Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 06:12 AM   #3151
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Good morning, DDA!

Another good day yesterday and I got to see Lindsay!!! I hope both Bob and I have a chance to meet up with her again before she goes home. (... she is just as sweet and lovely as ever!)

Headed to AK this morning with lunch at Yak & Yeti with another DIS friend. More F & W later today.

We are (im)patiently waiting the arrival of Kristin (tomorrow) and Elizabeth and Debbie!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:01 AM   #3152
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Hi, everyone! I'm home for a "minute" before jetting off to dad's house... again!

Last weekend I went with Katie to her Shakespeare competition. The scene that she was in took 3rd place in her division! She was so excited! The entire team did so well that they took 2nd place Sweepstakes! It was a great trip! Of course, I came home to a husband with a nasty cold, which means the house fell apart while I was gone. Every dish and pot and pan in the house was dirty. I've spent the last 2 days doing dishes and laundry in all my "spare" time.

The district's Fall Break starts tomorrow. The last of my kids gets home from school at 4:00, so we are heading to dad's house tonight! Alan has some interviews lined up for his thesis documentary, and the rest of us plan to relax, watch some theater, and just enjoy being away from home! We will get back Sunday night. Of course, that means I have to pack everyone up before we leave, which means a hectic day for me. Oh well! No rest for the weary!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane ~ The Light Between Oceans
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 11:40 AM   #3153
tmfranlk
Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.

Location: physically in St. Louis, mentally in WDW, but a Boston girl at heart...Go Sox!

Hi all. A quick prayer request for Jennifer (bear). She just texted me that she was in a car accident this morning. They are keeping her overnight because they say one of her carotid arteries is narrowed on the side where the seatbelt was. She says she's really sore and bruised all down her left side. I don't believe any of the girls were with her. I'll post more if I here anything.

Thanks everyone!

tmfranlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:14 PM   #3154
bear74
DIS Veteran

Thanks Tia for posting for me. No the girls were at home. I was on my way to work. My mom talked to the tow truck company and the sherrif, both say the van is totaled. It would have been paid off next month.
bear74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #3155
Blueeyes101817
Diehard Cowboys fan!
Tag trading will not be as profitable as pin trading
Being watched

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear74 View Post
Thanks Tia for posting for me. No the girls were at home. I was on my way to work. My mom talked to the tow truck company and the sherrif, both say the van is totaled. It would have been paid off next month.
o no!! Im so sorry to hear this..how are you feeling? Im glad the girls werent with you.
Blueeyes101817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:39 PM   #3156
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Jennifer - I am so sorry to hear about your accident, and very happy to know the girls were not with you!

Old 10-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #3157
bear74
DIS Veteran

Their letting me go home tonight.
bear74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #3158
MinnieMouseMom
BL II - Red Team
WISH Biggest Loser
Knows resistance is futile

Glad you get to go home, Jennifer! Hope you feel better soon!

Disneyland-'79, '85, '97, '99, '00, '02, '05, '08-offsite
Disneyland-'03-Grand Californian
Disneyland Hotel-'10
WDW-Honeymoon '93-Swan
All-Star Movies-'05
Polynesian-Honeymoon Suite-'05
CBR-'09
POR-'12

MinnieMouseMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:32 AM   #3159
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good morning, DDA!

Jennifer - I am glad you were discharged last night!

Off to MK early this morning for a quick look around and a final meeting with Lindsay!

Have good days, everyone.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:23 AM   #3160
MrsHeg
DIS Veteran

Jennifer - I'm glad you're ok and thank goodness the girls weren't with you

I have wound care this morning and we're off to see the world!

: cool1:
Old 10-12-2012, 07:40 AM   #3161
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsHeg View Post
Jennifer - I'm glad you're ok and thank goodness the girls weren't with you

I have wound care this morning and we're off to see the world!

: cool1:
Elizabeth got in late last night! Almost time to see some more old friends! Hurry up and get here!

Old 10-12-2012, 07:43 AM   #3162
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good morning, DDA!

Old 10-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #3163
tmfranlk
Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.

Location: physically in St. Louis, mentally in WDW, but a Boston girl at heart...Go Sox!

Good morning, DDA!

Things are about the same here. Mom goes back to work next Friday and then has her second knee done on Dec 10. She's doing really well with just a few really sore days here and there. The toughest part with going back to work is going to be energy level. 8 hour grocery store days are a far reach from what she's doing now. She's trying to get out and do more right now to build her stamina, but she's wiped by the end of the day. I figure that first week or so back will have her totally exhausted and to just plan for nothing extra from her right now. But the knee is straight, only surgery sore and getting stronger every day so that's all good!

tmfranlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #3164
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good morning, DDA!

So glad we got to see Elizabeth and Debbie last week. Made the trip so much more enjoyable!

Old 10-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #3165
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Hey all. Sorry I have been MIA for a while. Things got really crazy, and I don't think they are going to slow down much until after Thanksgiving. Of course, then we have Christmas to deal with, so maybe I'd better not hold my breath!

Elin - Sounds like you had a fun trip! Tell all!!

Jennifer - I'm so glad that you weren't hurt worse in the accident. That is really scary!

Tia - Prayers for your mom as she continues to recover. It's a hard thing, but totally worth it.

Debbie - Hope all is well with your leg, while on your trip!

I'm up to my ears in costumes for White Christmas at Katie's high school. Remind me never to volunteer for this kind of thing, again! With Alan in school, and the kids going 10 different ways all the time, it really wasn't a good idea! Oh well. It will be over before Thanksgiving. Then, I'm going to have to have a talk with the director about the rest of the year. I just don't think I can do this!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane ~ The Light Between Oceans
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: