Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2011, 05:59 PM   #1636
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

Tammi,
Great pictures!!! I really like your room ate AK..very pretty!
Too bad we missed you on that rainy day. We were right over at BTM fast pass area hiding out with a bunch of other people & CM's. It did pour like crazy!!!!! Looking forward to more.

Bernadette,
I entered in my code for photopass but I have not gone through them yet so maybe I will do a share...Gotta go check them out. Glad your root canal is done.
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *
mommykds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:17 PM   #1637
Disney Yooper
Formerly UP Disney

Location: Michigan's Beautiful Upper Peninsula (3 days a week), Lansing (4 days a week), and Saratoga Springs

Tammi, I'm loving the trip report. Chuck was looking at them with me. His only comment "The kids are getting big, aren't they?" They grow so fast.

Disney Yooper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2011, 07:58 PM   #1638
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Deb-sounds like you all got a lot done. I bet having the help of neighbors has really lifted the spirits of those you've helped.

Tammi/Anne Marie-funny how we were all pretty close to each other that day. Sorry we didn't get together. I don't understand how times moves so fast at Disney.

Anne Marie-I'll hold off claiming my photopass photos just yet.

Joe, Emma & I are watching Star Wars. We've never seen it. Don't know what rock I was under when it first came out.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:54 AM   #1639
Tammi67
1st to out the Tag Fairy as the real celeb
I'd definitely choose the swirl

Good morning.

Deb - isn't it amazing how communities pull together in times like this?? Kudos to you all.
Tammi67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:10 AM   #1640
Tammi67
1st to out the Tag Fairy as the real celeb
I'd definitely choose the swirl

Day 2 Epcot

Sunrise

We were up and at the park for rope drop. I've learned that people are creatures of habit and just do what everyone else is doing. Each time we've gotten to a park there are about 6 or 8 turnstiles, right in the middle that have lines of people at them. When people walk up, they just line up behind the few that are already there. The rest of the turnstiles are empty. So we were the first ones in line at the "other" turnstile, and when they opened we were ahead of the pack to the rope area.

Our first stop was the Charaction Connection, where I was strong armed by a dad so his family could be first in the door. Fine. We were first last time and already had that experience. It still annoyed me that he even did that.

Dancing with Donald

Next stop was Soarin for FPs

This must have been a boring day. I don't have many pictures. We rode all the attractions in Future World and then left for the pool.

After a swim and a rest we headed back to Epcot for our ADR at Rose & Crown. We saw this perfectionist on the way.

When we checked in I asked if we could wait for an outside table. The CM said she would see what she could do, and after about a half hour we were seated at the most perfect table for viewing Illuminations. I had Bangers & Mash, which was new for me. Really didn't care for it. The kids had fish and chips. We had a leisurely meal and dessert started just as Illluminations did. A perfect ending to the day.

Tammi67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:36 AM   #1641
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
Tammi/Anne Marie-funny how we were all pretty close to each other that day. Sorry we didn't get together. I don't understand how times moves so fast at Disney.
And isn't it funny that you will often see the same people over and over again when you are there? You don't know them, but you keep running into them! Yet, when you have friends a few rides away you never see them.

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:38 AM   #1642
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Tammi - I am loving your pictures. You are a good photographer and it shows even better with your new camera!

Deb - Kudos to you and your community for pitching in and helping one another. Who would have thought that land-locked Vermont would be so devastated by a hurricane.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:40 AM   #1643
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good morning, DDA!

Today is supposed to be the last nice day for a week. The remnants of Lee, the storms in the mid-west and a little disturbance that passed by us yesterday are going to converge and sit over top of us for the next 5 days or so. What a dreary way to start the school year. And I feel so badly for those in our area who still have no power!

Old 09-04-2011, 07:42 AM   #1644
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammi67 View Post
Good morning.

Deb - isn't it amazing how communities pull together in times like this?? Kudos to you all.
I did NOT see this post before I wrote mine!

Old 09-04-2011, 08:45 AM   #1645
Blueeyes101817
Diehard Cowboys fan!
Tag trading will not be as profitable as pin trading
Being watched

Tammi-sounds like another good day! I love the way you ended it with dessert and Illuminations!

Good morning everyone! Im working on cleaning the house today and organizing some things for work. Tonight, I have 11 people coming over for our big fantasy football draft. It should be fun!
Blueeyes101817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:19 AM   #1646
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Tammi - I am loving your pictures. You are a good photographer and it shows even better with your new camera!

Deb - Kudos to you and your community for pitching in and helping one another. Who would have thought that land-locked Vermont would be so devastated by a hurricane.
We certainly never expected it. Now we are very concerned about the reminants of Lee. They are predicting 2-6" of rain, heavy at times and our already saturated ground won't be able to handle it. I'm sure they will evacuate many areas in preparation.

Deb
my3princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:10 AM   #1647
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Tammi-loving your photos! Some people set nice examples for their kids. Some woman pushed her way into the TSM queue one morning-when the line extended way beyond where she was trying to step in. DH apologized to her but I somewhat loudly said "you don't have to apologized to someone who pushes their way into the line". I turned around a few minutes later and she was gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
And isn't it funny that you will often see the same people over and over again when you are there? You don't know them, but you keep running into them! Yet, when you have friends a few rides away you never see them.
YES! We saw a Mom & young son at AK at Dinosaur and she was asking how scary it was. Then the next day we saw her again at DHS in the Toy Story Mania queue madness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueeyes101817 View Post
Good morning everyone! Im working on cleaning the house today and organizing some things for work. Tonight, I have 11 people coming over for our big fantasy football draft. It should be fun!
Sounds fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3princes View Post
We certainly never expected it. Now we are very concerned about the reminants of Lee. They are predicting 2-6" of rain, heavy at times and our already saturated ground won't be able to handle it. I'm sure they will evacuate many areas in preparation.
Hope you get too much!

Working on uploading my photos to Kodak. I didn't take a ton. It's not like we haven't been there and I would put my camera in my bag when it rained. Gene & Joe are at church-the video guy is showing Joe how to use the mixer on the computer for the 3 cameras and to prepare the video for the cable station. Emma & Lizzy are at different friends' houses. Emma is with a nice boy in the neighborhood who will be in her class. So with all of them out of the house I can get on my desktop to upload the photos.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:47 AM   #1648
bear74
DIS Veteran

Tammi,
love the pics and the trip report.
bear74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:48 AM   #1649
bear74
DIS Veteran

well its labor day and I am glued to the TV but not watching movies. Watching the local news channel and praying that the winds dont get as strong as the weather man is predicting. So that the fires can be contained.
bear74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:22 PM   #1650
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Thinking of you, Jennifer.

Rate This Thread