Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2011, 10:48 PM   #1516
tmfranlk
Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.

Location: physically in St. Louis, mentally in WDW, but a Boston girl at heart...Go Sox!

Anne Marie - Didn't you just go to Williamsburg? My Mom and Dad are going to be out that way in Nov for my Aunt's 80th birthday and wanted to visit Williamsburg as well. Do you know what things are and aren't included in the basic admission? thanks!

.............Art of Animation, I hope! -- March 14-23, 2014
tmfranlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:13 AM   #1517
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Good morning, DDA!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2011, 08:14 AM   #1518
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Tia - Williamsburg has a terrific site that will let you know exactly what is included in whichever pass your family decides to purchase.

http://www.history.org/

Old 08-20-2011, 08:16 AM   #1519
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Today we begin our big travel experiment! We are leaving late this afternoon to drive to DC and have a Park 'n' Fly there. Our flight is at 6:15 tomorrow morning and I know it is going to take all I have to get both Bob and Kristin up and at 'em even from a hotel next to the airport!

Old 08-20-2011, 09:05 AM   #1520
bethbuchall
Had to make sure she was in Disney World on her 40th

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Today we begin our big travel experiment! We are leaving late this afternoon to drive to DC and have a Park 'n' Fly there. Our flight is at 6:15 tomorrow morning and I know it is going to take all I have to get both Bob and Kristin up and at 'em even from a hotel next to the airport!
Have a wonderful trip! I hope that it all goes smoothly!

bethbuchall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:56 AM   #1521
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Beth - I forgot to comment on Laura's huge achievement. Good for her!!!

Old 08-20-2011, 07:34 PM   #1522
Blueeyes101817
Diehard Cowboys fan!
Tag trading will not be as profitable as pin trading
Being watched

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3princes View Post
How is your brother adjusting? How are your parents adjusting to an empty house? Any news on the boyfriend front
Joe is loving it! He misses everyone back home, but seems really happy. It really is the perfect place for him! Im looking forward to hopefully visiting him soon. I keep checking the airfare because Spirit tends to have those $9.00 flights. Since I am off the next couple weeks, I can be really flexible in my travel times. My parents are doing good--I still see them 2-3 times a week--either dinner or just stopping by to say hi. I know its tough on them so Im trying to be around a bit.
No major news on the boyfriend front--let's just say I'm working on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethbuchall View Post
Laura got her driver's license today!
SO glad she got it! How horrible to have an examiner like that though-Way to go to her for sticking with it, even with him the 2nd time! I think that would have thrown me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Have a great time! Good luck waking them both up tomorrow!
Blueeyes101817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:38 AM   #1523
bear74
DIS Veteran

Elin have a great trip
bear74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:43 AM   #1524
tmfranlk
Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.

Location: physically in St. Louis, mentally in WDW, but a Boston girl at heart...Go Sox!

Elin - Hope your travels go smoothly today!

.............Art of Animation, I hope! -- March 14-23, 2014
tmfranlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:57 PM   #1525
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethbuchall View Post
Laura got her driver's license today! She is so happy. She got her permit on her 16th birthday almost two years ago. For the first year, she drove a little but wasn't really interested. Then she started driving a lot more last summer, but by the time school started, she didn't have much time. This summer she has been driving everywhere, including a couple of ours on the Thruway and in torrential downpours. We have also spent countless nights out parallel parking. She had way more than the required hours (50 hours total with at least 15 after dark), and we knew that she was ready to test at the beginning of July. Unfortunately, the only time available before she had to leave for college was 8/15. Her test was Monday, and although a little nervous, she wasn't too worried. And then she had the examiner from H-E--double hockey sticks. Spectacular fail! She lost 55 points (max to lose is 30). She was absolutely sobbing by the end of the test, and one of the worst feelings was watching her cry and not being able to go comfort her, because he sat in the car for a long time going over everything she did wrong. She kept telling me that he was so mean to her. At first I thought she just felt that way because he was authoritative (and he failed her), but the more she told me that things that he said, the more I had to agree with her. We figured that was it until one of her breaks, but she came home and checked the system anyway. By some stroke of luck, she was able to get another appointment for today. Unfortunately, it was at the same test location, but she took it.

The skies opened up on our drive there. So much so that at one point the highway came to a standstill. She did a wonderful job of staying calm. We finally pulled into the line at the curb in a giant puddle while the rain poured down and lightning flashed all around us. We even saw a transformer get hit not far in front of us and the sparks shower down. It was scary and seemed like a bad omen. Finally, the skies lightened and the rain slowed to a drizzle. We moved up in line until we were the second from the front. The dreaded examiner went to the front car, so we thought we were safe, but they were having battery trouble, and the car couldn't move. So, the same "mean" man made his way to our car. My last words to Laura were, "You show him what you can do!" Miles and I had to leave the car and hope that the lightning stayed far away, because there wasn't much shelter. Laura said that the first thing he did was yell at her for parking too close to the car in front of her, because it couldn't move. (She also said that she had absolutely no problem getting around it.)

While we were waiting for her to finish the test, I met an older gentleman who told me that he was a driving instructor waiting for one of his clients. When I told him that my daughter was testing with the examiner who failed her so badly on Monday, he expressed sympathy and told me that he knew that one well. His fail rate is very high, and he regularly has girls sobbing. As a matter of fact, he was there earlier that morning with another client and witnessed a girl (not his client) crying so hard that she was hitting the dash. Then the examiner came from around the corner with a sour look on his face and mumbled to me to have a nice day. I could tell nothing from his expression and the driving instructor couldn't tell either. The only hope that I held was that on Monday he seemed to delight in telling me how poorly my daughter drove. I peeked around the corner to see Laura beaming in the driver's seat, and I felt such relief. She told me that he was still extremely mean, but she held it together and passed! He didn't make any mention of remembering her from the other day.

Whew! Sorry to be so long-winded, but what a day! In some ways, I'm glad that she had the same examiner, because it seems like a real win over Monday.
I'm so glad that she got her license. That is fabulous. Nick will go for his in less than 2 months It will be nice to not have to worry about how he is getting 2 and from school though

Elin I hope you travels go smoothly.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:32 PM   #1526
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

Hi! We just got home last night from Disney. Seemed like it went by way too fast.
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *
mommykds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:40 PM   #1527
mommykds

Elin,
Hope you are having a good trip & glad Bob's improving.

Tammi,
Sorry we missed you!

Terry,
Glad to hear your new grandson is home. Congrats!

Deb,
Hawaii sounds great! I think I'd want a travel agent to help me plan too.

Beth,
Congrats to Laura!

Vicki,
Good luck wedding planning!

Tom,
Nice to see you!

Tia,
I think Elin already gave you the link but if you have any questions, please ask. We love CW.

Bernadette,
I think you should quit your job & sell all the wonderful things you make! Wow!!

Jennifer,
Congrats on your upcoming tenure.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *
Old 08-22-2011, 04:05 PM   #1528
bear74
DIS Veteran

hi everyone we have had 68 days so far this some 100+ temps. Ugg
Old 08-22-2011, 04:07 PM   #1529
bear74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommykds View Post
Hi! We just got home last night from Disney. Seemed like it went by way too fast.
welcome home.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:56 PM   #1530
mommykds

Thanks Jennifer!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: