Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2011, 03:14 PM   #1831
bethbuchall
Had to make sure she was in Disney World on her 40th

Quote:
Originally Posted by babytrees View Post
I think it's wishful thinking!! I am hoping for sun the first day of October...Abi (and the rest of the Gopher band) is going to the University of Maryland to practice and play with at least the Terps at half time as part of a Massed Band day. UM is playing another local team (Towson University) so it may be both college bands. As the director said it will be easy to tell the Gophers from their bright red pants. There will be 9 of us cheering her onI am so glad to have Cassidy close by.
I'll send for a sunny October 1st for you! It sounds like a great day. I am glad that you have Cassidy closer, too. I don't know how you did it with her being so far last year.

bethbuchall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:43 PM   #1832
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

Bernadette,
I am so sorry for your loss. Hope everyone is doing ok.
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *
mommykds is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2011, 06:28 AM   #1833
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethbuchall View Post
We were supposed to have rain, rain, rain the last few days, but we've actually had some pretty nice weather. I hope that you see the sun soon!
We actually did see the sun for a while yesterday. Bob and I hurried out to the patio for about 15 minutes!

My heart goes out to you, Beth, as you miss your kids (especially Laura). It is a hard change in life to deal with.

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:28 AM   #1834
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good morning, DDA!

Old 09-27-2011, 06:35 AM   #1835
mommykds

Good morning.
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *
Old 09-27-2011, 07:46 AM   #1836
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Morning. It's been pretty quiet here, lately. It's Red Ribbon week here, so the kids have all kinds of activities at school. Today it's pajama day, so I get to check that the pj's my kids choose to wear are dress code appropriate, and pass the "mom" test... no visible holes, rips, stains, etc.

Beth - I'm so sorry you are missing your kids. I hope that things start looking up for you! I don't know what I'll do when Katie leaves. We fight quite a bit, but I really will miss her!

Elin - I've been wondering what the numbers were at the bottom of your posts, and then it hit me... DUH! Days left until you are at WDW!!! It's coming up so soon!!! Enjoy!!!!

Anne Marie - How is your furbaby doing?

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #1837
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis View Post
Elin - I've been wondering what the numbers were at the bottom of your posts, and then it hit me... DUH! Days left until you are at WDW!!! It's coming up so soon!!! Enjoy!!!!
We will, Glynis, thanks!! On top of that, Bob and I had a goal we had set for this trip and he met it today: He now weighs over 140 pounds. He was 116 when he came home in April.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:43 PM   #1838
mommykds

Quote:
Anne Marie - How is your furbaby doing?
I just got her home. She is bouncing with energy!!! You would never know she was so sick. I got my face licked clean!!! LOL All is good except for the vet bill. ugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
We will, Glynis, thanks!! On top of that, Bob and I had a goal we had set for this trip and he met it today: He now weighs over 140 pounds. He was 116 when he came home in April.
So good to hear that Elin! Hope you have the best time!
Old 09-27-2011, 12:51 PM   #1839
tmfranlk
Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.

Location: physically in St. Louis, mentally in WDW, but a Boston girl at heart...Go Sox!

Quote:

Way to go Bob! And Nurse Elin! You both deserve this trip!
Old 09-27-2011, 12:56 PM   #1840
tmfranlk

Location: physically in St. Louis, mentally in WDW, but a Boston girl at heart...Go Sox!

Anne Marie - I'm so glad she's doing better!!
Old 09-27-2011, 01:02 PM   #1841
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Elin - That is FANTASTIC!!! I bet you both feel good about that! You definitely deserve to go, relax and enjoy being together at your happy place!

Anne Marie - I'm so glad she's ok. It can be really scary when they're so young. Sorry about the vet bill, though.

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:56 PM   #1842
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Thanks, everyone. We are pretty excited about the weight gain. Kathrin called him "lardo" when he texted her the news!

Old 09-27-2011, 06:25 PM   #1843
tmfranlk

Well it's a good news bad news kind of day. Deva's check up was good and we can get her immunizations at the county health office for much cheaper. On the down side, my van's leaking coolant and apparently that's going to cost me about 900. Blech! Luckily it shouldn't hurt anything for our trip though I did remind the tech that he must forgotten the part where I instructed them to find just a small hose leak. I just reminding myself that we're still ahead versus the price of other van's I'd looked at.

On the plus side too, Phil's old manager has offered him a job if he wants/needs it. So if Target doesn't end up being permanent for some reason he's got a back up. Or he's got a part time job if the Target hours fall off. Sone of the old Borders people who are working for this place say it's great, plus his former coworkers there have full time and benefits so there's hope!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:26 PM   #1844
bethbuchall

Quote:
My heart goes out to you, Beth, as you miss your kids (especially Laura). It is a hard change in life to deal with.
Quote:
Beth - I'm so sorry you are missing your kids. I hope that things start looking up for you! I don't know what I'll do when Katie leaves. We fight quite a bit, but I really will miss her!
Thank you both! I love Matthew just as much, but it's different. Plus, it's two away and one at home, and that is a lot more noticeable than two at home and one away. I'll survive and grow and change along with them. It's the way life is supposed to be. It's just really hard right now.

Quote:
Congratulations to you both! That is a great achievement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommykds View Post
I just got her home. She is bouncing with energy!!! You would never know she was so sick. I got my face licked clean!!! LOL All is good except for the vet bill. ugh!

So good to hear that Elin! Hope you have the best time!
I am so happy to hear that she is well and happy! I'm sorry about the vet bill, though.

There is some major drama going on at work right now. Thankfully, I'm not directly involved yet. The third teacher is trying to drag me into it, but I'm hoping that it can be handled without me. It's too much to go into, but my co-teacher and I are on the same page. I only work two days a week, and my co-teacher teaches with this third teacher on the other three. Apparently, though, I am a witch with a capital B. (No, it wasn't said directly as far as I know, but it was most certainly implied in the e-mail that I saw.) I am staying professional above all else.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:30 PM   #1845
bethbuchall

Tia, yeah for the good news! I'm sorry about the van. Why is it always so expensive to get them fixed?! I'm glad that it won't impact your trip and that Phil has some options in the workplace.

To add to my day, I lost my Mickey cell phone charm. I don't know where he fell off. I told my husband that was a sign that we needed to go back, but he's not buying it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: