Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #1
Anek0618
Earning My Ears

Decorating your door...

So, for those of you that have decorated your door on other cruises...do you find that your magnets get taken? Do you stick to personalized magnets only or do you use generic? I am working on some for our door and this is our first cruise...now I'm worried they'll walk off!!
Anek0618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #2
smurph
Earning My Ears

Wouldn't Worry

As with anything that is not bolted down, there is a chance that magnets door decorations will disappear. There are chuckleheads everywhere that need to entertain themselves with mischief. That being said, I think most DISers would tell you that rarely do door decorations go missing. We had a ton of tempting/unusual stuff on our door for a 4 day Bahamas cruise on the Wonder and finished the cruise unscathed. We made our own decorations and attached them to the magnetic tape/sheets you can get at a crafts store. Hope this helps and happy cruising!
smurph is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2011, 01:55 PM   #3
sdoner
Mouseketeer

We have been on seven cruises and have never had a problem. Most of our magnets do have our name on them, but I agree, that there will always be some chuckleheads out there.
sdoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:02 PM   #4
Octoberbride03
I think Tweetie done gone Cuckoo
Been there, done that, married the man!

I suppose there is always somebody who wants a laugh, but on our last cruise by the time we went home we had so many magnets/decorations on our door that we wouldn't have noticed if 1 walked off. i think we found extra though

My advice is if there is anything that is absolutely a "Must Keep" then leave it off the door and wait for the fridge at home. But we didn't have anything like that on our door.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:26 PM   #5
ymchavez
Mouseketeer

Good to know! Thanks everyone!

** God gave us 2 angels: one to have here on earth, and another to have in heaven. RIP Sergio II **
ymchavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:42 PM   #6
Anek0618
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone! I am making our magnets as I type! I can't wait to get on board and have the kids decorate the door!
Anek0618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:51 PM   #7
Melcatfish
In full planning mode!
Just one more victim of a drive-by tag attack

We have never had any go missing and we have a variety of named and unamed. However, on our B2B Med cruise we collected magnets from each port and I did decorate the INSIDE of our door with those as I would have been upset if they had gone missing so if you have any extra special ones you can still decorate your door with them - just on the inside!

Mel
x
Melcatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:40 PM   #8
gfolchick
DIS Veteran

Last cruise we were on Deck 1 (where I thought it would be quiet)...I'm not sure if any walked off but we did have a few pranks such as waking up one morning to find all of our magnets on the door across the hall from us. For our FE someone had made name magnets but the letters were all individual and sometimes we'd find words that were no longer our names spelled out.
gfolchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:04 PM   #9
Popovich
I can't stand to be so close to WDW and not go the the parks
Don't let DS or DD pack their own clothes!!

On 4 cruises with DCL we have never had a problem with anyone moving or taking our many door magnets.

I hope that helps.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:07 PM   #10
msnoble
Mouseketeer

Only have experience with 1 previous cruise on the Wonder--we decorated our door but I labeled the back of each magnet with our room number. A couple of magnets were moved to an adjacent door 1 night (it was a 4 night cruise) but nothing went missing. We were on Deck 2 midship.

I am planning to decorate our door again when we cruise to Alaska...having fun with the new destination!
Old 01-21-2011, 10:21 PM   #11
Disneycup
Mouseketeer

Anybody, by chance, know where I can find the templates for the door magnets with the mickey head that goes around the door number? I saw them one day and now can't find them.....been looking for the past 2 hours. Thanks!!
Disneycup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:27 PM   #12
LadyOfNawlins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneycup View Post
Anybody, by chance, know where I can find the templates for the door magnets with the mickey head that goes around the door number? I saw them one day and now can't find them.....been looking for the past 2 hours. Thanks!!
I've never posted a link before, so I hope this works. I think this is what you are looking for http://www.disboards.com/showthread....highlight=door
Old 01-21-2011, 10:27 PM   #13
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

We have both personalized and non-personalized magnets on our door. We did not have any problems with any of our disappearing or being moved to other doors. I know I have read reports on here of that happening, but it does seem more often than not that they generally are left alone.
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:42 AM   #14
babydoll
Earning My Ears

thanks for the thread. I never thought to decorate our door! I'm assuming its just for fun and it make finding your cabin a little easier!

Mary
babydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:35 AM   #15
Disneycup
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyOfNawlins View Post
I've never posted a link before, so I hope this works. I think this is what you are looking for http://www.disboards.com/showthread....highlight=door
It worked! Thanks sooo much! I spent so much time looking for it last night! Can't wait to work on some magnets. Thank you for taking the time to do it!!
Disneycup is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: