Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2011, 08:53 PM   #1531
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommykds View Post
Hi! We just got home last night from Disney. Seemed like it went by way too fast.

I can't wait to hear about your trip. I need to live vicariously through you.

Deb
my3princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:00 PM   #1532
Blueeyes101817
Diehard Cowboys fan!
Tag trading will not be as profitable as pin trading
Being watched

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommykds View Post
Hi! We just got home last night from Disney. Seemed like it went by way too fast.
welcome home!! can't wait to hear about it
Blueeyes101817 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2011, 10:20 PM   #1533
Blueeyes101817
Diehard Cowboys fan!
Being watched

Deb-ask Chris if he is ready for some football trash talking?!

I had an exciting day on Saturday! My dad and I had tickets to go to an event in North Jersey where you got to meet 3 former Cowboys players. It was booked through a company that I use a few times a year to meet some current players...So we drove like 45 minutes to get there, saw some of our friends that we have met in the past years, and waited for the players. The players came in and they were awesome! Got pictures and autographs..then there was a raffle. They had 2 prizes, the first was memorabilia. My dad wouldnt let me see our numbers (he was just tormenting me). As they are announcing the grand prize, they were one number away and my dad said we were still in it..then he looked at me and was like thats us! So i jump up and down like a crazy person. We won 2 tickets to the opening day Cowboys/Jets game in NJ--and 2 tailgating tickets! I am SO excited! So I am making a weekend of it--Im going to stay at the team hotel the night before the game and do the autograph show with 2 of the players. Then the next day my dad will meet up with me and we'll do the tailgating and game! And the best part, its like 3 weeks away!
Old 08-22-2011, 10:36 PM   #1534
bear74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueeyes101817 View Post

I had an exciting day on Saturday! My dad and I had tickets to go to an event in North Jersey where you got to meet 3 former Cowboys players. It was booked through a company that I use a few times a year to meet some current players...So we drove like 45 minutes to get there, saw some of our friends that we have met in the past years, and waited for the players. The players came in and they were awesome! Got pictures and autographs..then there was a raffle. They had 2 prizes, the first was memorabilia. My dad wouldnt let me see our numbers (he was just tormenting me). As they are announcing the grand prize, they were one number away and my dad said we were still in it..then he looked at me and was like thats us! So i jump up and down like a crazy person. We won 2 tickets to the opening day Cowboys/Jets game in NJ--and 2 tailgating tickets! I am SO excited! So I am making a weekend of it--Im going to stay at the team hotel the night before the game and do the autograph show with 2 of the players. Then the next day my dad will meet up with me and we'll do the tailgating and game! And the best part, its like 3 weeks away!
bear74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:58 PM   #1535
tmfranlk
Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.

Location: physically in St. Louis, mentally in WDW, but a Boston girl at heart...Go Sox!

Jen - That's so cool! So fun!

Anne Marie - Welcome home!

Deb - How are you feeling this week?

tmfranlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:08 AM   #1536
my3princes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueeyes101817 View Post

Chris is definitely ready for football trash talk. He was so excited over the Tampa vs New England game last week. He was shocked at how few people were in the stands.

Congrats on the tickets. It sounds like a great time

Tia. I'm finally feeling better. I think it took about a week and a half to fully leave my system. Not fun at all.

Another busy day at work today. We still have one girl out on maternity leave and the work load hasn't decreased any so it is busy busy. She had only planned to take off 4 weeks which would have had her coming back today, but she has had migranes everyday since the birth so now she's not sure when she'll be able to come back.

Not sure if I mentioned it yesterday, but my Grade increase was approved and takes effect next week. That extra money will certainly come in handy and now I can start looking for a permanent placement. Just over 8 months now until this position ends and I don't want to wait until the last minute only to be left out in the cold. I also applied for an NCL credit card to earn points toward upgrades and excursions. They sent me a copy of my credit score and I am shocked at how high it is Apparently they love people that have debt, but pay their bills on time

Deb
Old 08-23-2011, 10:11 AM   #1537
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

Deb,
Yay for grade increase!
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *
mommykds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:44 AM   #1538
mommykds

Thanks everyone. We had a great time. Port Orleans Riverside was great as well. We had THE BEST mousekeeping ever. I have always tipped every day in all resorts but this lady (I met her near the end of our stay) was awesome. She made us towel animals, gave us lots of extra supplies, & just did things in the room to keep it clean & magical. Loved it!!! We did use the pool a few times but after some kid threw up on Daniel (& the parents just stood there & watched) my kids had enough of the pool.

We did kick some serious butt at the pool trivia. Dana said he felt bad for the others playing because they did not know who they were up against! The kids won a prize for winning 2 rounds in a row.

We got to see Bob Jackson's show at the River Roost, he was fantastic. I do not know where he gets his energy.

The parks were busy but not as crazy as I have seen it.

The magic of the Disney CM's is still alive & well. One day we had a photopass photographer pull Dana & I out of the crowd waiting for the 3:00 parade to have Dana get on his knee & "propose" Then the photographer yelled "she said yes!" & the whole crowd clapped & cheered.

Some CM's were not so lovely. Unfortunately we saw a lot more disgruntled CM's than we have ever seen in the past. One CM at Test Track was so rude that a guest was on his cell calling right there & then to complain.

We had the free QSDP which was great when we saw how much a meal would cost & then it was wiped out to "$0". Lunch was great as we eat early but dinner was a lot busier. Leaving a park & eating CS at a resort was much more pleasant. We ate at GF, CR, POFQ, & POR & all were good.

Real life has gotten in the way of our Disney-high...Dr appts, my moms sick, danas mom was in hospital, school is thursday etc ....I so did not want to come home.
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *
Old 08-23-2011, 06:40 PM   #1539
mommykds

I forgot to add, we went on the new Star Tours...it was so much fun. Each ride is different. Also got to see the new (old) Tiki Birds show which we all loved more than the "under new management" one.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:27 PM   #1540
bethbuchall
Had to make sure she was in Disney World on her 40th

Anne Marie, it sounds like you had a great trip! I can't even tell you how much I enjoy reading about WDW trips and seeing the photos. I want to go back so badly, but at least I can live vicariously through the DDA. I am sorry that real-life hasn't been so great, and I hope everyone is better soon.

Deb, for a pay increase!

Sorry I haven't been posting much. I've been busy and in a bit of a funk. I am really not ready for summer to be ending and the older kids leaving.

bethbuchall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:53 PM   #1541
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Hello, DDA!

We are back and the trip went so well. Bob was a super hero in all he did!! I have no fear about traveling with him any more!!

Of course, we came home following the earthquake. No major damage at our house: a few things fell off shelves and the fireplace; pictures askew and lampshades all cockeyed. The dog was fine and the house is fine, so it was a good homecoming!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #1542
mommykds

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Hello, DDA!

We are back and the trip went so well. Bob was a super hero in all he did!! I have no fear about traveling with him any more!!

Of course, we came home following the earthquake. No major damage at our house: a few things fell off shelves and the fireplace; pictures askew and lampshades all cockeyed. The dog was fine and the house is fine, so it was a good homecoming!

Glad to hear it Elin!
Old 08-24-2011, 08:45 PM   #1543
my3princes

Elin that's great. I'm sure it was a huge accomplishment for Bob

We are closely watching the weather forcast. It looks like Irene may come through our backyard. None of the models have it missing us. We are praying that the cold Atlantic waters break it down and there is someland mass before it gets to us. I don't think there's been a hurricane in our area since the 40s. Certainly not in my lifetime.

Deb
Old 08-24-2011, 11:30 PM   #1544
tmfranlk
Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.

Location: physically in St. Louis, mentally in WDW, but a Boston girl at heart...Go Sox!

Elin -I'm so glad you had a good trip!! Yay Bob!! Thankful too that you didn't have Nt real quake damage. Hope the same goes for Tammi.

Deb - Hope the storm leaves you all alone! (Everyone else in the path as well.)

tmfranlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:51 AM   #1545
Blueeyes101817
Diehard Cowboys fan!
Being watched

Anne Marie-The pictures from your trip are great! I love hearing about all the trips!

Elin-Glad Bob did well on the trip! The earthquake was crazy, im happy there is no major damage.

Deb-People around here are all talking about the earthquake and hurricane! Stay safe

Good morning! Im headed to work to help the new teacher out a bit and then goign to my best friends house to see the baby..tonight, 7 of us teachers are going out to the melting pot--we planned this months ago as our big night out before school starts!

Have a great day

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: