Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2012, 10:06 PM   #2641
Blueeyes101817
Diehard Cowboys fan!
Tag trading will not be as profitable as pin trading
Being watched

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
As you all know I took Bob to visit his old office yesterday. The upshot of the visit is that they have offered him a job that is custom tailored to his present condition: He will work from home with an occasional visit to the office. He has a new laptop and two 24" monitors on their way to us and our dining room will become his office. He will start out at only 10-20 hours per week, on a trial basis (Social Security sets its limits, you know) and we will go from there. They have worked out the pay scale so as not to tip him over one of those limits. He is in much better mental spirits with this change. I am delighted that they know him so well that they knew it was time.
Elin, I am so excited..i know I wrote on facebook but just had to write here too..Im sure Bob is happy!
Blueeyes101817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #2642
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueeyes101817 View Post
Elin, I am so excited..i know I wrote on facebook but just had to write here too..Im sure Bob is happy!
He is, Jen. Thanks again to everyone who is as excited as we are!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2012, 11:21 AM   #2643
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good afternoon, DDA!

Old 04-19-2012, 07:15 AM   #2644
tmfranlk
Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.

Location: physically in St. Louis, mentally in WDW, but a Boston girl at heart...Go Sox!

Good morning, DDA!!

A bit of a slow day in an otherwise crazy week so I'll definitely take it! Even better it's sunny and beautiful. Hope everyone else can say the same as well today on both accounts - well even better if you can skip the "crazy week" part of the first statement.

Happy Thursday everyone!
Old 04-19-2012, 07:18 AM   #2645
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

Good morning.
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *
mommykds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #2646
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good morning, DDA!

Old 04-19-2012, 09:23 PM   #2647
MrsHeg
DIS Veteran

Hi,

it's been crazy going to PT three times a week but as of yesterday my therapist has released me, unfortunately it's to go back to the doctor because we haven't made any progress at all. I'll find out next week what the verdict is, but all signs are pointing to surgery. The timing couldn't be much worse if I tried, I've opted to wait until after the June trip and just use a wheel chair, that way I'll still be able to walk short distances, I don't want to take any chances of being miserable for the trip we've been planning ever since Aubrey was born.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:38 AM   #2648
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsHeg View Post
Hi,

it's been crazy going to PT three times a week but as of yesterday my therapist has released me, unfortunately it's to go back to the doctor because we haven't made any progress at all. I'll find out next week what the verdict is, but all signs are pointing to surgery. The timing couldn't be much worse if I tried, I've opted to wait until after the June trip and just use a wheel chair, that way I'll still be able to walk short distances, I don't want to take any chances of being miserable for the trip we've been planning ever since Aubrey was born.
Debbie - I am so sorry it has come to surgery.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:33 AM   #2649
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Quote:
Hi,

Oh, Debbie! I'm so sorry! I know you've hoped to avoid surgery. Wish there was something I could do!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:35 AM   #2650
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Hey, everyone. I need to ask you to send all the good thoughts, and prayers for peace and clarity our way! Some things are coming up for us that could change things for our family pretty drastically. I don't want to say too much right now, but I promise, it's nothing negative. We are just trying to make the right decision for us and the kids. I'll let you know more, when I can, but send me some pixie dust, please!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #2651
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis View Post
Hey, everyone. I need to ask you to send all the good thoughts, and prayers for peace and clarity our way! Some things are coming up for us that could change things for our family pretty drastically. I don't want to say too much right now, but I promise, it's nothing negative. We are just trying to make the right decision for us and the kids. I'll let you know more, when I can, but send me some pixie dust, please!
You have them, Glynis.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #2652
MrsHeg
DIS Veteran

Good thoughts headed your way Glynis!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:12 PM   #2653
bethbuchall
Had to make sure she was in Disney World on her 40th

Quote:
Hi,

I am so sorry!

bethbuchall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:13 PM   #2654
bethbuchall
Had to make sure she was in Disney World on her 40th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis View Post
Prayers and for you and your family! I hope that you see the right decision clearly!

bethbuchall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:55 AM   #2655
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good morning, DDA!

I haven no idea why I need to be awake at 3:45 in the morning since I don't have to teach until 10:30!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: