Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2011, 12:07 PM   #1
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Two Delicious Birthdays-Version 2011-10 Days of Yum 5/5-5/14 - Tutto / Yak n Yeti!

Heyyyyy. So Deena and David are going back for their birthdays again!! I know that I totally failed on my November report The holidays got crazy and I'm still working 2 jobs... so time just got away from me. I'm thinking of reviving it because I really want to share how awesome it was!! Planning for a wedding has captivated my time as well. I also went in March for 4 days with my mom. We went for the Bridal Showcase at the Grand Floridian and did the DxDDP--she loved every meal we had!! I didn't want to freak her out by taking pictures of food

So we're headed there next week! We arrive at Saratoga Springs in a studio for 2 nights (May 5-7), then we move over to Kidani in a One Bedroom for 7 nights (May 7-14). I didn't really love Kidani in March, but I booked them both at the same time (thought I'd love it based on reviews) and I kind of regret it--just too far away Hopefully the One Bedroom Savanna View makes it better. The first 2 nights we're going out of pocket and the last 7 we're going DxDDP!! We have lots of new places on the agenda and I got to thinking... since they're new, I'll want pictures--and I should do another review!! Summer is less busy for me, so I promise I'll follow through!!

So here's the agenda:

((Updated 5/15))

Thursday
Lunch: Me-Cookes of Dublin Him-Earl of Sandwich - Turns into TURF CLUB
(Then I go to the Spa, he goes to DisneyQuest)
Dinner: Ohana

Friday
Lunch: Somewhere in Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach - Turns into EARL of SANDWICH
Dinner: Turf Club (NEW FOR US) - Turns into SHULA'S

Saturday
Lunch: Rose and Crown (NEW FOR US)
(Then DisMeet in France!)
Dinner: Captain's Grille (our favorite 1TS meal) - Turns into TUTTO ITALIA

Sunday
Lunch: Yak n Yeti
Dinner: California Grill (the man must have his spicy kazan roll)
"4th Meal" Pizza from Gasparilla's

Monday
Lunch: Via Napoli (NEW FOR US)
Dinner: Citricos
(Then witnessing of a Dis-Engagement! See the Theme Park board for details!)
Snack at Casey's

Tuesday
Lunch: The Plaza (NEW FOR US) - Turns into LOTTAWATTA LODGE
Dinner: The Wave (NEW FOR US)
"4th Meal" Cookes of Dublin

Wednesday
Breakfast: Hollywood and Vine (hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog!)
Lunch: Nine Dragons - Turns into SAN ANGEL INN
Dinner: Yachtsman (absolute favorite meal)

Thursday
Lunch: San Angel Inn (love) - Turns into WHISPERING CANYON
Dinner: Cape May Cafe - Changed to Captain's Grille, then back to Cape May, lol!

Friday
Breakfast: Kona - DIDN'T MAKE IT... SO SLEEPY!
Lunch: Coral Reef (NEW TO US)
Dinner: Grand Floridian Cafe (This has changed 6 times... from Raglan Road, Narcoossee's, Hoop de Doo, Sci-Fi, Tony's, now to GFC ) Who knows where we'll end up with this one. We like GFC for lunch so it's probably a pretty safe bet we'll stay... but that's his birthday so he picks. We ended up at FLYING FISH CAFE!

Saturday
Lunch: Brown Derby (haven't been since I was in a stroller... so NEW) - Turned into Pizza Planet AND Backlot Express
Departure

So there it is. Who's with me?? Looks like lots of Dis'ers will be there so if you see us... say hello! I have new dark red hair so ignore the platinum in my previous threads and avatar I still have lots to do before we leave and my only night off is Sunday... my birthday... and we're going to BeniHana! So basically I have zero time to get ready and we're 6 days away Maybe David can help clean for the doggy sitter and help pack I shouldn't hold my breath

Look at this ticker!! So Close!!

Last edited by LuvLuvLuv; 06-12-2011 at 09:11 PM.
LuvLuvLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:09 PM   #2
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Am I first? YAY!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2011, 12:17 PM   #3
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Yay! Oh and I'm starting to get the hang of drinking! I'm turning 28 on Sunday and just found a couple wines I like... so watch out Epcot!! When my mom and I went, I had the white sangria at Ohana... that was good too! I really don't like the taste of alcohol, but I'm trying to learn so I don't fall over on my wedding day So there may be some booozy pictures too!
Old 04-29-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Can you tell I am stalking the dining boards? With my trip less than 3 weeks away and no ressies I am going nuts!

I cannot get into wine but I love hard liquor LOL Dh is slowly getting into the wine thing, started with the sparkling and now is in the whites.

You guys will have a great time! DH's b-day is the 14th so we will be celebrating it a few days late
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:28 PM   #5
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Can you tell I am stalking the dining boards?
Count me in too! And I also have been spending way too much time on the boards when I should by working. With only 13 days until our trip, I find that it is nearly impossible for me to stay away from here!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:32 AM   #6
athenna
DIS Veteran

I've been waiting a long time for a new, really, cool tag..., but I was hit by a drive by tagging instead!

I always enjoy your reports! I'm in

I got engaged 1/24/10 in Epcot
athenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:23 PM   #7
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Im here and super excited!!! I need to get hungry for Disney food because we leave in 33 days! BUt when am I not hungry for Disney food???

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:20 AM   #8
lizzyshakuntala
Earning My Ears

I'm in!!!

DH36 Me29 3 y/o twins DS-M DS-D

*07/1988 GF*
*03/1994 Disneyland Hotel at DLP*
*07/1996 Disneyland Hotel at DLP*
*12/2009, 07/2010, 03/2011 Hong Kong Disneyland*
*11/2011 POR and WL*
*01/2013 Disney's Hollywood Hotel at HKDL*

lizzyshakuntala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:28 AM   #9
loganpaulsmom
DIS Veteran

I am in and i will be hopefully doing a dining review as well.. (different restaurants too).. Also, just wanted you to know that I will be there for the DIS meet in Epcot.. Can't wait..
loganpaulsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:41 AM   #10
luckypup
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
And I also have been spending way too much time on the boards when I should by working. With only 13 days until our trip, I find that it is nearly impossible for me to stay away from here!
I hear that!
BWI 5/11
POR 5/13

luckypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #11
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

I'll be there at the end of your trip- we'll be wandering around EPCOT when you are at lunch on Friday- so if you see me, please say hi!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:29 PM   #12
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Can you tell I am stalking the dining boards? With my trip less than 3 weeks away and no ressies I am going nuts!

I cannot get into wine but I love hard liquor LOL Dh is slowly getting into the wine thing, started with the sparkling and now is in the whites.

You guys will have a great time! DH's b-day is the 14th so we will be celebrating it a few days late
I've been stalking pretty bad too. The work on my desk is piling up I'm starting with sparklings too!! Yesterday for my birthday I had a glass of Moscato!! I'm trying!!! I am in love with Rosa Regale that they have in Italy!! I bet your DH would love it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Count me in too! And I also have been spending way too much time on the boards when I should by working. With only 13 days until our trip, I find that it is nearly impossible for me to stay away from here!
it's soooooo addicting!! thanks for joining!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenna View Post
I always enjoy your reports! I'm in
thanks and welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Im here and super excited!!! I need to get hungry for Disney food because we leave in 33 days! BUt when am I not hungry for Disney food???
I compare our every meal to something in Disney. I think it's an illness, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyshakuntala View Post
I'm in!!!
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganpaulsmom View Post
I am in and i will be hopefully doing a dining review as well.. (different restaurants too).. Also, just wanted you to know that I will be there for the DIS meet in Epcot.. Can't wait..
Awesome... I look like my avatar, but with dark red hair Still a foot shorter than my fiance, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypup View Post
I hear that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
I'll be there at the end of your trip- we'll be wandering around EPCOT when you are at lunch on Friday- so if you see me, please say hi!
Sounds great!! Say hi if you see us too!!

---------

3 days to go!! I'm not packed We ended up at the Olive Garden for my birthday because we heard downtown was a mess this weekend. I got food poisoning My day job got me a Chocolate Mousse Cake and I'm sitting here staring at it. I have chocolate delish here and all I want is a chicken wing from Ohana. I really am a little Disney-Food crazy!! Thanks for joining in!!
Old 05-02-2011, 03:29 PM   #13
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

HEY!! I don't know how I just found this. SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!!!! How cool that you'll be there for the dis-engagement! Your ticker is amazing! Love that you're starting to partake in the alcohol more! Try the peach snap in China. It's a slushie, yummy drink packed with booze and you don't even taste it! Psyched to hear about H+V breakfast since we are doing that for the first time. Also looking forward to Via Napoli (still deciding between VN and Tokyo Dining for lunch). Have a magical trip!!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #14
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Count me in!
Old 05-04-2011, 11:11 AM   #15
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
HEY!! I don't know how I just found this. SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!!!! How cool that you'll be there for the dis-engagement! Your ticker is amazing! Love that you're starting to partake in the alcohol more! Try the peach snap in China. It's a slushie, yummy drink packed with booze and you don't even taste it! Psyched to hear about H+V breakfast since we are doing that for the first time. Also looking forward to Via Napoli (still deciding between VN and Tokyo Dining for lunch). Have a magical trip!!
we leave tomorrow i'm excited to try some drinks i'm curious about via napoli... i've heard good and bad-- so i'll be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Count me in!
yay!!

So we leave tomorrow. It wouldn't be a trip if I didn't want to make a last minute change. I normally ignore the restaurant.com emails that come in because I have tons that I bought and never used for $2. For some reason, yesterday's email spoke to me. It said... Deena, you are always on the dining plan, this time, you have 2 days without the dining plan.... you need to try Shula's. So I slapped it in the shopping cart, applied the coupon code and apparently we're going to Shula's, lol. I still want to try Turf Club, but maybe we'll go there for lunch or something. I always see debates about Yachtsman vs Shula's and I want to put this one to rest too I know $25 is nothing compared to their pricing, but it's almost like covering the tip. I was also looking at their real website and saw a picture of their crabcake It looks amazing--must have it. How does everyone feel about this switch-er-roo?? Good choice??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: