Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2011, 10:00 AM   #61
Melquiades
Earning My Ears

I stayed in room 9174 and was very impressed with the size of the balcony. I'm at work now so I don't have my pictures with me but I will post one later tonight.

It's very similar to the picture posted at the beginning of this thread.
Melquiades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:01 AM   #62
UmmGooD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melquiades View Post
I stayed in room 9174 and was very impressed with the size of the balcony. I'm at work now so I don't have my pictures with me but I will post one later tonight.

It's very similar to the picture posted at the beginning of this thread.
Thanks I would love to see them
UmmGooD is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2011, 10:06 AM   #63
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

I wish we had that same shot from the other side, then I could see my verandah better LOL. Do those corner rooms really have HUGE balconies??????? I can't believe anyone not in a suite gets a balcony that big.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:07 AM   #64
tink,too
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmmGooD View Post
I am guessing your verandah is probably big enough for chairs. Unlike 5188.
We're currently booked for 5188 - but I won't be by tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henlady View Post
It appears that the other tiny wedge shaped verandah on deck 5 aft is 5688(?).

If I booked 5688 and ended up with that tiny verandah I would definately be upset. I agree that DCL needs to downgrade the category of that room.
Although we were advised 5188 was a "solid white wall" verandah, there was no mention that it would be so much smaller than others in the same category that there was only room for bench seating.

We booked this one because it seemed as if the stateroom was not a connecting room, now looking at the deck plans, it appears to be connecting with the 5186 - which is a 9A!
tink,too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:09 AM   #65
UmmGooD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
I wish we had that same shot from the other side, then I could see my verandah better LOL. Do those corner rooms really have HUGE balconies??????? I can't believe anyone not in a suite gets a balcony that big.
If you look at the beginning of this thread there is a photo of the verandah for 10658 and the verandah is huge. The only downside to that room is it doesn't have a TV across from the bed because where the sofa is located.

I think the corner verandahs on decks 7-9 are even bigger than 10658 if you look at the photos.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #66
Mcqueen Fans
Uh, is your name Mater too?
We are excited about going

Quote:
If you look at the beginning of this thread there is a photo of the verandah for 10658 and the verandah is huge. The only downside to that room is it doesn't have a TV across from the bed because where the sofa is located.

I think the corner verandahs on decks 7-9 are even bigger than 10658 if you look at the photos.
We have been told some of these corner aft rooms are handicap rooms??
Mcqueen Fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:32 AM   #67
CADisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hope for the both of you that the 6th floor has bigger verandahs than the 5th floor. If I were in your shoes and a verandah was available either more center on the AFT or another verandah I would probably change my reservation.
I actually started looking for another center aft room and nothing is available on my cruise in April. We originally had 6188 and 6688 but due to expense I brought us down to just 6688 (easier to remember). I know that if our balcony is really that tiny then they better give us an onboard credit for it since it obviously won't be the square footage that they state. I am the type that will figure out the exact square footage of the room and balcony (since that's what they're measuring) and how much it is by square footage (based on double occupancy) of what they claim it is and what it actually is and go talk to them about an onboard credit for the difference. Might sound a little extreme to some people but if I'm paying for a certain amount of square feet then I expect to get it.
Wonder 2011 Cruise to Nowhere --- Dream 2011 Bahamas
CADisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:04 PM   #68
UmmGooD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcqueen Fans View Post
We have been told some of these corner aft rooms are handicap rooms??
Yes some are. As far as the deck plans go deck 10 are the only ones that are not handicapped. I have seen posted that the deck 9 ones or one of them might end up not being either but if you look at the picture from the back of the ship they all have the wider doors in those rooms to allow for a wheelchair to get out onto the balcony so I would say all but deck 10 are HA rooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADisneyMom View Post
I actually started looking for another center aft room and nothing is available on my cruise in April. We originally had 6188 and 6688 but due to expense I brought us down to just 6688 (easier to remember). I know that if our balcony is really that tiny then they better give us an onboard credit for it since it obviously won't be the square footage that they state. I am the type that will figure out the exact square footage of the room and balcony (since that's what they're measuring) and how much it is by square footage (based on double occupancy) of what they claim it is and what it actually is and go talk to them about an onboard credit for the difference. Might sound a little extreme to some people but if I'm paying for a certain amount of square feet then I expect to get it.
Well fortunately after seeing the photo of the back of the ship the 6188 has a much larger balcony than 5188. I think if you were to measure it out it would probably be larger than what was specified in the literature because it appears to be at least as deep as a standard verandah which you would get on the side of the ship.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:31 PM   #69
vmedisneymom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichellelovesMickey View Post
I am in room 6188 and am starting to hyperventilate... I would have gotten a porthole room which was $250.00 cheaper had I known this.... I NEED to see pics of Stateroom 6188.. PLEASE
Trying to decide if I should change or not !!
Michelle - I am too! and I am also Michelle! Ha - hope someone knows the answer!
vmedisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:01 PM   #70
inkkognito
I shall call him Mini-Me
I fart cigarette-scented farts!

I tweeted pics of 6690, right above sorcerer mickey. I think you can see them at www.twitter.com/themeparkwriter even if you're not on Twitter. LOVE this room although flag flapping outside sounds like a freight train.
inkkognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:11 PM   #71
UmmGooD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkkognito View Post
I tweeted pics of 6690, right above sorcerer mickey. I think you can see them at www.twitter.com/themeparkwriter even if you're not on Twitter. LOVE this room although flag flapping outside sounds like a freight train.
Thanks that is a great balcony!

I would be happy with that.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:18 PM   #72
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:

Is the Flag up all the time? I am on deck 7 right above there, this gives me hope for my verandah LOL!
Old 01-26-2011, 01:28 PM   #73
disdel
Ears? Anyone remember the GEnie boards?

Quote:
Wow, thanks for this and the other great photos, Barb. I may have to get a Twitter account to keep up with you!

Please let us know if the flag stays ( thought it was only flown while in port, but I may be mistaken)

Is that double handrail there to provide a crew walkway on the other side of your verandah wall?

Our friends are booked in that room (6690) for November 10, and we are in 6688. Could you possibly lean around (or sweet talk your neighbors) and get a shot of 6688's verandah (inside would be cool as well)?
TIA,
MAGIC Western Caribbean 10/06/07 WONDER 11/06/08MAGIC Transatlantic 4/10-24, 2010 WONDER in Alaska 6/28/11 DREAM 11/10/11 MAGIC in NYC 6/15/12 FANTASY New Year's Eve 12/28/13 DREAM 1/12/14 MAGIC WBTA 9/6/14 WONDER 10/01/14 - Completing 4 ships in 1 year

and waaaay too many visits to WDW to list (including midnight for the "millenium" - Y2K, bah), but never enough
disdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:48 PM   #74
UmmGooD
DIS Veteran

Here is the verandah picture barb posted
Old 01-26-2011, 01:50 PM   #75
UmmGooD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdel View Post
Is that double handrail there to provide a crew walkway on the other side of your verandah wall?
We think it is due to the fact decks 5 and 6 have walls that tilt out and it would be too easy for a youngster to climb the wall so they put in a secondary rail.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: