Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-04-2012, 07:38 PM   #3031
Blueeyes101817
Diehard Cowboys fan!
Tag trading will not be as profitable as pin trading
Being watched
 
Blueeyes101817's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 24,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3princes View Post


I'm sure it will be fine. Being nervous just means that you care
Thanks Deb! Today went well with our all day meetings...tomorrow..the kids come!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis View Post
Thanks, Elin. Looks like everything is ok. Nothing wrong with his heart. The doctor told dad not to eat later than 7:30 p.m. He thinks it was heartburn. Nothing like a little panic over nothing, huh? However, I'd rather he reported every ache and pain in his chest and have it be heartburn, rather than not reporting it for fear of looking foolish, and have it be another heart attack!
Glad he is okay Glynis!

Elin-how did it go today?

Soooo I am all ready to start my 5th year of teaching Kindergarten..crazy, right? My room is set and everything is ready to go. I know Ill be nervous in the morning but I cannot wait to meet my new kiddos!
And of course, tomorrow is football day Cowboys and Giants are playing and in case you didnt know, i like my football It should also be fun because my best friend and my "school mom" and their husbands are coming over to meet Joe tomorrow. It should be interesting!
Blueeyes101817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #3032
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"
 
PNO4TE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 31,516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis View Post
Thanks, Elin. Looks like everything is ok. Nothing wrong with his heart. The doctor told dad not to eat later than 7:30 p.m. He thinks it was heartburn. Nothing like a little panic over nothing, huh? However, I'd rather he reported every ache and pain in his chest and have it be heartburn, rather than not reporting it for fear of looking foolish, and have it be another heart attack!
This was what I was hoping to read when I got on here tonight for a quick check!!
__________________
Elin


"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-06-2012, 09:07 AM   #3033
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"
 
PNO4TE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 31,516

Good morning, DDA!

Bob and I got to have lunch with Kathrin and her guy yesterday!! Chris has a shoot in Richmond this week so Kathrin tagged along. We met about halfway between them and us and had a great time. We had not seen her in a year.

Tomorrow we are going to head down to Richmond for the day since Chris will be done with the shoot by tonight and their flight is not until tomorrow evening. The only thing that would make this a better deal is if Kristin could take a day off and join us.
__________________
Elin


"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #3034
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)
 
my3princes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vermont
Posts: 16,372

Elin I'm glad you were able to see her for a little while and get to see her again before she leaves. A year That is such a long time.
__________________

Deb
my3princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #3035
MrsHeg
DIS Veteran
 
MrsHeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Gulf Coast
Posts: 4,056

Glynis - Glad to hear your dad is ok

Elin - Glad you got to see Kathrin, and a year is definitely waay too long

Wound care was today, the wound itself is looking better and has actually gotten a little smaller, unfortunately the surrounding tissue is swollen and red and looks like it's trying to become infected, so it's back to antibiotics. He said I would definitely have to have the skin grafts but we can't do those until all the dead tissue is cleaned from the wound and the surrounding tissue is healed also.
__________________
MrsHeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #3036
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)
 
my3princes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vermont
Posts: 16,372

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsHeg View Post
Glynis - Glad to hear your dad is ok

Elin - Glad you got to see Kathrin, and a year is definitely waay too long

Wound care was today, the wound itself is looking better and has actually gotten a little smaller, unfortunately the surrounding tissue is swollen and red and looks like it's trying to become infected, so it's back to antibiotics. He said I would definitely have to have the skin grafts but we can't do those until all the dead tissue is cleaned from the wound and the surrounding tissue is healed also.
Debbie you just can' catch a break. I truly hope the antibiotics help. It sounds like you still have a lengthy recovery ahead
__________________

Deb
my3princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:59 PM   #3037
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 12,984

Debbie-so sorry to hear you're still having problems with your wound. Should your Dr have sent you to wound care earlier?

Deb-loved your photo book! How beautiful! Loved your dress! Congrats on the job. Can't wait to see photos of Colby's room. Can you send me a link to your other snapfish photos? I'll go subscribe to your TR.

Glynis-so sorry to hear about the loss of your BIL. Congrats to Katie! Glad to hear your Dad is OK.

Tia-sounds like a great trip! We had 6 day hoppers and I was hoping to upgrade to 7 days to get a few last hours in the park our last day for Joe, Lizzy and Gene but they wouldn't let me and they didn't like the idea of Emma & I going in on our APs. I didn't know/remember about Build a Bear having special Disney characters. Good thing though because we really don't need any more stuffed animals in this house!!!!!

Tammi-sounds like you had a great week at the beach!

Elin-Happy Bday to your FIL. He and Bob look great! I'm sure you had a great day with Kathrin yesterday! Did your books come in yet?

Jen-Seriously? 5 years? WOW!!! That time flew by!


We got home very late Tuesday....well very early Wednesday morning. We were supposed to land at 11pm Tuesday but then this happened:
http://bostonherald.com/track/celebr...headlinegoes_2

We were not on they flight where the drunk "celebrity" was taken off but that was "our" plane so it was late arriving in LA and when it got to LA one of the flight attendants "got the flu" (I wonder if they weren't upset about the altercation on board) so we had to wait over an hour for a new flight attendant to arrive. We didn't land in Boston until after 2 and not home until nearly 3:30. Kids had already missed the first day of school so we sent them late yesterday to at least touch base with a few teachers.

I'm sure September will be a very fast whirlwind. We've got dr appointments for all 3 kids, Joe has 2 camping trips with scouts and a week at camp with the middle school and I've gearing up for my crazy time at work.

Other than the flight home we had a great trip. We all loved San Diego. We could have used another couple of days there. We did the zoo, the maritime museum, Coronado, Point Loma lighthouse, the kids got there feet in the pacific, Balboa park and a ton of museums there, Torrey Pines (where a snake scurried over Lizzy's feet ), Seaworld (we've never been in FL) and the zoo's safari park where we saw a baby elephant on the day she was born!

We had a great time in Anaheim too but I would have loved a few more week days in the parks. We arrived late Tuesday, were at DCA for opening Wed but had to leave to return the rental car, on Thursday Joe & I did the Through Walt's Eyes tour (LOVED it!) and then Lizzy & I went to the Red Sox game that night, on Friday we went to the park in the AM but then had to go to the Expo for the race, on Sat we were all up early for the 5K then did the Minnie breakfast. I made the difficult decision NOT to do the half on Sunday. By then we had already walked over 85 miles on the trip and between that and more likely the countless hours of standing in lines prior to Sunday my feet were already killing me. I knew I would never be able to keep up the pace. I didn't think it was worth getting up at 4:00 am and loosing a full park day with my family. We did most of what we had hoped to see. Joe would have loved the canoes but it was really too hot for those. Joe had said he wanted to do the Casey Jr train but we didn't get there. We also didn't do Astro Orbitors, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Snow White or the Carousel. We would have loved to have ridden Radiator Springs more than once but it kept breaking down. I would have enjoy riding the Matterhorn and California Screaming again (did both "just" twice).

I have to say I think many of the rides are better at DL. Carsland was awesome! Just like walking down the street in the movie! I would go back someday (especially if I could go during a slow time) but don't feel the need to rush back too soon.

I just uploaded about 3800 photos but have 3 more cameras to go. I'll weed through those and then upload the best to shutterfly. I brought my Nikon and used it everyday in San Diego. It pretty much stayed in the safe in Anaheim-it gets really heavy.

OH...and the kids were SOOOO excited when we did Soarin and saw the hotel we stayed in at San Diego. Now whenever we ride that ride (in FL) we'll be reminded of the great trip we had to California.
lovesdumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #3038
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"
 
PNO4TE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 31,516

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsHeg View Post
Wound care was today, the wound itself is looking better and has actually gotten a little smaller, unfortunately the surrounding tissue is swollen and red and looks like it's trying to become infected, so it's back to antibiotics. He said I would definitely have to have the skin grafts but we can't do those until all the dead tissue is cleaned from the wound and the surrounding tissue is healed also.
I am so sorry to hear this, Debbie. You have had such a rough time of this.
__________________
Elin


"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #3039
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"
 
PNO4TE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 31,516

Bernadette - Other than your return flight it sounds as if you all had a terrific vacation! I am sorry you weren't able to run, but I think you probably made a wise decision. Welcome home!
__________________
Elin


"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:38 AM   #3040
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)
 
my3princes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vermont
Posts: 16,372

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
Debbie-so sorry to hear you're still having problems with your wound. Should your Dr have sent you to wound care earlier?

Deb-loved your photo book! How beautiful! Loved your dress! Congrats on the job. Can't wait to see photos of Colby's room. Can you send me a link to your other snapfish photos? I'll go subscribe to your TR.

Glynis-so sorry to hear about the loss of your BIL. Congrats to Katie! Glad to hear your Dad is OK.

Tia-sounds like a great trip! We had 6 day hoppers and I was hoping to upgrade to 7 days to get a few last hours in the park our last day for Joe, Lizzy and Gene but they wouldn't let me and they didn't like the idea of Emma & I going in on our APs. I didn't know/remember about Build a Bear having special Disney characters. Good thing though because we really don't need any more stuffed animals in this house!!!!!

Tammi-sounds like you had a great week at the beach!

Elin-Happy Bday to your FIL. He and Bob look great! I'm sure you had a great day with Kathrin yesterday! Did your books come in yet?

Jen-Seriously? 5 years? WOW!!! That time flew by!


We got home very late Tuesday....well very early Wednesday morning. We were supposed to land at 11pm Tuesday but then this happened:
http://bostonherald.com/track/celebr...headlinegoes_2

We were not on they flight where the drunk "celebrity" was taken off but that was "our" plane so it was late arriving in LA and when it got to LA one of the flight attendants "got the flu" (I wonder if they weren't upset about the altercation on board) so we had to wait over an hour for a new flight attendant to arrive. We didn't land in Boston until after 2 and not home until nearly 3:30. Kids had already missed the first day of school so we sent them late yesterday to at least touch base with a few teachers.

I'm sure September will be a very fast whirlwind. We've got dr appointments for all 3 kids, Joe has 2 camping trips with scouts and a week at camp with the middle school and I've gearing up for my crazy time at work.

Other than the flight home we had a great trip. We all loved San Diego. We could have used another couple of days there. We did the zoo, the maritime museum, Coronado, Point Loma lighthouse, the kids got there feet in the pacific, Balboa park and a ton of museums there, Torrey Pines (where a snake scurried over Lizzy's feet ), Seaworld (we've never been in FL) and the zoo's safari park where we saw a baby elephant on the day she was born!

We had a great time in Anaheim too but I would have loved a few more week days in the parks. We arrived late Tuesday, were at DCA for opening Wed but had to leave to return the rental car, on Thursday Joe & I did the Through Walt's Eyes tour (LOVED it!) and then Lizzy & I went to the Red Sox game that night, on Friday we went to the park in the AM but then had to go to the Expo for the race, on Sat we were all up early for the 5K then did the Minnie breakfast. I made the difficult decision NOT to do the half on Sunday. By then we had already walked over 85 miles on the trip and between that and more likely the countless hours of standing in lines prior to Sunday my feet were already killing me. I knew I would never be able to keep up the pace. I didn't think it was worth getting up at 4:00 am and loosing a full park day with my family. We did most of what we had hoped to see. Joe would have loved the canoes but it was really too hot for those. Joe had said he wanted to do the Casey Jr train but we didn't get there. We also didn't do Astro Orbitors, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Snow White or the Carousel. We would have loved to have ridden Radiator Springs more than once but it kept breaking down. I would have enjoy riding the Matterhorn and California Screaming again (did both "just" twice).

I have to say I think many of the rides are better at DL. Carsland was awesome! Just like walking down the street in the movie! I would go back someday (especially if I could go during a slow time) but don't feel the need to rush back too soon.

I just uploaded about 3800 photos but have 3 more cameras to go. I'll weed through those and then upload the best to shutterfly. I brought my Nikon and used it everyday in San Diego. It pretty much stayed in the safe in Anaheim-it gets really heavy.

OH...and the kids were SOOOO excited when we did Soarin and saw the hotel we stayed in at San Diego. Now whenever we ride that ride (in FL) we'll be reminded of the great trip we had to California.
Sounds like a wonderfully though busy trip. It is always nice to do things that you've never done and make those new memories with your family

I'll PM you the snapfish info

Deb
__________________

Deb
my3princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #3041
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!
 
mommykds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Fantasyland
Posts: 11,682

Good morning,

Debbie,
Hope you are doing better today.

Deb,
Can I get that shutterfly link too?

Bernadette,
Sounds like a fun & busy trip. How many days do you think you need at DL/DCA to feel like you got everything done that you wanted? Hope to go someday...but next year is up in the air with the kids schedules.

Elin,
Glad you got to enjoy some time with Kathrin.

Hi to everyone else on the DDA! Hope you have a great weekend.
__________________
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *
mommykds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:46 AM   #3042
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"
 
PNO4TE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 31,516

Good morning, DDA!
__________________
Elin


"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:47 PM   #3043
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)
 
my3princes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vermont
Posts: 16,372

Hi all

Exhausted here. I swear that Colby's room will never be finished. The bedding came yesterday so I was able to get the final paint that I needed. Mom helped me with the first coat yesterday then Chris helped with the second today. Pulled the tape off the ceiling and sure enough the new ceiling paint pulled down with it so I had to repaint about 2" all around the ceiling. We have started to pull the room together, but I still need to paint the doors, wash the windows and scrub the floor plus we found fabric that totally matches the bedding and valance so now I get to whip up curtains and pillows . I hope to get it done tomorrow, but then again I thought it would be done today and that didn't work out so well.

I am excited that we are able to use a few of the DVC prints that we've accumulated over the years, they go so well with the theme
__________________

Deb
my3princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:26 PM   #3044
MrsHeg
DIS Veteran
 
MrsHeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Gulf Coast
Posts: 4,056

Good to see you Bernadette, sounds like a great vacation. And yes, I think I should have been at wound care much sooner than I was.

Sounds like you're almost done Deb, looking forward to pictures.
__________________
MrsHeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #3045
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"
 
PNO4TE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 31,516

Good evening, DDA!
__________________
Elin


"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: