Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 04:00 PM   #46
UmmGooD
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 692

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
I see what you mean. I hope my rooms are ok. I have 6190 and 92.
Based on the photo above your room will be at least as deep at the smallest side as the widest part of 5188. So I am guessing your verandah will be at least as deep as your normal side verandah and then get larger as the railing gets towards the middle of the back of the ship. Room 6192 should have an even bigger verandah.
UmmGooD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:23 PM   #47
tink,too
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 4,758

Oh-oh - looks like we will have to change our booking. That balcony is tiny and I am feeling totally unimpressed!
tink,too is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-25-2011, 07:17 PM   #48
CADisneyMom
DIS Veteran
 
CADisneyMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 678

[QUOTE=UmmGooD;39689467]The more I look at the back of the ship I am guessing 5188, 6188, 5688, and 6688 have really small verandahs because of the double rail and their location next to porthole staterooms.]

I so hope that's not true about the smaller balconies since we have 6688 and we specifically booked the aft rooms because they're supposed to have bigger balconies. I would be very disasppointed especially in the price that we paid for it and then to find out that the room next to us has 2x as big of a verandah that we have for the same price would really suck.
__________________
Disney Only Cruiser!
Wonder 2002 Land/Sea Caribbean Beach --- Wonder 2004 DD 13th
Magic 2007 Western Caribbean --- Magic 2009 Eastern Caribbean/WDW DD 18th
Wonder 2011 Cruise to Nowhere --- Dream 2011 Bahamas
CADisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:24 PM   #49
bunny
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Posts: 1,136

Does anyone have any ideas about 9672? I am really concerned now about the balcony being tiny!
bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:47 PM   #50
MichellelovesMickey
Mouseketeer
 
MichellelovesMickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 371

I am in room 6188 and am starting to hyperventilate... I would have gotten a porthole room which was $250.00 cheaper had I known this.... I NEED to see pics of Stateroom 6188.. PLEASE
Trying to decide if I should change or not !!
__________________


ASM-11/2001, WDW-12/2006, ASM-9/2007, POP -9/2008, WL-12/2010, POFQ/WL/BC-12/2011, POFQ-5/2012, BC/Poly/POR 6/2013, CR 1/2014, CR 11/2014, WL 12/2014......more to come

Disney Wonder-12/2010, Disney Dream-12/2011, Disney Dream-6/2013, Disney Magic-1/2014, Disney Dream 11/2014, Disney Fantasy-12/2014.......more to come
MichellelovesMickey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:11 PM   #51
allaboutthemouse
Mouseketeer
 
allaboutthemouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 172

Waiting for pics of 9174 & 9176 too!!!
__________________
allaboutthemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:05 AM   #52
UmmGooD
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 692

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADisneyMom View Post
I so hope that's not true about the smaller balconies since we have 6688 and we specifically booked the aft rooms because they're supposed to have bigger balconies. I would be very disasppointed especially in the price that we paid for it and then to find out that the room next to us has 2x as big of a verandah that we have for the same price would really suck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichellelovesMickey View Post
I am in room 6188 and am starting to hyperventilate... I would have gotten a porthole room which was $250.00 cheaper had I known this.... I NEED to see pics of Stateroom 6188.. PLEASE
Trying to decide if I should change or not !!
I hope for the both of you that the 6th floor has bigger verandahs than the 5th floor. If I were in your shoes and a verandah was available either more center on the AFT or another verandah I would probably change my reservation.
UmmGooD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:05 AM   #53
UmmGooD
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 692

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmmGooD View Post
Based on the photo above your room will be at least as deep at the smallest side as the widest part of 5188. So I am guessing your verandah will be at least as deep as your normal side verandah and then get larger as the railing gets towards the middle of the back of the ship. Room 6192 should have an even bigger verandah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tink,too View Post
Oh-oh - looks like we will have to change our booking. That balcony is tiny and I am feeling totally unimpressed!
I am guessing your verandah is probably big enough for chairs. Unlike 5188.
UmmGooD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:09 AM   #54
UmmGooD
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 692

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunny View Post
Does anyone have any ideas about 9672? I am really concerned now about the balcony being tiny!
From the look of the deck plans your balcony should be decent sized. It isn't next to a porthole window like the corner verandahs on decks 5 and 6. Plus in addition those decks have a double railing which your's doesn't so it probably will have more space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutthemouse View Post
Waiting for pics of 9174 & 9176 too!!!
I know 9176 probably has a wider verandah than the others that are not corner AFT's because it has that extra little area on the deck plans that is 'greyed' out and by the look of the later photos of the back of the ship they gave all that area to the AFT center stateroom. I have 8188 which is the stateroom right below 9176 and I am hoping it is pretty large.

If you have connecting rooms you might be able to get them to remove the divider if possible so you can have an even bigger verandah.
UmmGooD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:20 AM   #55
Henlady
DIS Veteran
 
Henlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 1,657

One of our fellow cruisemates for the May 22 cruise posted some pictures of the aft of the dream verandah's. If you look at page 47 of the "Dream: May 22, 2011" post #701 on the Cruise Meets Thread, you can see enlarged picture.
And YES, they do finally have the dividers installed between the verandahs back there.

Stateroom 6688 verandah looks to be of a more normal size. We are in 6690.

It appears that the other tiny wedge shaped verandah on deck 5 aft is 5688(?).

If I booked 5688 and ended up with that tiny verandah I would definately be upset. I agree that DCL needs to downgrade the category of that room.
__________________
WDW:1976,1982,1986,1988,1990,1992,1993,1994,1995, 1996,1997,1999,2001,2002,2004,2005,2006(X2),2007, 2008,2009,2010,2011(X2), 2013
WONDER: 10/2005, 11/2007, 5/2010, DREAM: 5/2011, 11/2011, DVC Member Cruise 9/29/13, MAGIC 5 Nights to Canada 9/2/2012, FANTASY: 7 Night Western 4/27/13, Dream DD 11/10/14

Last edited by Henlady; 01-26-2011 at 10:27 AM. Reason: content
Henlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:29 AM   #56
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!
 
disneymagicgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 3,952

still no new pics?
__________________
MeDH,DD15,DS6 DS4
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC, 11/15 YC
disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:32 AM   #57
TDWZ
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
We chose 9674 over the deck 10 aft cabins due to the overhang from Deck 11. Can't wait to see pics of it since won't be in it until 2012 on the Fantasy!!!
What am I missing? Looking at a side view of the boat, the overhang looks the same to me as any others.
TDWZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:45 AM   #58
UmmGooD
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 692

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDWZ View Post
What am I missing? Looking at a side view of the boat, the overhang looks the same to me as any others.
I think the concern is because on the Magic and Wonder when they would hose off the decks of the deck above those rooms it makes a mess in the verandahs. I believe the Dream has more overhang so it might be less of an issue.
UmmGooD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:49 AM   #59
UmmGooD
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 692

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henlady View Post
One of our fellow cruisemates for the May 22 cruise posted some pictures of the aft of the dream verandah's. If you look at page 47 of the "Dream: May 22, 2011" post #701 on the Cruise Meets Thread, you can see enlarged picture.
And YES, they do finally have the dividers installed between the verandahs back there.

Stateroom 6688 verandah looks to be of a more normal size. We are in 6690.

It appears that the other tiny wedge shaped verandah on deck 5 aft is 5688(?).

If I booked 5688 and ended up with that tiny verandah I would definately be upset. I agree that DCL needs to downgrade the category of that room.
Thanks those are some awesome photos!

The 6th deck verandahs look good! Just the corner 5th deck are a problem.

Here are the photos referred to above (you can also see where the dividers open.)



I am excited about 8188 the verandah looks pretty large.
UmmGooD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:52 AM   #60
UmmGooD
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 692

Oh and due to the slope of the back it looks like 10 has the deepest verandahs then 9 next followed by 8 and 7 which look the same size. I think deck 6's might be deeper than 7 and 8.
UmmGooD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: