Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #3196
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3princes View Post
God help me, we have another teenage driver. Hunter got his learner's permit today
Wow! Where does the time go??? Katie turned 15 in July, and I can't get her to even crack the handbook open. She really doesn't want to learn to drive! Alan is going to have to force the issue, I think!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:15 PM   #3197
Glynis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Good afternoon, DDA!

Jen - I know you don't get on here very often, but please know Bob and I are keeping you close to our hearts as you all work through the devastation in your area. I know you are sad.
Jen - the same goes for me and my family! Please know that you are in our thoughts. I hope that you are doing ok. Please let us know.

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #3198
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Good morning, DDA!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #3199
MrsHeg
DIS Veteran

Jen - My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, although Richie and I came through Katrina with minimal damage compared to several, we have several family members who didn't. The good news is that they have all either rebuilt or relocated and are doing well now.

It is still shocking when I drive down our beach area, so many people were unable to rebuild, the reason being is they were unable to insure their properties, the cost is unbelievable.

We as a country need to come together to help those in need, it was so wonderful to see all the people here to lend a helping hand after the storm, without them and the generous financial donations we would not be where we are today. I don't have a lot to give but I figure what I do have will be a small help, I plan on donating to the Red Cross, they were amazing.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #3200
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

One of our local businesses donated a box truck which has been pared at Walmart since Friday. The truck was completely filled by this afternoon and leaves at 6 AM tomorrow morning for New Jersey. Our community remembers the devastation that we went through just last year and is reaching out to help our neighboring states as they did for us

Deb
my3princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:51 AM   #3201
MrsHeg
DIS Veteran

Good Morning,

Where has everyone been, I started back to work and have been dealing with exhaustion. I decided to get a second opinion on my foot so I'll be seeing another doctor about it Wednesday, we'll see what he has to say.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #3202
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good morning, DDA!

The mad rush to a musical Christmas has begun. Not a lot of time to get on here and chat, but I wanted to check in to make sure everyone was OK.

Debbie - I am glad you are getting a second opinion.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #3203
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good afternoon, DDA!

I miss hearing about you all.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:34 PM   #3204
Glynis

Sorry I haven't been around much lately! However, that should change after Thanksgiving! The high school play (I did the costumes for it) closes tonight! Whew! It's been a ton of work... more than I planned on, actually, but it's also been really fun! The kids have been so grateful, and I've made a ton of new friends! However, I miss "free time". Can't wait to have some of that back!

My brother and his family are coming to stay with us for Thanksgiving and will be here tomorrow, so I've got to spend some time getting the house ready for company. Luckily, I'm not hosting the big dinner! My sister gets that honor, as she has the biggest house! My dad is driving up Wednesday, so he'll be here for our annual pie night! Can't wait!

I have a pie night with Alan's family tonight, so I've been making pies all day today. So far I have a browned butter butterscotch pie, a cherry pie, a pecan pie, and I'm working on a derby pie. That's just for tonight! Then, for Wednesday, I'm making another derby pie, a sour cream lemon pie (Jacob's request), and a pumpkin/pecan pie. If the butterscotch is a hit tonight, I may whip another one of those up, too. It really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be!

Hope you are all doing well. I promise that once Thanksgiving is over, I will come back and post at least once a day! I miss the days when there were pages and pages to read. Oh well. We are all busy with kids going all kinds of directions!

Old 11-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #3205
tmfranlk
Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.

Location: physically in St. Louis, mentally in WDW, but a Boston girl at heart...Go Sox!

Not much new here. The whole family plus my neighbor kiddos and mom went to see the Christmas lights last night. Our local drive thru park does a ticketed walk through event the first weekend so we checked that out last night. It was a lot if fun to take your time checking everything out. Afterward we all went to Cici's for pizza.

Thanksgiving we're going to Erin's MIL's again. Sounds like her "ham and turkey" has turned into a full meal plus all the sides we're bringing so it should be more than an adequate feast.

Miss Charlotte is six months old today and doing great. She's about 11 1/2 lbs and working in frowning. She had a brief hospital stay last week for respiratory junk but no RSV and she's much better now so all is good. She started turning front to back this week as well. She's a happy baby and doing really well over all.

The girls are very good. Deva's a crazy running constantly talking goofball. She's so full of life and love and laughter. Terra is as crazy creative as ever. In fact right now she's in and out of the house with her club/clubhouse in the works complete with newspaper hat that looks like it could belong to the Pope.

Wish there were better, more interesting things keeping us busy, but it's really just a bunch of work and other mundane stuff. I may have a new charge come in Jan. A friend of Rachel's is due early Jan and I'll watch the baby when she goes back to school. Once I figure out their ting needs ill work on filling the last spot and moving forward there.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Happy thanksgiving everyone!
Old 11-20-2012, 07:23 AM   #3206
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good morning, DDA!

Glynis and Tia... Thanks for the updates!

Hope everyone's plans for the upcoming Thanksgiving celebration are coming along. We still don't know what we are doing!

Kristin and her roommate will arrive tomorrow night and leave Friday morning. They have to eat a big family dinner with Ashley's family so I am seriously thinking about some kind of buffet spread here that we can graze on throughout the day. Still thinking...

Old 11-20-2012, 08:44 AM   #3207
Glynis

Good morning, everyone! Well, it's closing night, and I'm so glad!!! Hopefully, life will slow down.

My brother and his family arrive tonight, and my dad gets here tomorrow. We have our second pie night tomorrow night, with my side of the family, so that will be fun!

Right now, the weather is really good, and I'm just crossing my fingers that it stays that way through the weekend. We just want to be able to send the kids out to play while we get Thanksgiving dinner on. I'm responsible for stuffing/dressing, candied yams, salad and a pie. Should be fun!

Have a great day, everyone!

Old 11-20-2012, 08:20 PM   #3208
my3princes

Hello Everyone!!

Long time since I popped in. Life is busy and the new job has me running. It's been a really good fit and the move to the new building has given me a chance to take a leadership role (no pay increase, but maybe that will come later) I've only been here 9 weeks so having positive comments from the top is certainly boosting my self esteem. Maybe this is just what the doctor ordered in my life. Chris and the boys are well. A 3 boys got straight A's last quarter. Nick recieved the Outstanding student of the quarter award for his Computer Technologies Class. That is fabulous since computers is what he plans to major in in college. He has also been asked to apply to National Honor Society and the FBLA. We are very proud of all of them. Varsity bowling starts next Wednesday and Nick just got a seasonal job at Kohls so that will add more to his schedule as well as Hunter's (bowling) and of course it will fill all of our Saturdays for months to come.

Deb
Old 11-21-2012, 04:10 PM   #3209
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

DDA!

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

Old 11-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #3210
my3princes

I'm thankful for all my DDA friends. Love you guys

Deb

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: