Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #3061
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis View Post
We are still in limbo on the moving situation, although Alan keeps hearing rumors that he's already been hired for the new position, so we don't know what to think. He asked his boss, and was told that it was a real possibility for January. If that happens, Alan will move south first, and live with my dad while he works and finds a house for us. I will stay put here, and help the kids finish out the school year, pack up and get ready to move after our Disneyland trip in June. Sigh. I just wish we knew for sure. Until we do, though, I'm decluttering, dejunking, and giving away a ton of stuff we don't need anymore. Good to do regardless, I guess.
Somehow I missed the original discussion of this! Good for Alan!! You will get it all done, Glynis. It always gets done, one way or another!

(After 12 moves I promise I know what I am talking about!)

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:48 AM   #3062
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good morning, DDA!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2012, 09:48 AM   #3063
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsHeg View Post
Had a great weekend with the foot but I've overdone it so tonight is a little rough. Things are definitely improving though, I just have to remember that I can't stand or walk too much.
That is great news, Debbie!

Old 09-12-2012, 12:03 AM   #3064
Tinkaroo
DIS Veteran

Hi, DDA!

I was just thinking about you all tonight, and thought I would pop on, read a few pages, and say "hello"! I hope everyone is well.

I'm glad to see everyone is still up to what they do best, including Deb with her amazing home improvement projects. Colby's room looks great!!!!

Debbie - for healing!

Glynis - I'm glad your Dad is okay. A move - sounds exciting, particularly if it's good for your family and brings you closer to your dad.

Jen - good luck with another year of school!

Elin - I'm glad to hear you got to see Kathrin. Yay for your upcoming Disney trip!!!

We are doing okay here - just very busy, but such is life! We just got back last night from a whirlwind trip to DL/DCA - with Austin being such a huge Cars fan (and Jonathan having a lot of free travel rewards), we decided to forego a birthday party and take him to CA instead. Austin turned 3 yesterday (yikes!!), but we were in the parks Thurs-Sun, so we made the most of his last few days of free Disney admission. We had such a great time - Austin is getting more and more into the trips, and was really able to enjoy things this time around. And Cars Land certainly lived up to expectations! They really have done a fabulous job on DCA.

I hope everyone else is doing well! I hope to pop in more often - missing my Disney fixes more and more, and Austin will be in preschool this year for 10 hours throughout the week, so I'm hoping to sneak in some more DIS time here and there.

You guys are always in my thoughts!

Dreaming of Disney...

Many family trips to see the Mouse!
1980, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, DL 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1995, 1997, 2000
My "grown-up" trips!
8/01 - CBR; 5/03 - Swan; 4/05 - Pop & AKL; 8/05 - GF; 10/05 - POFQ; 11-12/05 - WL & BWI; 1/06 – DL DLH; 1/06 - AKL; 3/06 - SSR & Poly; 8/06 - BC; 12/06 - SSR; 3/07 - AKL; 9/07 - YC; 10/07 - Pop;
11-12/07 – DCL Wonder, GF RPC, & SSR; 5/08 - ASMu & GF; 9/08 – DCL Wonder & Swan; 10-11/08 – DL GCH; 12/08 - AKV-Jambo & GF RPC; 1/09 - CBR; 5/09 - ASSp & CR; 8/10 - VB & AKV-Kidani; 12/10 – AKV-Jambo; 2/11 –MVC offsite & DCL Dream; 5/11 – Pop; 8/11 – VB & Wyndham Bonnet Creek; 12/11 – Pop & BLT; 3/12 – HHI; 9/12 – DL offsite (FFI); 10/12 – POR; 12/12 – OKW; 3/13 – HHI

Tinkaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:16 AM   #3065
MrsHeg
DIS Veteran

Hi Lindsey, great to see you again!

Janet was just asking about you recently, she wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday, we've formed a group on facebook too.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #3066
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkaroo View Post
Hi, DDA!

I was just thinking about you all tonight, and thought I would pop on, read a few pages, and say "hello"! I hope everyone is well.

I'm glad to see everyone is still up to what they do best, including Deb with her amazing home improvement projects. Colby's room looks great!!!!

Debbie - for healing!

Glynis - I'm glad your Dad is okay. A move - sounds exciting, particularly if it's good for your family and brings you closer to your dad.

Elin - I'm glad to hear you got to see Kathrin. Yay for your upcoming Disney trip!!!

We are doing okay here - just very busy, but such is life! We just got back last night from a whirlwind trip to DL/DCA - with Austin being such a huge Cars fan (and Jonathan having a lot of free travel rewards), we decided to forego a birthday party and take him to CA instead. Austin turned 3 yesterday (yikes!!), but we were in the parks Thurs-Sun, so we made the most of his last few days of free Disney admission. We had such a great time - Austin is getting more and more into the trips, and was really able to enjoy things this time around. And Cars Land certainly lived up to expectations! They really have done a fabulous job on DCA.

I hope everyone else is doing well! I hope to pop in more often - missing my Disney fixes more and more, and Austin will be in preschool this year for 10 hours throughout the week, so I'm hoping to sneak in some more DIS time here and there.

Hi, Lindsay! How nice to read about you and your men.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #3067
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good morning, DDA!

Old 09-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #3068
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Good morning! It was nice to log in today and see Lindsay's post!!! Sounds like everything is going well for you and your guys! Glad you got a chance to see Carsland. We are planning a trip in June, and Timmy can't wait! He talks about it all the time!

It's definitely Fall here! The leaves are changing so fast, it's kind of depressing! I do like the chill in the air, though!

Have a great day, everyone!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #3069
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkaroo View Post
Hi, DDA!

Debbie - for healing!

It's great to hear from you. I can't believe that Austin is 3 already, but then again Nick will be 17 in 2 weeks Time sure does fly. We enjoyed Carsland, but were surprised that Radiato Springs was broke down much of the time we were there.

Deb
my3princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #3070
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good afternoon, DDA!

Old 09-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #3071
MrsHeg
DIS Veteran

Wound care day today, they've started the paperwork for the skin graft, he wants to put it on next week.

Hopefully the first one takes
Old 09-13-2012, 05:23 PM   #3072
bear74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wound care day today, they've started the paperwork for the skin graft, he wants to put it on next week.

prayers said
bear74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:01 PM   #3073
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:

I hope so too, Debbie.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:51 PM   #3074
Blueeyes101817
Diehard Cowboys fan!
Tag trading will not be as profitable as pin trading
Being watched

Lindsay-so good to see you! I cannot believe Austin is 3! Crazy!

Hope everyone is doing well. I am SO looking forward to this weekend. I am dragging! i forget every year how exhausting the first couple weeks of school are and how much the kids cant do yet..ive been laying on the couch since 8 and just cant wait to fall asleep! Definitely catching up on sleep this weekend. Everything else is going well..my brother called me this morning and told me hes coming to visit for 2 weeks next month and asked if he can stay with me! Of course, i told him yes and he is driving up and bringing the dog..i am so excited to see them both. he was hoping to get home for my birthday but will be home 3 days later. The countdown is on. And Joey will be meeting joe, so im actually looking forward to that too. I cannot beleve September is half over already..this year is flying by!
Blueeyes101817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:56 PM   #3075
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Good Luck Debbie. I hope this is a quick and easy procedure for you

Deb
my3princes is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: