Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2011, 06:12 PM   #151
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Beth I know what you mean about the nice weather making you want to get things cleaned up. Between the weather and having time at home I'm making the most of it. Today Nick and I cleaned his room top to bottom. It looks and smells great. I did mine a few months ago when I painted so that means that 3 out of 4 bedrooms are completely done Still plenty to do, but I'm making some progress.

Deb
my3princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:14 AM   #152
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Good morning, DDA!

Not a lot to report. Bob is making some progress, and hopefully next week will bring even more. He has a smaller trach and a speaking valve now so we can talk again. He has been up off the bed for a few seconds the past few days and they are putting a chair in his room so that maybe he can sit in it for about 30 minutes at a time. The change of position will help him a lot, I am sure. He is down to 140 pounds and doesn't have much padding so he gets uncomfortable very quickly. All the turning and wedge pillows and raising and lowering the bed are just not enough.

Today is his 61st birthday and Kristin and I are going down this afternoon to spend it with him. Normally I would be judging Festival Practice Recitals all day long but my co-workers got together and reworked the day's schedule to eliminate me! I have my new 10:30 class to teach and that is it. I can't go tomorrow, but today should be really good. He told me yesterday that he wanted a big piece of birthday cake. He was furious when the speech therapist and I told him he knew better than that!

I would love to have the time and energy that Beth and Deb have for cleaning. My house is in need of a thorough cleaning but it just isn't going to happen anytime soon!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2011, 07:19 AM   #153
Tammi67
1st to out the Tag Fairy as the real celeb
I'd definitely choose the swirl

Tell Bob I wish him a Happy Birthday!!!!
Tammi67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:02 AM   #154
MrsHeg
DIS Veteran

Good Morning,

I definitely need to get the cleaning bug here, but I'll just have to settle for the straightening bug, lol.

Elin, Tell Bob I wish him a Happy Birthday, it's wonderful to hear he's making new progress, hopefully he'll be able to regain some of his weight soon.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:23 AM   #155
tinknme
I happened to be posting on the thread
I told dh it must have been something in the water over there

Elin tell Bob Happy Birthday! So glad to hear he is making progress

tinknme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:39 AM   #156
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
Could only make the Pep Squad
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!

Hi Elin,,,,continued hugs to you and Bob.

Oh yeah, now Bob is older that me!!!

Happy Birthday Bob!!!

tinker1bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:44 AM   #157
bethbuchall
Had to make sure she was in Disney World on her 40th

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Good morning, DDA!

Not a lot to report. Bob is making some progress, and hopefully next week will bring even more. He has a smaller trach and a speaking valve now so we can talk again. He has been up off the bed for a few seconds the past few days and they are putting a chair in his room so that maybe he can sit in it for about 30 minutes at a time. The change of position will help him a lot, I am sure. He is down to 140 pounds and doesn't have much padding so he gets uncomfortable very quickly. All the turning and wedge pillows and raising and lowering the bed are just not enough.

Today is his 61st birthday and Kristin and I are going down this afternoon to spend it with him. Normally I would be judging Festival Practice Recitals all day long but my co-workers got together and reworked the day's schedule to eliminate me! I have my new 10:30 class to teach and that is it. I can't go tomorrow, but today should be really good. He told me yesterday that he wanted a big piece of birthday cake. He was furious when the speech therapist and I told him he knew better than that!

I would love to have the time and energy that Beth and Deb have for cleaning. My house is in need of a thorough cleaning but it just isn't going to happen anytime soon!
Tell him that I say Happy Birthday! I hope that soon he can have that big piece of birthday cake!

I wish that my energy had been longer lived...

bethbuchall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:41 PM   #158
bear74
DIS Veteran

so I have to go back to work on Tues. sad and excited at the same time.
bear74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:54 PM   #159
bear74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good morning, DDA!

awe what good co workers you have. Tell Bob Happy Birthday for me. Glad he is getting better.

I hope the chair helps
Old 02-19-2011, 01:23 PM   #160
my3princes

Quote:
Good morning, DDA!

Wish him a Happy Birthday for us. He can't have birthday cake, but maybe a nice Ham dinner for Easter? Something to look forward to. Your coworkers we so nice to do that for you

I remember how crazy busy we were when Hunter was sick. Mom and I ended up power cleaning my house just before his surgery so that there wouldn't be any germs when he came home. I think that was the last time I thoroughly cleaned the whole house. Life gets in the way most of the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear74 View Post
so I have to go back to work on Tues. sad and excited at the same time.
I can't believe how fast time has flown. Who's taking care of the girls while you work?

Deb
Old 02-19-2011, 01:50 PM   #161
bear74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3princes View Post
Wish him a Happy Birthday for us. He can't have birthday cake, but maybe a nice Ham dinner for Easter? Something to look forward to. Your coworkers we so nice to do that for you

I remember how crazy busy we were when Hunter was sick. Mom and I ended up power cleaning my house just before his surgery so that there wouldn't be any germs when he came home. I think that was the last time I thoroughly cleaned the whole house. Life gets in the way most of the time

I can't believe how fast time has flown. Who's taking care of the girls while you work?
Jeff will have them the majority of the time. With my mom having them for a couple of hrs here and their. I will be working one 12 hr shift two 8 hr shifts and one 4 hr shift a week for 32hrs which is full time. Jeff will work around my schedule.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:20 PM   #162
my3princes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear74 View Post
Jeff will have them the majority of the time. With my mom having them for a couple of hrs here and their. I will be working one 12 hr shift two 8 hr shifts and one 4 hr shift a week for 32hrs which is full time. Jeff will work around my schedule.
It's great that you can do that. Chris and I have always tried our best to do the same with my parent's pitching in as needed.

Deb
Old 02-20-2011, 06:42 AM   #163
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker1bell View Post
Oh yeah, now Bob is older that me!!!
Somehow I knew that would make you feel better, Terry!

Old 02-21-2011, 08:39 AM   #164
bethbuchall
Had to make sure she was in Disney World on her 40th

Good morning, DDA! More snow here today...I know, it's only February. It is a good thing that today was a scheduled day off for the schools, though, because I am pretty sure that we are out of snow days.

I hope that the bathroom guy shows up this morning. Since he was sick three days last week, he worked Saturday. He told us that he was coming back for 4 hours yesterday and then never showed. It is so close to being done. I was hoping to be able to do things with the kids today and tomorrow, but now he may be here both days. It's not a huge deal, but it's a little frustrating.

I hope that everyone has a good day!

bethbuchall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:43 AM   #165
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good morning, DDA!

It is to be in the upper 60s to low 70s today. And then we are to get snow tomorrow.

On a better note... Bob is trach-free! The trach tube kept popping out and he seemed to be doing well without it, so the doctor removed the whole thing this morning. He is now breathing regular room air and keeping his stats where they need to be. On to the swallow test on Thursday!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: