Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2011, 09:18 AM   #31
Purpleblanket
Mouseketeer

So for the rest of the evening Chloe and I roamed around until DH came back to join us.

We shopped a bit and then rode the Carosel and then we went to Mickey's Philharmagic! We loved that!

Then on to Minnie and Mickey's house and we rode the Barnstormer!
For 2 grown women getting on the barnstormer, it was probably more funny than lame. But it was fun and we laughed.

Minnie's Fridge:

Chloe loved Minnie's list of things to do for her day and she enjoyed Minnie's Diet Cookies too!

And we watched her cake rise too:

Then over to Mickey's house:

By this time... we got the text from DH that he was just about back at the park. Chloe and I took the Railroad to the front of the park to meet up with him in and get a spot for the Main Street Electrical Parade!

I know.. I know.. it feels like this day goes on forever!! lol
I told you we got a lot done!

Last edited by Purpleblanket; 02-03-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:41 PM   #32
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Have just caught up with your TR and can't believe the way the trip started! Am glad you managed to get all your plans back safely especially after the amount of time invested in them

on getting lots done on your MK day! Is making me rethink my idea of choosing sleep over early EMHs. Looking forward to reading more
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2011, 08:50 PM   #33
Purpleblanket
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Have just caught up with your TR and can't believe the way the trip started! Am glad you managed to get all your plans back safely especially after the amount of time invested in them

on getting lots done on your MK day! Is making me rethink my idea of choosing sleep over early EMHs. Looking forward to reading more
Thanks for joining in! Yes.... I highly recommend getting up for those EMH!
You can sleep later in the afternoon when the parks are crazy busy!! And then later in the evening when everyone takes the little ones back to put to bed you can enjoy the parks again!

And yes... thank goodness I got all my plans back!!! The ridemax plans worked out just great! I highly recommend the site! It was worth the 20 bucks!

Debbie
Old 02-04-2011, 09:23 PM   #34
Purpleblanket
Mouseketeer

So we left off with Chloe and I getting on the railroad to meet up with Rene:

Once we met up with Rene we decided to Ride Buzz Light Year as there was no wait time;
I tried to manouever both controllers and had really bad scores with both!!

And if you think we haven't done enough today, well we decide to end it with the Wishes Fireworks!!! But... before we get our spot for wishes we realize that we still have 4 fastpasses to splash mountain and 5 fastpasses for Space Mountain!!
Since we'd already done space mountain and it was really Jamie that wanted to do it again we decided to find a nice unsuspecting family to give them to!!
So we went on a hunt!! We spotted what appeared to be Mom, Dad and 3 kids around the ages of 12 - 15 and asked if they'd like 5 fastpasses to Space
Mountain!! It was about 9;30 pm and the lines were crazy and the fastpasses were gone for the day!! Well... this family was so excited when they realized what we were offering! So that felt so good to "make" someone's day!
Then to try to give away the splash mountain tickets! That was another story as it was so cold tonight. Nobody wanted them!!!

We decided we needed to find a group of young teenagers that don't care about the cold!! SUCCESS!! We made another group happy!!

Then on to watch the Wishes Fireworks!!

Then we found a spot for the Wishes Fireworks and finished off the evening with the Main Street Electrical Parade:

There is no way to do the fireworks justice with a photo! They were just so awesome. That's all I can say.

So now we are going to call it a night!! And go see how poor Jamie is making out back at the hotel.

Here's a recap of everything we did on Day 2 at MK:
Rope drop in the morning
Tomorrowland Speedway
Mad Tea Party
Met Mary Poppins
Winnie the Pooh
Snow White's Scary Adventure
Peter Pan's Flight
It's a small World
Haunted Mansion
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Pirates of the Caribbean
Jungle Cruise
Aladdin's Magic Carpets
Got fastpasses for Splash Mountain -even though we decided to pass them along later
Tiki Room under new management
Country Bear Jamboree
Space Mountain
Met Donald Duck and Jasmine and Alladin
Carosel of Progress
Dream along with Mickey Show
Merry Christmas Parade
rode the monorail to Grand Floridian to check out the gingerbread house and christmas decorations

Went back to hotel: Rested, showered, had lunch, and attended to a sick kid back at hotel

Dinner at Cinderella's Castle
Mickey's Philharmagic
Minnie and MIckey's house
Goofy's barnstormer
Buzz Lightyear
Wishes Fireworks
Main St Electrical Parade

Actually the fireworks were before the parade! so we finally left the park at about 11;30 pm and we got back to Pop shortly after midnight!

My Goodness... I can't believe we actually got this much done myself!!

Next up is another big Day: Day 3 at Animal Kingdom!!
Do you think my kids can keep up?

Debbie

P.S. If any of this posting is out of order, I apologize!! I've had so much trouble with Photobucket tonight and I'm done and it is what it is!! lol

Last edited by Purpleblanket; 02-06-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:37 PM   #35
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Wow that list is very impressive!

Thanks for the advice...will definitely take it on board. Had already looked into Ridemax and will be using it in the near future

Hope Jamie feels better soon, everyone manages to keep up at AK and you have another great day!
Old 02-05-2011, 11:15 AM   #36
Purpleblanket
Mouseketeer

DAY 3 - Dec 29/10 - Animal Kingdom in the morning

Today is another 7 am EMH hours and again we are planning on 2 parks today so we want to take adavantage of those early hours at AK.

I set the alarm for our 5:30 wake up call from Mickey and fall asleep promptly.

5:30 came real fast!! I got up and got myself ready!! (Those curtains separating the sink area from the rest of the room are just great at Pop Century as it lets the rest of the group still have darkness for sleeping while I was getting ready at the sink area)

Once me and DH were up and just about ready we tried to wake DS and DD.
They mumbled that they weren't coming!!

DS still needed some more sleep and DD just wanted to sleep in and be more spontaneous today!! OKAY!! We said, but we're off and we'll see you later when we come back to hotel for our afternoon break!

So it was just DH and myself that headed out into the cool Florida morning heading for AK!

We arrived just before 7 am! (I've read on the dis boards that they do a little morning show.. but we didn't realize that and we never saw anything or heard anything)

First thing we did was head to EE for a fastpass.

Then we went to Kilimonjaro Safari's and they hadn't opened yet (because they said it was too cold) and Castmates were handing out fastpasses and asked us if we'd also like a fastpass for the LionKing Show. Of course we said yes!! So now with 3 sets of fastpasses, we went a different direction to enjoy our morning!

We walked over to Dinosaur and rode that!! It was so much fun!
We felt like we were right in the movie "Jurrasic Park":

From there, we walked around DinoLand but we didn't feel the need to do any of the rides in there.
It was such a cold morning and the Castmates had great big heaters blowing heat on all the folliage all over the park!
We enjoyed walking around and taking in all the sights and checking out some of the stores. All with no crowds!

We eventually wondered back to EE and rode that! We both enjoyed it!!
DH is not supposed to ride the intense rides since he had a heart attack a couple years ago, but he decided that since the sign says you shouldn't ride if blood pressure is high that he should be fine because his blood pressure is good.
He's glad he rode, and both of us found that our imagination of what the ride would be like is actually more intense than the actual ride.
After the ride, we landed up in the store!! And we found this little guy!
I had to take a photo as DD had rec'd it as a christmas gift from one of her brothers and had already named him "Henry" - so I had to take a photo and tell her I found Henry at Disney!

Next installment we get in line for the Lion King Show!
Old 02-05-2011, 11:41 AM   #37
Purpleblanket
Mouseketeer

Our fast pass time for the Lion King show was for the 10 am show. It was now about 8:45 or 9:00 am so we went over to the tree of life and went to see "Its tough to be a bug"! This was DH's favorite show at all of WDW!! He especially loved the very ending!! (I'm not going to tell you what happens in case any readers are heading over there!!) But, I'll tell you, it's just fun.:

After Its tough to be a bug, we decided to get in line for the Lion King Show.
We couldn't wait to get inside since it was so cold! (And I hate saying that, especially now as I sit at home in Manitoba freezing my butt off in -30 Celcius weather!!)
At Lion King we were in the Lion Section so we made sure we roared really loud!

The lion king show was a lot of fun and we really enjoyed it.

From there, we headed back for the Kilimonjaro Safari as they were opened up now and we had our fastpasses.
We had a very entertaining tour driver and enjoyed seeing lots of animals out and about that morning:

The Safari and photos will continue in next installment.

I've got to stop for now as I've got clients arriving soon for haircuts!!
( I work out of my home and I have a salon in the basement! FYI) lol
Old 02-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #38
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Great pics of AK! Looking forward to reading more
Old 02-06-2011, 12:13 PM   #39
rpbear
DIS Veteran

Wonderful trip report and I love your pictures. Can't wait to read more.

Lucy

It has been too long since the last trip. Adding a ticker finally for my next trip.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:19 PM   #40
Purpleblanket
Mouseketeer

Good Morning!
Continuing on with the Kilimanjaro Safari:

We actually saw a lot of animals out this morning!
After the safari we were ready to head back to our hotel as we had done pretty much everything we intended to do here. It was about 11:30 am.
On the way out, we walked through the rain forest cafe store!

We hopped back on the bus to go back to Pop and stopped for some lunch at the food court before going to see how Chloe and Jamie were doing!

A recap of the Morning of Day 3:

Rope drop for 7 am at Animal Kingdom
Got Fastpasses for EE, Festival of the Lion King and Kilimanjaro Safaris.
Rode Dinosaur
Explored Dino land
Saw " It's tough to be a bug" show
Rode EE
Roamed around and took lots of photos, explored the tree of life
Saw Festival of the Lion King
Did Kilimanjaro Safari
Lunch at Pop Century

Now off to see what those 2 kids of mine are up to!!
and to see if they are ready to head out to Disney Hollywood Studios!
Old 02-06-2011, 12:20 PM   #41
Purpleblanket
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpbear View Post
Wonderful trip report and I love your pictures. Can't wait to read more.

Lucy
Hi Lucy,

Thanks for popping in! It makes it more fun when some other dissers are following!

Debbie
Old 02-06-2011, 12:42 PM   #42
Cinderella Girl
Mouseketeer

Hi Debbie,

Love your trip report! My mom, dad and I were in DW from 12/26 - 1/2, so I know how cold it was and how crazy the crowds were! However we also had a blast and I did alot of advance planning too! My parents really enjoyed relaxing and letting me do all the work! Looking forward to the rest of your report!
Molly
Mar 1985 First Visit- Off Property Nov 1987 Big Red Boat/Village Resort Feb 1995 Grovesnor Mar 1996 Off Property Jan 1998 Hotel Royal Plaza Jan 2000 CBR Jan 2003 CBR Dec 2003 YC New Year's 2006 PC Jan 2007 CBR Nov 2007 Off Property New Year's 2009 CBR June 2009 All Star- Sports
Dec 10/Jan 11 CBRAug 2012 CBR Apr 2013 Dolphin
Oct 2013 CBR
Dec 13/Jan 14 PC
Mar/Apr 14 BWV/BCV
Old 02-06-2011, 12:48 PM   #43
Purpleblanket
Mouseketeer

Day 3 - Part 2 - Afternoon at Disney Hollywood Studios

so when we arrive back at hotel Jamie is still in bed. (Remember he was sick?,
so it was good he took this time to sleep)

Chloe announced that she was feeling great and had a great morning. She
Slept in, had shower, went for breakfast, went for a walk/jog, read by the pool and was totally enjoying her holiday!!

We told Jamie we planned to leave for DHS in about 1 hour (1PM) and asked what he wanted to do.
He still needed to shower etc... and was feeling a bit tired still so he said he would meet up with us later.

We really wanted room service to be able to get in and clean the room and make beds etc... so we sent him to lie down outside by the pool and he would get some fresh air. The room steward was right outside and we asked her to completely change the bedding on his bed as he'd been sick since yesterday)
(Anything to keep this sickness from spreading.. and since I'm the only one who hasn't been sick yet... I was getting pretty anal about hand washing and
spraying lysol spray on everything! The last thing I needed was for me to get !!!

So about 1 pm me, Rene and Chloé headed to DHS. Jamie would text us when he left so we could meet up with him.

We arrived at DHS about 1:30 pm and it was CROWDED!!!

The Christmas tree at DHS:

I think Chloe now realized the importance of getting to the park early at this point.
But, since we chose AK for our early morning, we didn't have much choice.
and DHS had extra hours later in the night tonight and didn't close til 1 am so we figured we'd just try to get as much done as we could.

There were no fastpasses left at all for TOT or RnRC so we just decided to do whatever had a short standby time.

First up was the Beauty and Beast Show as they were just starting to walk in.
Waiting for the show to start:

After Beauty and the Beast Show Chloe found this guy:

Chloe babysits sometimes for a couple little boys back home and was so excited to get Handy Manny's signature for them!

Then Rene found this:

The turkey leg was so good! He said if that's all he ate for the rest of the trip that he'd be good to go!

More of DHS to be continued:
Old 02-06-2011, 01:13 PM   #44
Eight
Mouseketeer

I am so impressed at the amount of stuff you were able to get in at the Magic Kingdom your second day! I don't think I managed to do that much, and I'm sure it wasn't nearly as crowded when I went. I guess that's the perks of EMH, yeah? I've never tried doing one, as I can never make it to rope drop on a normal day.

Looking forward to hearing more about DHS.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:23 PM   #45
Purpleblanket
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella Girl View Post
Hi Debbie,

Love your trip report! My mom, dad and I were in DW from 12/26 - 1/2, so I know how cold it was and how crazy the crowds were! However we also had a blast and I did alot of advance planning too! My parents really enjoyed relaxing and letting me do all the work! Looking forward to the rest of your report!
Molly
Hi Molly

Thanks for dropping by! Yes... you were there the same time as us! Thanks goodness it got warmer by the end of the week! Did you do any of the early hours? Did you stay right on disney property?
Where did you go for NYE? We were in Epcot and had such a fun time!
But you'll have to keep following along to find out what all we did in Epcot on NYE!

You live just 8 hours south of us!! I understand we'll be getting all spring waters this spring and we are bracing ourselves for flooding!

Are you working on a trip report? I'd love to hear how your time was at the same time as ours!!

Stay warm!

Debbie

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: