Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 08:15 AM   #31
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

I still don't understand why you would have to switch rooms if both your reservations are in the same category. ?? If your room was assigned to someone else then they should get the room Disney had assigned to you. People ask for, and get, a different room than that which was assigned to them all the time.

I think (just conjecture here) that the earlier you check out/in in the morning the more likely you are to stay in the same room.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
NJRRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:55 AM   #32
rock_doctor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDChris View Post
Thank you all for the information. We just added a night on to the beginning of our trip and requested that the reservations be linked. My question is, we have always done online check-in. Should I avoid doing that this time?
I guess i don't totally understand. If you just added a day they should be able to do so w/o issuing you a new reservation number (you are just extending you existing reservation). Unless the package has changed (i.e. you have a package for part of your stay and not for the other) or you are changing resorts it should be the same reservation number. DVC is different as you are paying for the reservation segments from different accounts... My suspicion is since it is only a single day added at the beginning they will view it as a standard single reservation. I doubt you have any thing to be concerned about. Do online check in if you like. It should not make a difference. I would not even think twice about it. Have a great time and relax. With the millions of reservations Disney deals with each year they make very few mistakes (very few).
rock_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 09:10 AM   #33
reiella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post
I still don't understand why you would have to switch rooms if both your reservations are in the same category. ?? If your room was assigned to someone else then they should get the room Disney had assigned to you. People ask for, and get, a different room than that which was assigned to them all the time.

I think (just conjecture here) that the earlier you check out/in in the morning the more likely you are to stay in the same room.
Different specifics of the rooms. I imagine far more likely to occur when they aren't linked, but part of is that some rooms are different types of rooms but still in the same category.

Take the handicap accessible rooms, for one length of the trip, they may not have need of one, so they could assign that room to you easily, while they have another guest coming during the second length that does need it.
reiella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #34
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post

I think it might also have to do with housekeeping. For instance, if Joe wants to stay in his room but Sally is checking in that day and assigned to it, and say Sally did online check-in and is arriving at 12pm, they may have assigned Sally to this room since it's one of the first to be cleaned and she's arriving early. I would think the chances of this would lessen if rooms are linked. How early the person who wants to stay in the room checks in or out may help, since they still have the flexibility to move rooms around IF the CM is willing to do the work. The CM may just say that someone else is assigned to the room and you're SOL. I once had a CM willing to move things around so I could get the room I wanted, and it took literally 25 minutes at the desk and help from a manager.

Another reason may be if a group or convention is arriving - usually if a group has a block of rooms, they keep them all together. If you are smack in the middle of it, they may move you. This could be for a wedding party or a group like Pop Warner or a convention. If it's a wedding party block that will be there, that may be harder to find out than if a group is there.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: