Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2011, 05:21 PM   #1
Alice-in-wonder
Mouseketeer

BBB in Castle or Downtown Disney?

Hi, I booked a BBB appointment at the castle in MK for DD7. I am thinking now maybe we should switch it to the BBB in Downtown Disney so we don't lose park time. What are your thoughts? Pluses and minuses of each? Last year we went to the MK one and felt like it used alot of park time. Does one have a bigger selection of costumes, or are they about equal in size? TIA!

Alice-in-wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:27 PM   #2
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member
OMG! I am about to jump up and down!
real technical words, aren't they!

Wouldn't you be losing park time anyway when you were spending time in DTD?
PIRATEGIRL007 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
soxyes
Mouseketeer

I see it as a wash (from the park time perspective)... Either you're away from the parks at DTD or in the Castle. I can see though, that if you're limited in ticket days, then that might be worth doing it at DTD and having a non park day.

That aside, we've done both and I find the Castle much more magical. Just the idea of having it done in Cinderella's Castle give me the chills! If I wouldn't have taken a spot from a little girl, I would have requested an appointment for myself along with my daughter!! Somehow I managed to refrain.

Also, we like to take DD to a character meal while she is all gussied up. If you plan to do that, I would set it all up based upon convenience. With our last BBB at the Castle, we took the Monorail over to 1900 Park Faire. It was a hoot! (We had never experienced dinner with Cinderella & the Stepsisters before - that was fun.)
soxyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:55 PM   #4
kadesha
DIS Veteran

I think it's worth the loss of an hour or so to do it in the castle. It's a great experience and my girls love walking around MK dressed as princesses!

Last trips: August 2006, May 2007, November 2008, June 2009, and May 2012

Kadesha
Al
Alyssa
Destiny
kadesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:07 PM   #5
Alice-in-wonder
Mouseketeer

Thank you. I think I will keep my appt. at BBB in the MK!

Alice-in-wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:09 PM   #6
Suellen
DIS Veteran

We've done it twice at DTD and not at the Castle.... We had a really nice time and I've heard that the photo session is much nicer at the DTD location. I don't know the truth to that as it is the only one we've done.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:54 PM   #7
jandm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxyes View Post
I see it as a wash (from the park time perspective)... Either you're away from the parks at DTD or in the Castle. I can see though, that if you're limited in ticket days, then that might be worth doing it at DTD and having a non park day.

That aside, we've done both and I find the Castle much more magical. Just the idea of having it done in Cinderella's Castle give me the chills! If I wouldn't have taken a spot from a little girl, I would have requested an appointment for myself along with my daughter!! Somehow I managed to refrain.

Also, we like to take DD to a character meal while she is all gussied up. If you plan to do that, I would set it all up based upon convenience. With our last BBB at the Castle, we took the Monorail over to 1900 Park Faire. It was a hoot! (We had never experienced dinner with Cinderella & the Stepsisters before - that was fun.)
We are doing the exact same thing this May! Going to BBB in MK and then heading over to 1900 Park Fare for dinner. The girls can't wait! We are doing this on our last day.
jandm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: