. Science fair just ended and both girls did well. No one advanced to the next level (hooray), but they had fun anyway. Now, they are working on Battle of the Books. A competition between schools in our district. They have been assigned different books to read per grade. At the end of the year, there will be a schoolwide "Jeopardy" style contest between teams, and the winners will go on to compete with other schools in the district. Mary is taking it a bit more seriously than Leslie, but both are spending a lot of time, this winter, reading.

Timmy just plugs along as my little buddy! He's growing so fast! He is really the light of my life! Love that kid! He talks like a grown up, and it's terribly cute to hear it coming out of a 4 year old mouth! He's so excited for our Disneyland trip in June! He's almost 41 inches tall, so he'll finally be able to ride some of the big rides! He can't wait!

I promise I'll try to check in here, more! Life just seems to get busier and busier instead of slowing down!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #3296
my3princes

Everyone here seems to be feeling better.

We were on the light end of the snowfall around here. Some places are still digging out. I guess we were lucky. No power loss though the internet required a comcast call. I hate call because they spend the entire call trying to upsell.

Chris and I spent the day helping my brother tap the maple orchard. It was cold and so slippery with the new snow. I can't tell you how many times we slipped and fell. Not good for my hip which I started PT on last week. I fell on my butt at one point and started sliding down the hill, a branch caught my snowpants and ripped the butt right out of them

Deb
Old 02-11-2013, 06:01 AM   #3297
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Good morning, DDA!

I am glad to hear that most of you are doing better and/or fine.

I have been worried about Bernadette since I think she probably got hit pretty hard with the storm. Kathrin and my brother in Boston got close to 30 inches.

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:24 AM   #3298
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Morning, all! Another cold day here, but we have been promised that the weekend storm will be gone today! Crossing my fingers. I know we don't have as much snow as you in the north east, but we just got 2 inches on top of the 24 inches we already had. I'm beginning to feel like an Eskimo!

No real plans here. I've got some books that came in at the library, so Timmy and I may bundle up and go pick them up. Other than that, it's just laundry and snuggle time for me.

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #3299
tmfranlk
Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.

Location: physically in St. Louis, mentally in WDW, but a Boston girl at heart...Go Sox!

Good morning, DDA!

Good to see everyone this sunny cold day.

Glynis - Busy as always, but I'm glad it'a all going so well. Congrats to Jacob for being so close to working he Eagle already. That's amazing.

Deb - Glad you didn't get hit too badly. Hope tapping didn't do too much damage to your hip.

Elin - Hope your brother and Kathrin haven't suffered too much from the snow. I've been wondering about Bernadette too.

We're all good here. I had a nasty diverticulitis attack Friday and Saturday so I'm still working my way back from that. Still very sore today and a little slow, though now as bad as yesterday when the 95 year old lady lapped me twice in the grocery store I was moving so slow. So far my kiddos are playing very well today (knock on wood) so hopefully that continues and I don't have to overdo it too much today.

.............Art of Animation, I hope! -- March 14-23, 2014
tmfranlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #3300
my3princes

Tia I hope your feeling better soon.

Deb

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: