Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2011, 01:30 PM   #16
nycdisneygal
Mouseketeer

Loving your trip report so far! GREAT pics!! Really just great!
Now i have to check out your wedding TR!!
Old 01-24-2011, 08:19 PM   #17
Bickimook2
Fab Five Member!

Tuning in, awesome TR so far. Your shirts are so darling, they turned out really great, can't wait to read more

2003 High School Band Trip - First Time to WDW - Off Site/ 2008 First Time to WDW with DF - All Star Movies Resort/ June 2011 Disneymoon! - Port Orleans - FQ
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2011, 11:12 PM   #18
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

Day 3 - January 5, 2011

This was the day that was supposed to be our first day before we added the extra days on. We slept in again this morning, We never sleep in so this was a big deal! Pete went to get us breakfast and I showered. When he came back with a bagel for me and a muffin for him we ate and talked about our game plan for the day!

We packed up the last of the things we had laying around the room and bell services came to get our bags. They tagged them for Bay Lake Towers and took them away. We were sure to tip the guy, we had so many bags. LOL

We walked around the hotel grounds a little bit on the way to the bus.

Jenna's New Room!

We finally made it to the bus and took the 1st bus that came. Downtown Disney. It wasn't a real long ride and as soon as we got off the bus at Downtown Disney a bus for the Contemporary showed up! YAY!! We were on our way.

We got to the hotel and found out that Bay Lake Towers checks in at the main building. I don't love this, but what ever!

We waited in a very short line and went to check in. They told us that our room was not ready, no surprise since it was like 11:00am. I asked what floor we were on and was told the 4th. NOPE Not gonna happen. I was not going to stay in Bay Lake Towers and be so low. I sweetly asked for something higher up and was told oh look here, there is a room on the 10th floor and it's ready now! SOLD! We will take it!

We got our key and headed up to the walkway. The view is nice from the walkway!

We passed this on the walkway, hmm a sign of things to come maybe?

We get to our room, 8218 (why does our room on the 10th floor start with an 8??? Who knows.

This is what I see when I open the door. I may have uttered a few curse words here in excitement! LOL

I did not like that both sicks were in the "Kitchen Area". We didn't have any food here, but I doubt Pete would have appreciated me spraying hairspray in the kitchen if we did.

After a quick tour of the room and a few iphone pictures we headed back to the monorail. We had Lunch reservations at the Grand Floridian Cafe.

Pete loves Sorcerer Mickey.

Here comes our ride!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West
Old 01-25-2011, 11:13 PM   #19
Goldeelox9

Day 3 - Cont.

In no time at all we were at the Grand Floridian. My friend Shawn loves the Grand Floridian Cafe and since this was our off day we thought we would give it a try.

I love the Grand Floridian, but it seems a little stuffy to me. I don't know if I would want to stay there. Well of course I would want to, but I may feel out of place.

We made our way to check in and we got a seat right away! It was so nice relaxing and not having anything at all planned for the day!

We both got the shrimp as an appetizer since we were on the deluxe dining plan.

I also got a nasty smoothie. It was supposed to be "Very Berry" but I think is needs more berries cause it was "Barely Berry"!

I got the Grand Club or something like that. Turkey and Ham and Cheese sauce. It was good, but boy was it alot. I finished maybe half!

Pete got the Grand Floridian Burger. It had lobster on it. It was good he said, but I don't think I would want that!

Now our waitress tricked us on the deserts. LOL She didn't bring us a dessert menu and rambles things o ff. Well we both got a Mini dessert, that I later found out we could have gotten the Mini Trio. It was good though. I had the Lemon Berry Cheese Cake and Pete had something...I don't remember what.

Now obviously it's lunch time, the family next to us was sitting there with maps planning their day (at lunch time). They were not on the dining plan, AND didn't even know about the dining plan. They were asking us a bunch of questions like "Where is the Indiana Jones ride"? "where do we get the bus to Harry Potter"/ So I gave them a mini lesson and the dining reservation number, since they were going to be there 8 days and had no reservations and "detested" counter food. There were nice, but they were totally a different class of people then us! LOL The guy asked for my phone number in case he had any other questions and his wife scolded him. I slipped him a card on my way out!

We walked around the Grand Floridian and went on all of the stores. I didn't buy a single thing. So proud of myself! We got the monorail back to our hotel around 2:30 or so. On the way we passed a wedding reception.

When we got back to our roomI wanted to go swimming.

Pete said it was too cold and wanted to nap.

He agreed to sit on the balcony for a while with me. What a site...

Then he went and got into bed. I called my BFF and we talked over an hour. We had a lot to catch up on. After that clouds were rolling in so I went in and covered up on the sofa with my book and read two pages and fell asleep! LOL

Pete had set a wake up call and got up to shower, only to realize we didn't have our luggage. I called to the front desk for them to bring it, but it took a little while so Pete skipped his shower. I was happy I had taken mine in the morning. LOL
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West
Old 01-26-2011, 11:22 PM   #20
Goldeelox9

Day 3 - More....

January 5, 2011 - Day 3 - Continued

SO Pete and I rushed around to get ready for dinner. We walked to the monorail and took it over to the Polynesian. We were well rested and looking forward to the fun the night had in store for us.

We got to 'Ohana and checked in. Pete got a beer and we waited maybe 10 minutes before we were seated. Our host was a college student in the college program and it was her last day. This is teh 3rd one we encountered this day that was sad to be leaving. She told me that the next week a whole new group of college students were starting. I wish I would have known about this college program when I was in school. How awesome would it look on your resume.

I snapped a picture of where the cooking happens before we got to our seat. We had a kinda crappy seat with no view, but I knew we didn't need it since we were staying with a view. I planned dinner so we would be done in time to watch the fireworks with some of our favorite people!

Pete ordered a Lapu Lapu and did share a rink with me. One of these knocks me on my tail so a sip or two is all I need. MMM

In case you have never eaten at 'Ohana the menu:

Starters

'Ohana Welcome Bread

Mixed greens with a honey-lime dressing

Appetizers/Accompaniments

Chicken Wings

Pork and Vegetable Dumplings

Lo-Mein type noodles

Veggies (Broccoli, Snow Peas and Carrots)

Skewers Prepared over an oak fire

Oak Grilled Chicken

Asian Barbecued Pork Loin

Marinated Sirloin Steak

Spicy Grilled Peel - n - Eat Shrimp

Dipping Sauces

House Made Peanut Sauce
Chimichurri Sauce
Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce

Dessert

Bread Pudding with Bananas Foster

I just got the Ice Cream, I can't really eat it cause it makes me sick, butI needed something to transfer the Bananas Foster sauce to my mouth. A few bites didn't hurt.

We were almost done when I spotted Lisa M/ heading to the bathroom. (Told you we had a crappy view). I sent her a text. "I see you". She was seated soon after that and I had plans to stop by her table to say Hi!!! I loved that my friends were all here this same week!

Pete and I took pictures after we got Lei'ed

Then I feel a Tap! It's LISA!!!! Yay! big Hugs. I love Lisa!!!

We chatted a few minutes then she went back to her friend Tammy and we paid and get out of there. We had to get back to our room! LOL Notice a trend here, I wanted to be in our room the whole time. LOL

While we were waiting for the Monorail the sky opened up and poured! I was so scared the fireworks would be canceled.

While waiting in line some girls commented on my Awesome Dooney and Burke PURPLE Mickey Wristlet. My Sister in law is awesome. It was a christmas gift.

I am not sure if I got a real picture of it or not. I will need to take one!

So we got back to our room and I made the bed from Nap Time. Jenna called and was on her way so I headed to the DVC entrance to let them in. What a great view from there. Pete set up the tripod for some pictures. LOL

Jenna got there with like seconds to spare. I was so excited to share the fireworks with them!

Last edited by Goldeelox9; 01-27-2011 at 12:26 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:23 PM   #21
Goldeelox9

Day 3 - THE END (of day 3 not the TR)

I got extra Snuggle time with Boo Boo! and we all hung out for about an hour or so. It was so nice to be relaxing in Walt Disney World.

I wish I would have taken those leis out of my hair. This is like the only picture Jenna and I had taken together all of vacation!

Jenna, Bobby, Jillian, Sylvia & Riley had to get ready and go before the monorail stopped running. So I got one last hug and we said our goodbyes!

It was only like 9:30pm or so and we were not really tired. i asked Pete if he wanted to go to bed early and get up in time for our 8:00am Breakfast Reservation at Hollywood & Vine or if he wanted to go swimming and stay up late and sleep in. Well of course I couldn't do that so we went swimming AND got up early the next day! LOL

Picture this at night (since I have no night pictures of the pool!!)

After swimming ....Brrr!!! It was freezing and raining too. LOL ..... I took some more Castle pictures, saw the Electric Light Parade and watched the castle until way early in the morning. I couldn't stop looking at it.

Finally Pete told me to GET IN BED!!! I did and fell asleep looking at the castle!!!

Old 01-26-2011, 11:36 PM   #22
hotcarib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeelox9 View Post
January 4, 2011 - FIREWORKS & Hoop Dee Doo!

Yay Wishes, my favorite part of any Disney Vacation! Get ready for picture overload!

Those are amazing fireworks pics!! Loving your TR, TY for sharing

Old 01-27-2011, 12:27 AM   #23
Goldeelox9

Thank you! I love sharing my trips, kinda like a pay back since I read so many when counting down to Disney!

Old 01-27-2011, 08:42 AM   #24
2angels
Earning My Ears

Have enjoyed reading your TR!! Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-27-2011, 01:04 PM   #25
rpbear
DIS Veteran

Wonderful trip report. I had a smile on my face the whole time I was reading it. That is one cute baby. I love the view from your room. That is awesome to be able to watch the fireworks from your room. I am looking forward to the rest of your report.

Lucy

It has been too long since the last trip. Adding a ticker finally for my next trip.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:36 PM   #26
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran

Awesome!!!

Your trip report is amazing!!! Filled with such detail of your trip...makes me CRAVE mine in November

I looooove the pictures of the food. I have been going over and over which restaurants to go to.....ur pics and descriptions are definitely helping. Keep it coming

The pics of Wishes from the first night...what kind of camera did you use? Curious...I have 3 and I can never get good pics with my better 2. I think it my inability or lack of knowledge. I just generally suck. I am wayyy better with my point and shoot. It's just not great for nighttime pics.

AND...lastly, you and your hubby are so cute I love all your pics. Keep up the great trip report. I am enjoying reading!!!
Old 02-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #27
merbobear
DIS Veteran

Subscribing..your TR is amazing so far, looking fwd to reading more!

Old 02-23-2011, 04:31 AM   #28
kylieh
DIS Veteran

Loving your TR, love the t-shirts, and love the photos and colour depth in your pics.

Curious on the camera you are using too! And are they colour enhanced in Photoshop/Flikr/Lightroom....etc? Just brilliant colours.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:22 AM   #29
AmberHeartsDisney
DIS Veteran

Great report so far!
March/April 2007- Offsite~11/29/09-12/07/09-Polynesian (For free! I won a trip)~11/29-12/07/10-Polynesian~5/12-5/17/11 Polynesian~9/16-9/19/11 All Star Music~11/13-11/17/11 Animal Kingdom Lodge Club level - Honeymoon ~11/17-11/20/12 Disney Dream Cruise~11/2-11/9 2013 BLT/AKC (We finally bought a DVC!!!09/2013)~5/5-5/11 GFV~12/6-12/13 GFV

Our Disney Travel Blog
Old 03-03-2011, 12:51 PM   #30
pinkcow
DIS Veteran

I just found your TR, and I'm so in!

Can't wait to read more!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: