Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2011, 09:17 AM   #1771
MrsHeg
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Deb and Stephanie!
Old 09-18-2011, 06:06 PM   #1772
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Thanks guys. It's been a busy day. We had a bunch of things we needed to get done around here once we got home from camping. I think we've accomplished most everything that we had hoped to. Lots of school activities this week so we can't plan on accomplishing anything in the evenings.

Happy Birthday Stephanie!!!

Deb
my3princes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2011, 12:18 PM   #1773
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

Hi,

Took our new doggy to the vet today. I have been a nervous wreck because I haven't had a dog in 30 years. She's really sweet & sleeps through the night & is pretty much housetrained. It's just me getting used to taking care of her.
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *
mommykds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:44 PM   #1774
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Good afternoon, DDA!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:44 PM   #1775
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Anne Marie - It sounds like you have a wonderful new pup!!

Old 09-19-2011, 02:09 PM   #1776
bethbuchall
Had to make sure she was in Disney World on her 40th

Hello, DDA!

We had preschool orientation today. It was supposed to be last week, but the Susquehanna had other plans for our region. I always get so nervous to speak to that room full of parents for the first time. These are people that don't know you and yet are deciding to trust you with their child, and it's usually their first school experience as well. I think I managed to hide my nervousness well enough, and they are a terrific group of parents and children. I am excited to have our first day in the classroom tomorrow!

bethbuchall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #1777
Disney Yooper
Formerly UP Disney

Location: Michigan's Beautiful Upper Peninsula (3 days a week), Lansing (4 days a week), and Saratoga Springs

Good Evening DDA! Hope all is well with everyone.

Yesterday, we got news that one of our staff had passed away. She was a wonderul, caring woman and everyone loved working with her. She showered her family with love and spoke of them all often. She was in her late 40's to early 50's. Her mom found her dead in a jacuzzi after the two spent the day fishing. They are doing an autopsy this week to find out what happened. It is so sad. Remember to let all your loved ones know how much you love them.

Disney Yooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:09 PM   #1778
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Not a good day/night here. Hunter got hit in the face with a football at recess today. He is okay, but the nurse felt the need to call me after he returned to her office with a headache. I called neurology just to be safe and of course they never called me back. I felt better after I got home and checked him out myself. Then Nick walked off campus after school today and bought 3 energy drinks and a 5 hour energy. If my mother hadn't found him to give him a ride home he probably would have consumed all 4 He did tell me about it as soon as I got home, but would he have had he not been caught? Plus the story he told me lacked details that came out when Chris got home. Now I'm having trust issues and wondering if a drivers license is a good idea. Punish or not? Ugh having a teenager is hard. Where is the owners manual?

Deb
my3princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:11 PM   #1779
Disney Yooper
Formerly UP Disney

Location: Michigan's Beautiful Upper Peninsula (3 days a week), Lansing (4 days a week), and Saratoga Springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3princes View Post
Not a good day/night here. Hunter got hit in the face with a football at recess today. He is okay, but the nurse felt the need to call me after he returned to her office with a headache. I called neurology just to be safe and of course they never called me back. I felt better after I got home and checked him out myself. Then Nick walked off campus after school today and bought 3 energy drinks and a 5 hour energy. If my mother hadn't found him to give him a ride home he probably would have consumed all 4 He did tell me about it as soon as I got home, but would he have had he not been caught? Plus the story he told me lacked details that came out when Chris got home. Now I'm having trust issues and wondering if a drivers license is a good idea. Punish or not? Ugh having a teenager is hard. Where is the owners manual?
Owners manuals would have been great. You need to remember that you have good kids that may make some bad choices. When they do these dumb things, you need to step back and take a breath before making any decisions. You'll make it through because you raised him right.

Disney Yooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:18 PM   #1780
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Quote:
Did Nick give you any reason why he bought that many? Yikes!!! Just thinking about that makes me queasy!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane ~ The Light Between Oceans
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:41 PM   #1781
Blueeyes101817
Diehard Cowboys fan!
Tag trading will not be as profitable as pin trading
Being watched

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethbuchall View Post
Hello, DDA!

We had preschool orientation today. It was supposed to be last week, but the Susquehanna had other plans for our region. I always get so nervous to speak to that room full of parents for the first time. These are people that don't know you and yet are deciding to trust you with their child, and it's usually their first school experience as well. I think I managed to hide my nervousness well enough, and they are a terrific group of parents and children. I am excited to have our first day in the classroom tomorrow!
glad all went well today! I get so nervous on Back to School night every year--but it always goes fine, so im glad yours did as well. Good luck with the kids tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Yooper View Post
Good Evening DDA! Hope all is well with everyone.

Yesterday, we got news that one of our staff had passed away. She was a wonderul, caring woman and everyone loved working with her. She showered her family with love and spoke of them all often. She was in her late 40's to early 50's. Her mom found her dead in a jacuzzi after the two spent the day fishing. They are doing an autopsy this week to find out what happened. It is so sad. Remember to let all your loved ones know how much you love them.
So sad...

Quote:
Glad Hunter is okay!
Blueeyes101817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:55 PM   #1782
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
Could only make the Pep Squad
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!

We are sitting here waiting for our shuttle to take us to the Wonder. The hotel we stayed at here in Vancouver is just beautiful and well worth the price. Can't wait!!!

tinker1bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:34 PM   #1783
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker1bell View Post
We are sitting here waiting for our shuttle to take us to the Wonder. The hotel we stayed at here in Vancouver is just beautiful and well worth the price. Can't wait!!!

Old 09-20-2011, 02:38 PM   #1784
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good afternoon, DDA!

Old 09-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #1785
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Vicki-so sorry for your loss. So sad.

Belated Birthday Wishes for Stephanie and Deb.

Terry & Stephanie-you must be on the Wonder by now. How exciting!

Deb-sorry to hear about Hunter-glad it wasn't too bad. Glad your Mom was in the right place at the right time. Hope you've straightened things out with Nick. I've been having struggles with Lizzy so if you find that owner's manual be sure to send me a copy.

Beth-hope your first day of classes went well.

Anne Marie-what kind of puppy? Any photos?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: