Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #211
bear74
DIS Veteran

well Julia weighs 9lbs 4oz and Sabrina weighs 8lbs 6oz. Apparantly the new recomendation is to give Vitamin D to infants once a day. Not sure how I feel about that. I will do research and see what they are saying first.
bear74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:35 PM   #212
bethbuchall
Had to make sure she was in Disney World on her 40th

Sabrina weighs less than two of mine did at birth. I'm glad it was a good appointment.

bethbuchall is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2011, 06:53 PM   #213
marcij

Cruise Director Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Good morning, DDA!

I am sorry I have not posted anything lately. It is a time management issue. No time to manage!
Bob is improving some. We are hoping that this morning he will be able to get into a wheelchair. That will be his first time actually out of and away from a bed in seven weeks. The other good news is that if all goes well we may be headed back to Fredericksburg to HealthSouth, a rehab hospital. The feeling is that it can possibly be this week and the stay should be about three weeks. Keep your fingers crossed!
Elin -- that sounds like good news. I'm so glad. Fingers crossed and prayers said!

Jennifer -- glad the girls are doing well.

Kicking Cancer's Butt One Day at a Time!
marcij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:25 PM   #214
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

We had power outages throughout the day. It seemed they'd get it fixed and within an hour or two the power was out again. Driving to work tonight I realized why. The trees are heavy with ice. Every tree looks like it is made of crystal. Quite beautiful, but very harmful to the trees. Many cut up and broken trees are lining the roads where crews have cut them up. White birches are literally bent so the tops are touching the ground. I wouldn't doubt that there may be more power outages if the wind picks up at all.

I came home tonight to power and internet access I also have an invitation for a second interview for the receptionist position from last week The interview is for Thursday morning.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:02 PM   #215
babytrees
I hate when you've been salivating over something and then it disappoints!!
Who has a big toe the same size as the rest of their toes??? I know I don't have uniform feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3princes View Post
We had power outages throughout the day. It seemed they'd get it fixed and within an hour or two the power was out again. Driving to work tonight I realized why. The trees are heavy with ice. Every tree looks like it is made of crystal. Quite beautiful, but very harmful to the trees. Many cut up and broken trees are lining the roads where crews have cut them up. White birches are literally bent so the tops are touching the ground. I wouldn't doubt that there may be more power outages if the wind picks up at all.

I came home tonight to power and internet access I also have an invitation for a second interview for the receptionist position from last week The interview is for Thursday morning.
we had wicked winds (and rain) yesterday and today...branches everywhere.

Good luck on the interview!!!

mom to Cassidy and Abi
my favorite princesses
babytrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:59 AM   #216
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3princes View Post
I hope he can move closer to home that should make life a bit easier for you Has he passed the swallow test yet?
They have not done the follow-up swallow evaluation. If he is still at Kindred they are to take a look again on Thursday. If he has moved to HealthSouth they will have their own evaluation setup there. There has been very little change in the past 10 days or so in what I see for him. That is a little discouraging to me, but I have not let him see that. There are lots of ways to stimulate the gag reflex and the swallow reflex and they are working on that now. We do have to face the possibility that Bob will never eat or drink anything by mouth again, but it is one I am hoping will not come true!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:06 AM   #217
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Marci - good to see you posting, my friend. Keep on swimming....

Deb - good luck with your follow-up interview

Good morning, DDA!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:08 AM   #218
Tammi67
1st to out the Tag Fairy as the real celeb
I'd definitely choose the swirl

Janet - Is that a new ticker?! YAY!

Deb - good luck with the second interview.

Hi Marci!
Tammi67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:36 AM   #219
tinknme
I happened to be posting on the thread
I told dh it must have been something in the water over there

Yes it is Tammi I used the pin code I received to book a package at CSR. Garrett wants to go to US/IOA as well for the big coasters, so I am planning just a day there. I will use my gift certificate that I won to buy the tickets.

I do not want a repeat like last year & having to cancel, I am determined to go this time with the boys. I fear this may be the last chance I have to get Riley to go, he is only 14 but has changed so much

Deb good luck with the 2nd interview!

tinknme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:07 AM   #220
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

Elin,
Continued good thoughts for you & Bob.

Deb,
Good luck with the 2nd interview!

Janet,
Yay for a new ticker!
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *
mommykds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:10 AM   #221
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
They have not done the follow-up swallow evaluation. If he is still at Kindred they are to take a look again on Thursday. If he has moved to HealthSouth they will have their own evaluation setup there. There has been very little change in the past 10 days or so in what I see for him. That is a little discouraging to me, but I have not let him see that. There are lots of ways to stimulate the gag reflex and the swallow reflex and they are working on that now. We do have to face the possibility that Bob will never eat or drink anything by mouth again, but it is one I am hoping will not come true!
Bob seems determined and he is certainly a fighter. It may take time, but I believe with all my heart that he will be able to eat and drink again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinknme View Post
Yes it is Tammi I used the pin code I received to book a package at CSR. Garrett wants to go to US/IOA as well for the big coasters, so I am planning just a day there. I will use my gift certificate that I won to buy the tickets.

I do not want a repeat like last year & having to cancel, I am determined to go this time with the boys. I fear this may be the last chance I have to get Riley to go, he is only 14 but has changed so much

Deb good luck with the 2nd interview!
Isn't it amazing how quickly kids change My boys still love our Disney trips too and they were actually talking the other day about how they were still going with Chris and I even when they have families. When I asked what they would do if the wife didn't like Disney they said she'd have to stay home

Marci, I hope that you're feeling well. How much longer on the treatments?

Theresa any new job leads? Have you looked into any medical offices? They seem to be the only jobs popping up around here and there are so many applicants for each one

I think I must be up to 20 letters now saying that I was qualified for the job, but there were more qualified candidates...yada yada yada.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:36 AM   #222
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Elin-continued prayers for Bob and you and the girls. Hope he's able to move closer to home soon.

Janet-yeah for a new ticker. Lizzy doesn't seem too interested in a Disney trip this summer. Wonder how she'd feel about me taking Joe & Emma.

Deb-good luck with your interview

Theresa-Hope you get an iterview for the job that interested you

Jennifer-doesn't vitamin D have side effects-you can OD on vitamin D right? Good luck with your research!

Work is still insane! On a positive note we had our "state of the association" lunch yesterday and we are getting 5% bonus checks in our pay Friday! I think I'll go to Disney!

I'm home today with a very sick Emma. Nasty stomach flu thing. Poor kid! Gene is having plastic surgery today to remove skin cancer from his nose. I haven't heard from him yet-his appointment was at 8:30. They said he couldn't drive himself so he drove to his Mom's house and his sister was going to take him. I imagine he must be done by now but he didn't call to say how it went.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #223
tinknme
I happened to be posting on the thread
I told dh it must have been something in the water over there

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post

Work is still insane! On a positive note we had our "state of the association" lunch yesterday and we are getting 5% bonus checks in our pay Friday! I think I'll go to Disney!

I'm home today with a very sick Emma. Nasty stomach flu thing. Poor kid! Gene is having plastic surgery today to remove skin cancer from his nose. I haven't heard from him yet-his appointment was at 8:30. They said he couldn't drive himself so he drove to his Mom's house and his sister was going to take him. I imagine he must be done by now but he didn't call to say how it went.
Yay for the bonus raise A Disney trip sounds like a good idea! Hope Emma feels better soon & that you hear all is will with Gene

How is your foot?

tinknme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:20 PM   #224
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay for the bonus raise A Disney trip sounds like a good idea! Hope Emma feels better soon & that you hear all is will with Gene

How is your foot?
Thanks! Poor Emma is so miserable. The school said today when I called that it seemed to be lasting 3 days. She was out yesterday and and can't go tomorrow because she still has a fever today. Hope today is about the end of it. I am very reluctant to take her to the doctor because I don't think they can do anything for her and I don't want her near all those other germs.

I ordered new sneakers a while back. The same brand/style but this year's version that I've worn for years but they were too tight because my feet were still swollen. I was going to return them but never got around to it so I wore them last Thursday and Friday. Friday they didn't feel as tight but my feet-especially my right foot (the one I had done first)-were killing me. I have to say I'm feeling VERY discouraged by it. My doctor just kept saying it takes a year. I think there is something else wrong with my right foot. I'm getting worried about my May trip. And not sure I can do the January 2012 1/2 marathon.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #225
yellowfish78
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Crasher.

Mighty fine week to be going!
yellowfish78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: