Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2011, 08:40 PM   #136
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Even more news to report tonight. Bob was transferred to the Kindred Hospital in Richmond this afternoon. It is the place he needs to be to move forward with his recovery, so even though it will be more difficult for us to get to him to spend time, it will be better for him. I will go down there tomorrow morning and come back to teach in the afternoon.

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:46 PM   #137
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Even more news to report tonight. Bob was transferred to the Kindred Hospital in Richmond this afternoon. It is the place he needs to be to move forward with his recovery, so even though it will be more difficult for us to get to him to spend time, it will be better for him. I will go down there tomorrow morning and come back to teach in the afternoon.
I'm glad that he safely made the trip. I hope that he makes great strides in a short period of time in Richmond. I know that it will be difficult to be so far apart.

Deb
my3princes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2011, 05:49 AM   #138
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good morning, DDA!

Off to Richmond. Have great days!

Old 02-15-2011, 09:57 AM   #139
my3princes

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Good morning, DDA!

Off to Richmond. Have great days!
Safe Travels. I hope Bob like his new digs

Deb
Old 02-16-2011, 06:30 AM   #140
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good morning, DDA!

The facility and staff at Kindred Richmond are top-notch. I wish Bob could have gone there two weeks ago when it was first requested. I spent 5 hours with him yesterday and his outlook is so much more upbeat and content. We already have a plan of action in hand and I am looking forward to seeing the changes and improvements in the next week or so!

Thanks again for your continued good wishes, prayers and kind words. They mean the world to me and Bob is stunned by your support.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:38 AM   #141
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Elin - I'm so glad that Bob is doing better in Richmond! Sounds like it is just where he needs to be! I know it will be rough on you and the girls, but just hang in there, and know that we are here for you!

I get to take kids to the dentist today. Ick!!! Luckily, we have a great dentist, and my kids love to see him! Unfortunately, I didn't know we were going to be getting a rather large winter storm today. I'm hoping that it will hold off until we get back, but I'm not hopeful!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:53 AM   #142
my3princes

Elin I'm glad that things are looking up. The mental aspect truly is half the battle

Glynis my boys have dentist appointments tomorrow and Nick has a derm appt to boot. Fun Fun

Deb
Old 02-16-2011, 09:55 AM   #143
my3princes

I'm have the great internal debate...to start stripping the wallpaper in the bathroom or to put it off I have time today, but I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to get back to it. Do I want that mess now or do I want to wait until next week when the kids are at school.

Deb
Old 02-16-2011, 12:15 PM   #144
my3princes

My debate is over. Ended up deciding to deep clean the house. Starting in Hunter's room. All his Bed linens and curtains are in the process of being washed and I've wiped down about half the walls. He's even boxing up a bunch of his stuffies. He's growing up.

Deb
Old 02-16-2011, 02:54 PM   #145
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Home from the dentist and I'm happy to report that Jacob, Leslie, Mary and I were all seen, and there's not a cavity among the bunch of us!!! This is good news for the kids, as Alan pays them 20 dollars if they get a no cavity report! As we were coming home, the kids were all planning what they are going to buy in Disneyland with their money.

Katie goes to the dentist on Monday, and I don't think she'll be so lucky. She still has some cavities from her last visit that need to be filled. If she doesn't have any new ones, she'll get paid, but I don't know! We also need to talk about braces. Funnily enough, she really wants them! I think with our tax return this year, we'll be able to swing it for her. We'll see.

The dentist did say that Jacob is also going to be needing braces in the near future, so we've got that to look forward to. Oh joy!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:57 PM   #146
my3princes

I've decide that once Hunter moves out, we will see him on an episode of hoarders He was actually able to let go of some things today, but the stuff that he had been keeping that was broken or missing pieces is just beyond me. One room down

Deb
Old 02-16-2011, 09:35 PM   #147
MrsHeg
DIS Veteran

Elin - I'm glad to hear such a good report
Old 02-18-2011, 06:22 AM   #148
bethbuchall
Had to make sure she was in Disney World on her 40th

Good morning, DDA! Nothing new to report around here...

bethbuchall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:12 AM   #149
my3princes

Good Morning. Last day of school vacation here. We're cleaning Nick's room today. He is still sleeping, but I did go in and grab his comforter and curtains so I've started. My life is so exciting these days.

Deb
Old 02-18-2011, 10:44 AM   #150
bethbuchall
Had to make sure she was in Disney World on her 40th

I've decided that I'd much rather have a boring life than experience some of the "excitement" that I've been hearing about.

My bathroom guy was sick for three days, but he is back today. He is laying the tile floor and plans to work tomorrow and maybe Sunday to make up for being gone. I told him not to feel obligated to work the weekend on our account, but I think that they have a new job that they really wanted to start on Monday. Then we'll have a two week break until they come back and start the other bathroom.

I am loving this warmer weather and even a little sunshine! It's not going to stay past today, but it gives me hope that spring really is coming. It also makes me want to get this place cleaned up. I need to take advantage of that feeling while I can. Unfortunately, it won't be in the living room, since that is piled with boxes of bathroom "parts" for two bathrooms. Trust me, though, there is plenty of other work to be done around here.

My kids have Monday and Tuesday off. We are kind of hoping that the bathroom will be done so that we can do whatever we want those days. Either way, they will be put to work around here for at least part of the time.

bethbuchall is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: