Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-2011, 08:21 PM   #31
UmmGooD
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 692

Quote:
Originally Posted by binab View Post
How funny! I THOUGHT I had 8188 on hold for that exact sailing, but when I went to make my deposit, I saw that it was March 4th I'd held it for. ARGH! The bad thing is, everytime I looked at that sailing (for the first few days of the hold anyway), it kept showing 8188 as available, which totally perplexed me. I've been checking everyday hoping whomever grabbed it was just thinking about it; guess I'll quit watching for it to open up now. Incidently, we JUST snagged the room directly above you for that sailing, cabin 9176. We'll try to keep the noise down.
That is a bummer. I'll let you know if for any reason we have to back out of the cruise. I hope we don't but if not we'll have to say hi while we are on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDreamer View Post
We are in 8188 the last of Feb. I'll post some pics.
Thanks!!!

We Texans must all have the same taste in rooms
UmmGooD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:37 PM   #32
Juls2989
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDreamer View Post
We are in 8188 the last of Feb. I'll post some pics.
Thanks soo much!!! That would be awesome!!
__________________
Juls2989 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-23-2011, 09:19 PM   #33
m&m's mom
Waiting for the waterless cruise
I really am quite evil
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Flower Mound, TX
Posts: 5,762

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmmGooD View Post
That is a bummer. I'll let you know if for any reason we have to back out of the cruise. I hope we don't but if not we'll have to say hi while we are on board.



Thanks!!!

We Texans must all have the same taste in rooms
This Texan will be in an aft cabin in 2012. I am in a regular verandah cabin on my June 2011 5 night so if no pictures by then I will knock on a strangers door and ask to take pictures of their room and verandah.
__________________
m&m's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:25 PM   #34
FortWorthLeonardFam
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 20

We are all going to be in the same area!

Quote:
Originally Posted by binab View Post
How funny! I THOUGHT I had 8188 on hold for that exact sailing, but when I went to make my deposit, I saw that it was March 4th I'd held it for. ARGH! The bad thing is, everytime I looked at that sailing (for the first few days of the hold anyway), it kept showing 8188 as available, which totally perplexed me. I've been checking everyday hoping whomever grabbed it was just thinking about it; guess I'll quit watching for it to open up now. Incidently, we JUST snagged the room directly above you for that sailing, cabin 9176. We'll try to keep the noise down.

Hey guys,

We looked at 10662 or 9674 but decided on a starboard side/ aft view on the corner at 9668. That gives us a great view of Castaway Cay while backing into port there. That was my main reason and not knowing if the main aft balconies would have good view while sitting down or not. They didn't show the corner ones to be available at our time of booking which seem to have larger verandah's but may be reserved for handicap access. Can't wait til March 13, 2012!
FortWorthLeonardFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:45 PM   #35
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!
 
Silverfox97's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)
Posts: 6,149

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortWorthLeonardFam View Post
Hey guys,

We looked at 10662 or 9674 but decided on a starboard side/ aft view on the corner at 9668. That gives us a great view of Castaway Cay while backing into port there. That was my main reason and not knowing if the main aft balconies would have good view while sitting down or not. They didn't show the corner ones to be available at our time of booking which seem to have larger verandah's but may be reserved for handicap access. Can't wait til March 13, 2012!
We chose 9674 over the deck 10 aft cabins due to the overhang from Deck 11. Can't wait to see pics of it since won't be in it until 2012 on the Fantasy!!!
__________________
Emily Scott Isabelle Tiger Bogey Zoe Singer Brutus
PLATINUM DCL Cruisers~ WDW Annual passholders since September 2007!

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:49 PM   #36
UmmGooD
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 692

I think they should reserve the Aft verandahs for Texans since we all seem to like them.

On another note here is a tiny aft verandah. I am guessing it is 5188 so don't book this one.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...23239874367322
UmmGooD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:57 PM   #37
CherylSue
Mouseketeer
 
CherylSue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 271

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmmGooD View Post
I think they should reserve the Aft verandahs for Texans since we all seem to like them.

On another note here is a tiny aft verandah. I am guessing it is 5188 so don't book this one.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...23239874367322
Ooooooooo! can you copy and post the picture! I can't access Facebook at work and I really want to see!
__________________
Wonder ~ December 5, 2010 Dream ~ February 12, 2012 Dream ~ February 10, 2013

DH - Sean Me - Cheryl DD(15) - Victoria



CherylSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:07 PM   #38
binab
Mouseketeer
 
binab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: N. Texas
Posts: 318

Yikes, that is tiny! Would not be impressed by that...

We selected the center aft for the extra width of the balcony - based on the photos seen here on the dis.

Edited to add:
Wow, she also has picts of the 8A rooms. Looks nice and spacious... enticing.
__________________
Mar. 2014 - DCL Magic
Nov. 2013 - BWV / AoA - Wine & Dine Half Marathon!
June 2012 - BLT
Mar. 2012 - HarryPotterWorld followed by the DCL Dream (10th cruise, but first time on DCL)
Nov. 2010 - POP
Aug. 2009 - BCV
1987 - Offsite
and Disneyland too many times to count.

Last edited by binab; 01-25-2011 at 02:21 PM.
binab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:27 PM   #39
UmmGooD
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 692

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylSue View Post
Ooooooooo! can you copy and post the picture! I can't access Facebook at work and I really want to see!
Hopefully this works:
UmmGooD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:29 PM   #40
UmmGooD
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 692

Here is the inside of the room looking out.

I am guessing it is deck 5 because of the double railing.
UmmGooD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:31 PM   #41
CherylSue
Mouseketeer
 
CherylSue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 271

Thank you! Thank you!

GASP! I REALLY don't want that balcony! I hope the other 6B rooms aren't like that! I have #7690 booked....I would be really upset!
__________________
Wonder ~ December 5, 2010 Dream ~ February 12, 2012 Dream ~ February 10, 2013

DH - Sean Me - Cheryl DD(15) - Victoria



CherylSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:37 PM   #42
Spectrum
Mouseketeer
 
Spectrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 132

It was posted that these are category 6A, not 6B
Spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:42 PM   #43
UmmGooD
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 692

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
It was posted that these are category 6A, not 6B
I saw that too but I think they were incorrect when they posted 6A. The reason is all 6A's are on Decks 8-10. 6B's are decks 5-7. If you see the interior shot of this room you'll notice a double railing. Those double railings are on AFT verandahs on decks 5 and 6 because the railing on the edge of the ship tilt OUT so they have an extra vertical railing to prevent people from climbing the railing. Decks 7-10 have railings that point inwards. That means this room is either deck 5 or 6 and is a 6B. I am guessing it is 5188 based on the deck plans showing that room has the smallest verandah. If it is deck 6 then I couldn't imagine how small 5188 would be because it would be even smaller.

The more I look at the back of the ship I am guessing 5188, 6188, 5688, and 6688 have really small verandahs because of the double rail and their location next to porthole staterooms.

Look at this photo:
UmmGooD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:56 PM   #44
Spectrum
Mouseketeer
 
Spectrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 132

I see what you mean. I hope my rooms are ok. I have 6190 and 92.
Spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:59 PM   #45
HallsofVA
DIS Veteran
 
HallsofVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Herndon, VA
Posts: 4,410

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmmGooD View Post
I saw that too but I think they were incorrect when they posted 6A. The reason is all 6A's are on Decks 8-10. 6B's are decks 5-7. If you see the interior shot of this room you'll notice a double railing. Those double railings are on AFT verandahs on decks 5 and 6 because the railing on the edge of the ship tilt OUT so they have an extra vertical railing to prevent people from climbing the railing. Decks 7-10 have railings that point inwards. That means this room is either deck 5 or 6 and is a 6B. I am guessing it is 5188 based on the deck plans showing that room has the smallest verandah. If it is deck 6 then I couldn't imagine how small 5188 would be because it would be even smaller.

The more I look at the back of the ship I am guessing 5188, 6188, 5688, and 6688 have really small verandahs because of the double rail and their location next to porthole staterooms.

Look at this photo:
Great analysis! My sense is that the verandah are smallest on the deck 5 rooms, since that is the smallest size deck on the aft part of the ship, which you can see from that picture. The deck 6 verandahs stick out a bit further than deck 5.
__________________
Next Stop - 08/17/13 Med Cruise
Previous Stops -11/17/12 Fantasy Thanksgiving Eastern to San Juan; 3/31/12 Fantasy MV; 8/21-26/11 WDW Poly;08/16/11 5-nt Dreamy Double-Dip!;8/13-16/11 Universal;09/18/10 14-nt WB Transatlantic; 1/10/10-1/14/10 Bahamas, 1/6/10-1/09/10 AKL, 12/12/09 Western (Cat 3 upgrade); 12/06/08 Eastern (upgraded to the Roy Suite!); 12/03/05 Western (upgrade to Cat 3)
Dream/Fantasy Special Rooms Thread
HallsofVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: