Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 11:04 PM   #16
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,041

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
I'm on board! We ate at the BBQ when we were there a couple of weeks ago, and it was dee-lish!!!
Well Hi there!!

I am thrilled to hear that. I am bringing a deck of cards because we need them while we wait at the Golden Horseshoe. I need to see the Billy's. That will be added later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Just checked out the hotel

Looks very nice
Thanks Kelly it did to me too. Especially at that price.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:04 PM   #17
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar
 
Trentmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32,584

BBQ restaurant looks good. mmmm
__________________
"Sharky", RESIDENT LIFER
Trentmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-19-2011, 11:06 PM   #18
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,041

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
BBQ restaurant looks good. mmmm
It does doesn't it? I am looking forward to it.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:14 PM   #19
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,154

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Thank you Brett!! I am really looking forward to it. This trip is a little bit off beat for me. We are going to eat at places I don't normally because there are normally six of us.
This will be a good time to try some nice restaurants with your friend. I saw that you are going to eat at BTR BBQ, I would assume that you are going to try other restaurants on property? Hope it won't be crowded and do everything you and your friend want to do

You will like the Ayres Hotel. I have stayed at the Ayres hotel and it is very nice. The room is very nice and I mostly like the full breakfast. The only thing I don't like about the hotel is that it is not close to DL and have to take a bus or drive a car to the parking lot. But overall, you will enjoy the hotel and the room.
__________________
(Disneyland Premium Pass Holder & D23 Charter Member)
First All in One Disneyland TR Thread on one thread

The New 2nd All in One Disneyland TR Thread

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

Pictures of my Trip to the DLR on June 23rd to 25th, 2014

Videos of my Disney Trips on Youtube

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 01-19-2011 at 11:25 PM.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:39 PM   #20
FlameGirl
I kind of wonder if it is because of a certain expectation
I'd say go for it!
 
FlameGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,615

Awesome, Michele!

You'll be there at the same time as me!
FlameGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:41 PM   #21
FlameGirl
I kind of wonder if it is because of a certain expectation
I'd say go for it!
 
FlameGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,615

Also, you should join the Feb thread.
FlameGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:58 PM   #22
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,041

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
This will be a good time to try some nice restaurants with your friend. I saw that you are going to eat at BTR BBQ, I would assume that you are going to try other restaurants on property? Hope it won't be crowded and do everything you and your friend want to do

You will like the Ayres Hotel. I have stayed at the Ayres hotel and it is very nice. The room is very nice and I mostly like the full breakfast. The only thing I don't like about the hotel is that it is not close to DL and have to take a bus or drive a car to the parking lot. But overall, you will enjoy the hotel and the room.

That was my thought, we don't normally as I said because there are so many of us. BTR BBQ was not as high on my list as it was on D's, but I figure I can give on that. Normally we do counter meals, and therefor picking places that I have to reserve made a huge difference.

Thank you so much with the news about the Ayre's Hotel. It looks wonderful especially at the price that they offer it. I don't mind parking in the parking lot so much. I am not a fan of ART, we rode it in June when we stayed at Stovall's. Although I did not like it I have to give ART it's due. My mom is in her 70's and she got tired one of the days and wanted to leave early so she rode ART back, when the driver didn't recognize her so she wanted make sure that she was getting on the right bus. I thought that was something that was over and above.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:03 AM   #23
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,041

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameGirl View Post
Awesome, Michele!

You'll be there at the same time as me!
I didn't even realize that! That is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameGirl View Post
Also, you should join the Feb thread.
I have thought about it but the last piece didn't fall into place until today so I will join it tomorrow Kathy!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:06 AM   #24
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,154

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
That was my thought, we don't normally as I said because there are so many of us. BTR BBQ was not as high on my list as it was on D's, but I figure I can give on that. Normally we do counter meals, and therefor picking places that I have to reserve made a huge difference.

Thank you so much with the news about the Ayre's Hotel. It looks wonderful especially at the price that they offer it. I don't mind parking in the parking lot so much. I am not a fan of ART, we rode it in June when we stayed at Stovall's. Although I did not like it I have to give ART it's due. My mom is in her 70's and she got tired one of the days and wanted to leave early so she rode ART back, when the driver didn't recognize her so she wanted make sure that she was getting on the right bus. I thought that was something that was over and above.
Just like you Michelle, I do the same thing and mostly do counter service instead of eating at sit down restaurants at any of the resorts. I can easily save a lot of money by eating at the counter restaurants or eating off-site like at McDonalds, Mimi's, etc. But I like to eat at least one sit down restaurant, mostly I eat at the ESPN Zone at least once a trip.

I am not a huge fan of the ART system, they don't run too many buses on each of the lines and it can take up to 30 minutes for a bus to return to the hotel or DL bus parking lot.

Here are some pics of the Ayres hotel room that I stayed during June 09




__________________
(Disneyland Premium Pass Holder & D23 Charter Member)
First All in One Disneyland TR Thread on one thread

The New 2nd All in One Disneyland TR Thread

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

Pictures of my Trip to the DLR on June 23rd to 25th, 2014

Videos of my Disney Trips on Youtube
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:36 AM   #25
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,041

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Just like you Michelle, I do the same thing and mostly do counter service instead of eating at sit down restaurants at any of the resorts. I can easily save a lot of money by eating at the counter restaurants or eating off-site like at McDonalds, Mimi's, etc. But I like to eat at least one sit down restaurant, mostly I eat at the ESPN Zone at least once a trip.

I am not a huge fan of the ART system, they don't run too many buses on each of the lines and it can take up to 30 minutes for a bus to return to the hotel or DL bus parking lot.

Here are some pics of the Ayres hotel room that I stayed during June 09




Oh wow Brett thank you for posting those pictures. They make me feel even better about the Ayre's. As I am sure you know so many times the pictures that the hotels put on their websites look nothing like the actual room does. I think that they have put up some pretty accurate pictures. I am guilty of not wanting to try different hotels because I don't know what they are like so I am going out of the box on this one.

You are right that they don't run enough buses. I am always afraid that I will be left behind and not get on the last bus of the night. That would not be a fun experience. I can hardly wait to show D your pictures of the hotel. Thanks again for those.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:00 AM   #26
PrincessMaleficent
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 1,203

Never fear for I am here.
PrincessMaleficent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:05 AM   #27
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,041

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMaleficent View Post
Never fear for I am here.
Yay!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:13 AM   #28
PrincessMaleficent
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 1,203

Woot Woot!
PrincessMaleficent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:24 AM   #29
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,041

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMaleficent View Post
Woot Woot!
Everybody loves a party!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:30 AM   #30
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,154

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Oh wow Brett thank you for posting those pictures. They make me feel even better about the Ayre's. As I am sure you know so many times the pictures that the hotels put on their websites look nothing like the actual room does. I think that they have put up some pretty accurate pictures. I am guilty of not wanting to try different hotels because I don't know what they are like so I am going out of the box on this one.

You are right that they don't run enough buses. I am always afraid that I will be left behind and not get on the last bus of the night. That would not be a fun experience. I can hardly wait to show D your pictures of the hotel. Thanks again for those.
NP You are right about that the main websites for the hotels don't show the most updated rooms and we get to see the nice rooms from the DISers. You will like the Ayres hotel and the atmosphere is very nice. It is a perfect hotel to stay if you are going to a baseball (MLB Angels) or hockey game (NHL Ducks).

I read that the ART buses will stop running after one hour the park closes. I would say the same thing that it would not be fun if you can't get on the last bus and your hotel is at the Ayres. Your welcome and hope u and D like the hotel next month.
__________________
(Disneyland Premium Pass Holder & D23 Charter Member)
First All in One Disneyland TR Thread on one thread

The New 2nd All in One Disneyland TR Thread

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

Pictures of my Trip to the DLR on June 23rd to 25th, 2014

Videos of my Disney Trips on Youtube
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.