Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2011, 10:47 AM   #196
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Good morning, DDA!
Elin - How is Bob doing? He's been on my mind a lot, lately. As have you and the girls. Everyone holding up ok?

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:48 AM   #197
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3princes View Post
It sounds amazing. Great Job Katie and congratulations!!
Thanks, Deb!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2011, 06:00 PM   #198
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

I had a very strange interview today. I arrived 10 minutes early and they seemed surprised that I would arrive early Was taken into the conference room and asked a couple of questions about my last job and about my for job at the medical center. One of the interviewers asked a bunch of questions about the billing position that I had which doesn't have any connection to the job description that they are interviewing for and I was ushered out. Less than 15 minutes start to finish. When I commented to the receptionist that was walking me out that it seemed short she explained that all first interviews are scheduled for 15 minutes. They will be sending out emails with second interviews at some point and plan to hire next week. I think it went well in that brief time and I have definitely done everything that the position entails and then some. Time will tell.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:26 PM   #199
bear74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I had a very strange interview today. I arrived 10 minutes early and they seemed surprised that I would arrive early Was taken into the conference room and asked a couple of questions about my last job and about my for job at the medical center. One of the interviewers asked a bunch of questions about the billing position that I had which doesn't have any connection to the job description that they are interviewing for and I was ushered out. Less than 15 minutes start to finish. When I commented to the receptionist that was walking me out that it seemed short she explained that all first interviews are scheduled for 15 minutes. They will be sending out emails with second interviews at some point and plan to hire next week. I think it went well in that brief time and I have definitely done everything that the position entails and then some. Time will tell.
good luck
bear74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:46 PM   #200
babytrees
I hate when you've been salivating over something and then it disappoints!!
Who has a big toe the same size as the rest of their toes??? I know I don't have uniform feet

Quote:
More often than not the interviewers are surprised when I am early. That sounds like a fairly normal interview to me. Maybe it's just me

Good luck!!

mom to Cassidy and Abi
my favorite princesses
babytrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:44 PM   #201
bethbuchall
Had to make sure she was in Disney World on her 40th

Good luck, Deb! I need to find something (though I don't really want to give up the preschool either). I don't even know where to start looking.

bethbuchall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:10 PM   #202
my3princes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethbuchall View Post
Good luck, Deb! I need to find something (though I don't really want to give up the preschool either). I don't even know where to start looking.
I hope you can figure out a place to start looking. It is a tough job market
Old 03-06-2011, 06:26 AM   #203
MrsHeg
DIS Veteran

Good Morning,

Good luck Deb
Old 03-06-2011, 11:30 PM   #204
babytrees
I hate when you've been salivating over something and then it disappoints!!
Who has a big toe the same size as the rest of their toes??? I know I don't have uniform feet

I have 5 straight days off...took that as a sign from God that this was the week to find a new job and yesterday there was a very interesting ad in the paper...close and day time hours. Will be sending the resume tomorrow

mom to Cassidy and Abi
my favorite princesses
babytrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:00 AM   #205
bethbuchall

Good luck, Theresa!

It's another snow day here. We are, unfortunately, out of snow days. That means that they will be going to school on the Friday before Memorial Day now. Today is a necessary snow day, but that doesn't make it any easier.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:22 AM   #206
bear74
DIS Veteran

getting ready to take the twins for their 2 month check up. only 2 weeks late, as this is the first available for the Dr. Can't wait to see what his scale says for their weights. mine says Julia is over 9lbs and Sabrina is over 8lbs.
bear74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:19 AM   #207
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Good morning, DDA!

I am sorry I have not posted anything lately. It is a time management issue. No time to manage!
Bob is improving some. We are hoping that this morning he will be able to get into a wheelchair. That will be his first time actually out of and away from a bed in seven weeks. The other good news is that if all goes well we may be headed back to Fredericksburg to HealthSouth, a rehab hospital. The feeling is that it can possibly be this week and the stay should be about three weeks. Keep your fingers crossed!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:34 AM   #208
tinknme
I happened to be posting on the thread
I told dh it must have been something in the water over there

Quote:
Good morning, DDA!

I am sorry I have not posted anything lately. It is a time management issue. No time to manage!
Bob is improving some. We are hoping that this morning he will be able to get into a wheelchair. That will be his first time actually out of and away from a bed in seven weeks. The other good news is that if all goes well we may be headed back to Fredericksburg to HealthSouth, a rehab hospital. The feeling is that it can possibly be this week and the stay should be about three weeks. Keep your fingers crossed!
Continued good thoughts for Bob!

tinknme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:21 AM   #209
bethbuchall

Elin, my fingers are crossed, and I'm sending good thoughts your way!

Jennifer, I hope that the 2-month check-ups went well.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #210
my3princes

Quote:
Originally Posted by babytrees View Post
I have 5 straight days off...took that as a sign from God that this was the week to find a new job and yesterday there was a very interesting ad in the paper...close and day time hours. Will be sending the resume tomorrow
Good Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethbuchall View Post
Good luck, Theresa!

It's another snow day here. We are, unfortunately, out of snow days. That means that they will be going to school on the Friday before Memorial Day now. Today is a necessary snow day, but that doesn't make it any easier.
Snow day here too. I think we make it up at the end of the school year. With rain, freezing rain and now snow. No power from after midnight until around 11:30 this morning. I'm glad our house retains heat well as it was manageable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear74 View Post
getting ready to take the twins for their 2 month check up. only 2 weeks late, as this is the first available for the Dr. Can't wait to see what his scale says for their weights. mine says Julia is over 9lbs and Sabrina is over 8lbs.
Wow, their still tiny. Nick weighed 8 lbs 2 oz at birth

Quote:
Good morning, DDA!

I hope he can move closer to home that should make life a bit easier for you Has he passed the swallow test yet?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: