Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2011, 08:21 PM   #31
Pegasus928
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridian Princess View Post
DH persuaded me to get a dog 2 years ago,he said he would walk her feed her etc who has ended up caring for her? Me! She is a lovely wee angel dogShe is all we miss when we go abroad!
Sounds very similar to our situation. I persuaded DW that we should get one as I was working abroad at the time and was being tmepted by some of the offers to move overseas full time. The dog was originally bought as an 'anchor' to ensure that didnt happen
Now we wouldn't be without him
Pegasus928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:07 AM   #32
nickymouse66
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone! I'm new to forums & have just registered, so deep breath...here goes:

Real name : Nicky (no prizes for guessing that one!) I'm 45 but feel like a teenager!

Family Partner Mike 19 happy years together, we have a lovely daughter aged 17 (Cody) & I have a daughter aged 26 (Kayleigh) & a son aged 23 (Niall). I'm a very proud Mom!

Home Town I live in the Black Country, in the heart of the Midlands (and love it!)

Work I have been working for Citizens Advice for the last 11 years & am currently a bureau supervisor - I love my job!

Hobbies Baking & keeping fit.

Favourite Park Impossible to choose - I think they all offer something different.

Looking forward to Our next trip to Orlando which is booked for Oct. 2012. It will be my 5th visit since 1990 (Mike & Codys 4th), last visit 2005, this time will be three of us - I am so excited. It's the first time we are staying on Disney property and the first time we are having 3 weeks!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2011, 04:00 PM   #33
Pegasus928
DIS Veteran

Welcome to the forums Nicky.

A grown up that feels like a teenager. You will fit in just fine around here
Old 08-20-2011, 07:16 PM   #34
scotlass
Proud Redhead
Lang may yer lum reek!
Ma heid's mince

I have posted a wee bit on here so not really a newbie but this is me....

Family: Married to Colin for 14 years and we have a wee boy who is affectionately known as The Boy,he will be 11 next week....

Occupation: I work in IKEA,not the most glamorous job but it works in well with the boys school.

Home town: Bonnyrigg...its a wee town about 14 miles outside Edinburgh

Hobbies - well my main hobby is more of an obsession...football and more precisely Celtic.
Season ticket holder and try to get to as many away games as possible.

Favourite park: Magic Kingdom - nothing beats the feelin I get when I see the Castle for the first time crossin Bay Lake.
Even tho we stay onsite and can use Disney transport we take the car our first day and take the boat over....Magical.

Favourite resort: Wilderness Lodge - It had long been my dream resort and my DH " found " the money last year for us to stay there.
It did not disappoint,it was amazing.
We are back in the values were we belong but thats ok with me because I have stayed at Movies and POP before and loved them too.

Favourite attraction: Although MK is my favourite Park ToT is my favourite attraction.

Favourite restaurant Ohanas for best friends breakfast, this is a family last full day tradition and it lets me pretend Im stayin at the Poly !!

LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \0/
scotlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:46 PM   #35
Pegasus928
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the introduction Vickie

We are all Liverpool supporters in our house and always keep an eye on Celtics results too, due to the special bond between the 2 clubs

Y.N.W.A
Old 08-21-2011, 10:56 AM   #36
ariel_
Mouseketeer

I've been lurking on here for ages but just recently started posting so here goes!

Family: Me (25), DBF Ally (25, Lightning_McQueen on here) and Boo Radley my gigantic chihuahua

Occupation: I have just gained full registration as a teacher and have just finished my probationary year - so no job for just now! When I get back from September trip I will have to find one

Home Town: Just outside Glasgow, Scotland.

Hobbies: I started running this year and I love it! Such a sad hobby haha! Other than that I like shopping, reading and motorsports.

Favourite Park: I love them all for different reasons but for me the Magic Kingdom is the epitome of Disney magic!

Favourite Resort: Have only ever stayed in Wilderness Lodge and loved it so much we are going back this time! One day I would like to stay in the Grand Floridian but would have to save up a bit longer to budget for that!

Favourite Attraction: Even though I cried queuing for ToT the first time it is my favourite and I could go on it over and over and over again (if DBF would let me!)

Favourite Restaurant I really can't choose - most memorable food was at Jiko but I love the atmosphere in Ohana and California Grill.
ariel_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:46 PM   #37
Pegasus928
DIS Veteran

Nice to meet you Ashleigh

Hope you will find time to share your next trip with us all
Old 09-23-2011, 12:42 PM   #38
chaoscupcake
Earning My Ears

Hi there, another newbie here, booked our first trip to DLP in july and have become a little bit obsessed with reading trip reports on this forum since

Real name
: Claire

Family: married to Jay, we have one son Alex who is 5, he has aspergers syndrome and his 'thing' is disney cars so you can imagine how excited he is!

Home Town: daaaahhhn saaaafff...ahem, down the south, near portsmouth

Work: I work in a tattoo shop and am a body piercer which is lots of fun

Hobbies: I read a lot, spend time with my family, love swimming, fast rides! ( I also really really like glee, sssh)
Old 09-23-2011, 03:31 PM   #39
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Welcome Ashleigh, sorry I missed your post while I was on holiday.

Welcome Claire, Why anyone wants tattoos or body piercing is beyond me but, I almost faint if I have to give blood, needles in bodies its just not right.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:17 PM   #40
Pegasus928
DIS Veteran

Hi Claire - and to the Dis

Enjoy the trip reports. They are a fantastic source of inspiration for planning your next trip
Old 09-27-2011, 04:27 AM   #41
buddles norfolk uk
Earning My Ears

Hi, I have posted a few times but I thought I'd say hello on here too!

About my family: I'm 21, I'm a student at university training to teach 3-7 year olds, and I live with my partner Dan, 23, who is in his first year of teaching. We have been together for six years, and have a newly adopted 3 year old silver tabby cat, Kansas. We moved into our first home together in July, and now live in sunny North Norfolk!

Hobbies:
I love reading, particularly literary fiction about India and the East, and I also love Richard Yates & F Scott Fitzgerald. I also like walking, snuggling the cat and surfing the Dis!

Favourite Park: Magic Kingdom, hands down. I do love them all, and they each have some cracking attractions, but Magic Kingdom really does it for me. As others have said, seeing the castle for the first time each holiday really is so magical!

Favourite Resort: Have only stayed in two, but we have a soft spot for Pop Century and this is where we'll be staying in 2013. And it fits in with our wallets!

Favourite Attraction: I love the parades and fireworks displays, watching Wishes is my ultimate favourite moment while we're there. I don't do coasters, but I do love Big Thunder at night, it's excellent. MNSSHP was really brilliant, but being limited to school holidays I doubt we'll go again in the foreseeable future!

Looking forward to: August 2013. My first three trips to WDW were with my Mum and Dad (also a Disney nut and Disboards member) and the last one in 2008 was all four of us. We are saving up to go in 2013, just me and DBF, but with only one of us earning and being limited to school holidays, it's super tough! As my ticker says though (ha)- it's never too early to be excited! This also means I'd be planning the holiday single handedly without my Dad for the first time- so I love reading the PTRs and TRs on here for inspiration!

WDW2002, Offsite | WDW2003, Caribbean Beach | WDW2004, Offsite | WDW2008, Pop Century | WDW2013, The saving has begun!

buddles norfolk uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:53 PM   #42
Rienchen
Real Life Mary Poppins

Name: M.-I'm going to try and stay somewhat anonymous ;-)

Family: Just me, but my my mum has joined me on one of my WDW and 2 of my DLP trips before.

Home town: born in Germany but I've been a Londoner for a few years now

Favourite Park: Magic Kingdom

Favourite Attraction: It's a Small World

Favourite Coaster: Big Thunder Mountain

First Trip to Disney: a daytrip to DLP when I was 16

Favourite Restaurant: Tangerine Cafe(?) but to be honest we haven't tried that many yet, looking forward to the dining plan next year

Favourite Hotel Onsite: have only stayed at ASMu and wasn't crazy about that

Likes: chocolate, peanut butter and wild cherry diet pepsi

Dislikes: bacon and beer
Disneyland Paris Daytrips in 1998, 1999 and 2002 Disneyland Paris 2 Days/1 Night at the Sequoia Lodge in 1998 Disneyland Paris 3 Days/2 Nights at the Hotel Cheyenne in 2000Walt Disney World April 2004 2 Days(Off Site Youth Hostel) Mother Daughter Trip to WDW offsite April 2006 WDW December 2008 ASMu

2 nannies on a mission to find Mary Poppins at Disneyland Paris-a November 2011 Trip Report

Dining Review in Progress: Please take a guess how much we cost the Mouse?

Rienchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:12 PM   #43
Pegasus928
DIS Veteran

Hi Jodie - and a big welcome to the Dis.

2013 sounds like a long way away but time and again we are introduced to people that are planning a holiday for 2 years time, and before you know it they are on here saying goodbye as it is time for them to leave

Happy planning
Old 10-02-2011, 05:15 PM   #44
Pegasus928
DIS Veteran

Hi 'M'

A real life Mary Poppins sounds intriguing. Are you really Supernanny from off of the telly

Can I ask where in Germany you are from? I was posted there for 4 years in Herford while I was in the Army. I loved the place and didn't want to leave when the time came
Old 10-03-2011, 09:25 AM   #45
Rienchen
Real Life Mary Poppins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus928 View Post
Hi 'M'

A real life Mary Poppins sounds intriguing. Are you really Supernanny from off of the telly

Can I ask where in Germany you are from? I was posted there for 4 years in Herford while I was in the Army. I loved the place and didn't want to leave when the time came

I wish I was Supernanny, then I wouldn't have to worry about a trip budget
But that was a good guess, I've been a nanny for 9 years now

I'm from Northern Germany, from a town called 'Bremen', not really sure how far that is from Herford
Disneyland Paris Daytrips in 1998, 1999 and 2002 Disneyland Paris 2 Days/1 Night at the Sequoia Lodge in 1998 Disneyland Paris 3 Days/2 Nights at the Hotel Cheyenne in 2000Walt Disney World April 2004 2 Days(Off Site Youth Hostel) Mother Daughter Trip to WDW offsite April 2006 WDW December 2008 ASMu

2 nannies on a mission to find Mary Poppins at Disneyland Paris-a November 2011 Trip Report

Dining Review in Progress: Please take a guess how much we cost the Mouse?

Rienchen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: