Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #3016
MrsHeg
DIS Veteran

Good Morning,

Richie's outside hauling the tree from the backyard out to the front by the road so the county will haul it off, I'm inside trying to find something I can do to make myself useful.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:20 PM   #3017
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueeyes101817 View Post
Deb--is chris ready to fight football again?!
Absolutely. He's wondering how the Cowboy's look this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsHeg View Post
Good Morning,

Richie's outside hauling the tree from the backyard out to the front by the road so the county will haul it off, I'm inside trying to find something I can do to make myself useful.
I find having a cold drink ready when Chris has to tackle an unpleasant task always goes a long ways.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #3018
my3princes

I'll post pictures once I get it all done. Right now his bedroom is sitting in my living room and kitchen, what a mess. Mom helped me wash the walls this morning and then we got it all taped off for painting. Chris helped me paint the ceiling and I started the wainscotting, but that all has to have a first coat by brush. Hopefully I can put on a second coat with good coverage using a roller. I'm still working out details in my head (like how to get him onto the top bunk after the fencing is put up...whoops). The bedding hasn't even shipped yet so I can't pick up the blue paint until I get it as I'm not sure of the correct shade.

Tomorrow we are working on our winter wood supply. Hopefully we can move 3 cords or so.

Chris fixed the garage door today and we changed the mixing valve on the hot water heater so now we finally have very hot water. It was nice to have a really hot bath. I told eveyone that our water was now Disney hot.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:26 AM   #3019
MrsHeg
DIS Veteran

Good Morning,

Too bad we don't live closer Deb, it was a red maple that fell, probably would have made some good wood to burn.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:54 AM   #3020
my3princes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsHeg View Post
Good Morning,

Too bad we don't live closer Deb, it was a red maple that fell, probably would have made some good wood to burn.
It would have been excellent wood to burn. You could have had little campfires outside your house. We have a little fire pit in our backyard that we have small campfires in on nice nights. Last night 11 of us sat out there talking and making s'mores. Nice break after a day of home improvements. The kids love it too.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:01 AM   #3021
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Good morning, DDA!

It is the last Sunday of summer. <<sigh>> But that also means I can say, "I am going to WDW next month!"

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #3022
my3princes

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Good morning, DDA!

It is the last Sunday of summer. <<sigh>> But that also means I can say, "I am going to WDW next month!"

Woo Hoo for Disney next Month
Old 09-02-2012, 10:30 PM   #3023
Blueeyes101817
Diehard Cowboys fan!
Tag trading will not be as profitable as pin trading
Being watched

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3princes View Post
Absolutely. He's wondering how the Cowboy's look this year?
Im wondering the same thing! We have some good new players..but lots of injuries. I am SO excited for the game Wednesday night though!
Quote:
Good morning, DDA!

I had the same thought of the last sunday of the summer but yay for going to disney next month!

I have one more day off til work begins. We have a full day of meetings on Tuesday and then the kids start Wednesday. I am starting to get nervous but Ill be okay til Tuesday night..then ill be REALLY nervous im sure! But this summer was definitely a good one and am just hoping for a good fall! At least its football season
Blueeyes101817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:00 PM   #3024
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
I have one more day off til work begins. We have a full day of meetings on Tuesday and then the kids start Wednesday. I am starting to get nervous but Ill be okay til Tuesday night..then ill be REALLY nervous im sure! But this summer was definitely a good one and am just hoping for a good fall! At least its football season
I start teaching tomorrow! The biggest issue for me is that a great number of our books are on back order. From Japan! Why, oh why, wouldn't they have them in stock for the start of a new year?!?!?!?

Old 09-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #3025
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good afternoon, DDA!

Old 09-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #3026
Blueeyes101817
Diehard Cowboys fan!
Tag trading will not be as profitable as pin trading
Being watched

Quote:
I start teaching tomorrow! The biggest issue for me is that a great number of our books are on back order. From Japan! Why, oh why, wouldn't they have them in stock for the start of a new year?!?!?!?
Wow!! That is crazy,,good luck tomorrow!
Blueeyes101817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #3027
my3princes

Quote:
Oh no. I always wonder why companies list products for sale that are unavailable. I'm wondering about Colby's bedding as it still hasn't shipped. My house looks like a tornado blew through with all his stuff out of his room. Hopefully it comes soon.

Quote:
Im wondering the same thing! We have some good new players..but lots of injuries. I am SO excited for the game Wednesday night though!

I had the same thought of the last sunday of the summer but yay for going to disney next month!

I'm sure it will be fine. Being nervous just means that you care
Old 09-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #3028
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Good morning, everyone! We had a great trip to my dad's house. I'm a little worried about him, as he mentioned that the night before we got there, he'd been having pressure in his chest. We monitored him while I was down there, and it didn't happen again, but he's got a check up with his doctor this morning, so I'm waiting to see what the doctor says about it.

Anyway, we helped dad "winterize" his house. Alan and Jacob took care of some heavy lifting and outdoor projects, and Katie and I spent the weekend making him some jam and salsa for the winter. It was fun just to spend the time with him.

Yesterday, we went to the county fair with my dad and wandered around. I haven't done that since I moved away from home 20 years ago, so it was fun to see how things have grown! It was a great deal of fun, but I have to admit, it was nice to get home last night, and just flop for a while!

This morning I have a Drama Parent's booster meeting, to find out about things in that venue for the Fall/Winter. Should be interesting!

Happy first day of school to all of you who start today!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #3029
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

I am glad you were able to talk to your Dad about his health, Glynis. I am hoping for a good report from the doctor today. I know you are too.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #3030
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Quote:
I am glad you were able to talk to your Dad about his health, Glynis. I am hoping for a good report from the doctor today. I know you are too.
Thanks, Elin. Looks like everything is ok. Nothing wrong with his heart. The doctor told dad not to eat later than 7:30 p.m. He thinks it was heartburn. Nothing like a little panic over nothing, huh? However, I'd rather he reported every ache and pain in his chest and have it be heartburn, rather than not reporting it for fear of looking foolish, and have it be another heart attack!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: