Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #1891
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Hello. Never a dull day around here. We spent most of the day at the hospital after reading some very disturbing and dark poems that Nick wrote. He's okay for now, we think that the depression meds he's been on may be working against him so those have been stopped and we are working hard at getting him into therapy. I'm hoping to avoid the 8 - 10 weeks that they are estimating for an evaluation He says that the poems are not how he feels, but just how he writes, but I couldn't imagine most of the stuff I'm thankful that Nick is onboard with seeing someone.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #1892
tmfranlk
Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.

Location: physically in St. Louis, mentally in WDW, but a Boston girl at heart...Go Sox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3princes View Post
Hello. Never a dull day around here. We spent most of the day at the hospital after reading some very disturbing and dark poems that Nick wrote. He's okay for now, we think that the depression meds he's been on may be working against him so those have been stopped and we are working hard at getting him into therapy. I'm hoping to avoid the 8 - 10 weeks that they are estimating for an evaluation He says that the poems are not how he feels, but just how he writes, but I couldn't imagine most of the stuff I'm thankful that Nick is onboard with seeing someone.
Good luck getting the eval soon. I can see how Nick's thoughts on it could be true, but I'd still be concerned and have him talk to someone.

.............Art of Animation, I hope! -- March 14-23, 2014
tmfranlk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #1893
Disney Yooper
Formerly UP Disney

Location: Michigan's Beautiful Upper Peninsula (3 days a week), Lansing (4 days a week), and Saratoga Springs

Quote:
I'm glad that he is being checked out. Keep talking to him. It's possible he doesn't "feel" what he is writing. We had a similar scare with Becky. It was just her way of working through powerful feelings. She was in therapy for more than a year though. We wanted a professional to verify that it was just her working through feelings and not serious depression.

Disney Yooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:26 PM   #1894
bethbuchall
Had to make sure she was in Disney World on her 40th

Deb, I am sorry that you are facing this. I am glad that you are taking it seriously and hope that you get the evaluation quickly.

bethbuchall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:12 PM   #1895
bear74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
yikes, glad he is willing to talk to someone. Good luck
bear74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:27 AM   #1896
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

Deb,

That is a lot to deal with. Sending you good thoughts. Thank goodness he has you for a mom. You are right there for your kids when they need you.
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Doubletree DTD/Boardwalk Inn *
mommykds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:34 AM   #1897
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Good morning, DDA!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:43 AM   #1898
bethbuchall

Good morning, DDA!

Laura is coming home today, and I am so excited! It feels like she has already changed so much being away at school, and I just can't wait to see her and to know that some things haven't changed. The only thing putting a damper on the visit is that I have a feeling that she is going to break up with her boyfriend. She has been with him for almost a year and a half, and I really like him. I know that it isn't any of my business, and I'm doing my best to remember to stay out of it. She hasn't said anything to me, and if I listed the little reasons that I think it's coming, you'd probably think I'm nuts. Let's just say it's mother's intuition. I think that there is another guy up at college, and I think that maybe she just wants to explore some other options. I don't know if any of this is true. It's making me feel a little ill. Please tell me that it's not my business and that I just have to let it play out.

Work is going well, and I love the kids in both classes. We have a 4-day weekend, though, and I must admit that I am happy about that, too.

Welcome back, Elin!

Old 10-07-2011, 08:57 AM   #1899
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Our flight was on time last night and arrived in DC at 11:00. We had the best skycap who took Bob in a wheelchair all the way to the parking garage. That was a huge help since it is a long way off and it took me forever to park the car and get back to the departure area last week. This saved us tons of time and was worth the tip he got from me!

We got onto I-95 before 11:30 and were delighted with our schedule. However, when we got to within 5 miles of our exit everything stopped. Apparently they were working on our exit and had closed the two right hand lanes of traffic, leaving only one lane heading south on 95. We were stuck there for over an hour and thought we would never get home. Finally pulled into the driveway a little past 1:30 this morning.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:58 AM   #1900
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

I know you all want to know about our trip and I will do a quick summary of the problems and the solutions. I need to send a letter to WDW so I have to make certain I have everything documented.

Briefly, our accessible unit, which was guaranteed and blocked off by Member Services was not available for us when we arrived. It had been assigned to someone else. Meanwhile we had been given a villa that had "all our requests (third floor, waterview in The Paddock)." The problem with this was that no requests had been made by me or my friend who booked the room for us. Other than requiring a handicapped villa we made no requests at all! A manager was able to find another villa on the other side of Saratoga for us but it was not ready so we did not get into the room until 4:00.

Well, we didn't get into the room because the lock wouldn't open. Maintenance replaced the entire lock and door knob unit and we were finally able to use the door by 6:30 that night. The rest of the story had to do with housekeeping issues that were awful and the overall condition of the unit we were in. The accessible unit had a regular bathtub in it. There was no bath seat so Bob could not take a shower. He cannot step up and over a tub! The only things accessible about the unit were the kitchen area, a threshold ramp out onto the patio and a lower bed. When we opened the sheers on the patio door we were greeted by a naked baby doll that could not have been missed by the housekeeper if she had just opened the curtains. The sofa bed had another toy in it, as well as candy stuck inside of the bed area. The kitchen was not well-equipped at all. No measure cups of spoons, no serving utensils, no wine opener, etc. That was enough for me to decide to make a trip to the front desk to talk to a manager at some point in the next couple of days.

However, After the sofa bed broke at 11:30 on Sunday night I called the night manager and told her the whole story. She sent maintenance to repair the bed (the neighbors just LOVED the sound of drills and screwguns at midnight). She also sent a CM to retrieve the toys (he wore latex gloves to do so ) and told us she would take care of a move for us the next morning.

She did and management went out of their way to make it a better trip for us. The day manager was in tears by the time she read our file. They were financially generous as well as setting up a reserved viewing area for Illuminations for us one evening. So, they did as well as they could do, but we lost the joy of our first 2 1/2 days of vacation. That we cannot get back. BUT... overall, the trip was good and we all had a great time at the F&W Festival.

The CMs we encountered were amazing. They were kind and generous and understanding and helpful. It was as it should be at Disney. The people are what make it that way. Disney execs should be proud of their training program, because it certainly made for "good show."

Old 10-07-2011, 09:05 AM   #1901
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethbuchall View Post
Good morning, DDA!

Laura is coming home today, and I am so excited! It feels like she has already changed so much being away at school, and I just can't wait to see her and to know that some things haven't changed. The only thing putting a damper on the visit is that I have a feeling that she is going to break up with her boyfriend. She has been with him for almost a year and a half, and I really like him. I know that it isn't any of my business, and I'm doing my best to remember to stay out of it. She hasn't said anything to me, and if I listed the little reasons that I think it's coming, you'd probably think I'm nuts. Let's just say it's mother's intuition. I think that there is another guy up at college, and I think that maybe she just wants to explore some other options. I don't know if any of this is true. It's making me feel a little ill. Please tell me that it's not my business and that I just have to let it play out.

Work is going well, and I love the kids in both classes. We have a 4-day weekend, though, and I must admit that I am happy about that, too.

Welcome back, Elin!
Beth - I know you are disappointed that Laura might be breaking up with her boyfriend. But... it might be the best thing she could do. I broke up with Bob just before I left for college, thinking there was something else I would be missing. Obviously, I was wrong. It lasted all of three months until I came home for Thanksgiving break. And I was miserably lonely for him the whole time. However, there is still a little part of me who wishes I had taken the time to date other guys, just for the experience of that side of college life. Bob and I have discussed this over the years and we both agree that it is something we might have enjoyed exploring. But we also have discussed the fact that we missed out on some things that might have been fun to experience (like dances, trips to other colleges for dates, etc.).

I think we would still have ended up together.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:16 AM   #1902
bethbuchall

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Beth - I know you are disappointed that Laura might be breaking up with her boyfriend. But... it might be the best thing she could do. I broke up with Bob just before I left for college, thinking there was something else I would be missing. Obviously, I was wrong. It lasted all of three months until I came home for Thanksgiving break. And I was miserably lonely for him the whole time. However, there is still a little part of me who wishes I had taken the time to date other guys, just for the experience of that side of college life. Bob and I have discussed this over the years and we both agree that it is something we might have enjoyed exploring. But we also have discussed the fact that we missed out on some things that might have been fun to experience (like dances, trips to other colleges for dates, etc.).

I think we would still have ended up together.
Thank you so much for that story, Elin! If it is meant to be, it will still be. And if they don't get back together, that is what is meant to be, too. I was hoping that you would be one of the ones to chime in, but I was thinking more along the lines of you having older daughters. It's even better that it was your own experience. I don't really have that experience of having dated other guys, so this is new to me. I think maybe I think too much in black and white on the issue sometimes. Maybe she does need some new experiences and will be happier later in life to have been through this. And it never even occurred to me that she might get back together with him if they do break up. Not that I am counting on that, but I just like knowing that this doesn't have to be completely final if they realize that it was a mistake. I am feeling a little better about it. I know that it's her happiness that matters.

Thanks so much!

Old 10-07-2011, 09:19 AM   #1903
bethbuchall

Elin, I am sorry that your trip started out so rough! Losing time on vacation is so hard, especially on a shorter trip. I am glad that you had a great time overall!

Old 10-07-2011, 11:11 AM   #1904
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
Could only make the Pep Squad
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!

Beth, It is so, so hard to stand by and watch your child make what we might conceive would be a mistake. They need to learn to fly and even though you might think you could help, just stand back and bite your lip!!

Of the three years Hal and I dated, we were always on the opposite side of US. He tried one year of college and I still had two years of high school. I dated a few guys and I know he dated too. The reality sat in when he kept getting asked by one girl, "So what about this girl in California?" That was when he joined the Navy, came out to California and saved up to buy our rings. Then my family was transferred to Key West so we waited another year to get married. He did finally ask me to marry him when I was 18 in Nov of 1968 and we married in June of 1969. Three years of an almost constant long distance romance except for about six months when he was in the same US state as I was. We even managed once to fight thru the mail!!

I thought I could convince Guenna that one boyfriend was so wrong for her but that was on deaf ears. We all knew he shoved her around and I made it pretty clear I didn't want him in my house. I think it took Howie and his friends to let him know he was not welcome near Guenna any more without any violence. We all knew she and her hubby Chris were so right (Wright) for each other, it just took them a little longer to see this!!

Just be there with open arms and she will come when she needs you. It may take a while, but be strong.

tinker1bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:21 AM   #1905
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
Could only make the Pep Squad
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!

Elin, I cannot even imagine going thru all of that. I was so creeped out at that picture you posted on facebook!!! Knowing you and knowing the information you have already given the folks at WDW, I feel strongly you will get action.

I am in the process of writing DCL. We went on this one shore excursion and I was so very disappointed. We went to the Empress Hotel in Victoria,BC and had the loveliest tea ever. The ride to the hotel was nice but the ride back to the ship was so very long and I felt (as did a few others) that we got a lot of information on the real estate. More than we all wanted. I would have loved to stay longer at the hotel to tour the grounds and a few shops right close to it. The charge for that excursion should have been half the price. I already voiced my opinion at the Port Adventures desk, but DCL needs to know as well.

tinker1bell is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: