Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2011, 07:55 PM   #1
saysay
DIS Veteran

Fuelbelt vs Spibelt vs Fitness belt....

I am going to be a packrat I have decided on the Princess race and need a belt for my stuff....phone, camera, gels, lip stuff, room key, ID. I have an armband for my ipod, so good with that LOL.

I wear a water belt during my long runs, but don't need it on the race...besides its doesn't hold all my stuff...been relying on my jacket or vest pockets. Thinking it MIGHT be too hot to wear them in the race, sooooo looking at belts.

Any pro's cons or things that have made you like one vs the other.

I have never had issues with my water belt, its a NAthan with the big water bottle at an angle on my back. So sure the belt will be fine, just so many choices!

Disneyland - 2009 Sheraton, 2010 Candy Cane Inn, 2012 Grand Californian
WDW - 2010, 2011, 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011, 2012 The Swan, 2012 POFQ, 2013 POR, Sheraton Vistana, 2014 POR, CR, AKL
saysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #2
FFigawi
DIS Veteran

I've never liked wearing a belt unless I'm doing a long trail run. That said, all of us coaches for our marathon training team had to get belts this year to carry a phone, first aid supplies, etc., in case an emergency happened during one of our long runs. Most of us bought one of these belts from Fuel Belt. They're big enough for a phone, five gels, and our first aid stuff. Wearing them against the small of your back really keeps them from bouncing around.

John
FFigawi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2011, 08:05 PM   #3
saysay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFigawi View Post
I've never liked wearing a belt unless I'm doing a long trail run. That said, all of us coaches for our marathon training team had to get belts this year to carry a phone, first aid supplies, etc., in case an emergency happened during one of our long runs. Most of us bought one of these belts from Fuel Belt. They're big enough for a phone, five gels, and our first aid stuff. Wearing them against the small of your back really keeps them from bouncing around.
Thanks John....that is kind of like how my water belt is..and it doesnt' bother me until its half empty then the slosh noise drives me nuts, but sits in the small of my back like that one. Appreciate the feedback.

Disneyland - 2009 Sheraton, 2010 Candy Cane Inn, 2012 Grand Californian
WDW - 2010, 2011, 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011, 2012 The Swan, 2012 POFQ, 2013 POR, Sheraton Vistana, 2014 POR, CR, AKL
saysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:19 PM   #4
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

I like the spibelt. I don't carry much...ipod and house key. On long runs I use a hand held (12 oz amphipod) with a pouch for my sports beans. I tend to be a minimalist.
spibelt.com free shipping ship09

joan4mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:23 PM   #5
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

I just bought an ifitness belt to use for the January marathon. Normally I run with the original fuel belt during my long runs, but I didn't need the water/gatorade during the marathon. So I got the ifitness belt and I loved it! I bought the two pouch one and it held my phone, my camera, my mp3 player plus a couple of gels. I wore it on my right hip and it didn't bother me at all. No bouncing around, but it did slide a bit. Not as much as the fuelbelt slides on me though. (I think if you are hippier than it will slide more.) Nothing ever slides on my DH, but he has no hips.
dismagiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:42 PM   #6
disneyaway
Mouseketeer

I have spibelt which I used for the first time this weekend. It held my car key, Gu packets, and two packets worth of sport beans. It really didn't move at all so that was good. The only thing I didn't like was that it got wet because of the rain. So my beans, which were loose in the pouch, got wet and sticky. And it worries me, then how my phone would hold up.
But I don't know if the other belts are made of different material...
disneyaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:32 AM   #7
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

I have all three! And wore each of them for each of the half marathons I've done!

My favorite, by far, is the iFitness double pouch!!! LOVE the separate pockets. One for my camera, one for my iPhone. And then there is an internal slip pocket inside one of them to put id, room key, etc. And I looped my clif shots onto the belt part. It did not slip and slide or bounce. My Spibelt and Fuelbelt do both!
liznboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #8
johde
DIS Veteran

For my 2 half marathons, I used a fanny pack. It's hunter orange.
The advantages:
- Lots of room. I can carry 2 20oz water bottles in the main pocket and still have the front pockets for kleenex, poncho, Moleskins, Gel Blasts, etc.

- Long waist strap. It's designed for hunters and would probably fit a 60" waist.

- It was cheap, I paid under $5.00 on clearance for it.

- Double as an extra safety device on my back so people can see me.

The distadvantages
- It does bounce with I run.

- If I don't get it snug enough (fairly tight) when I start to run I suck my gut in a little bit and it can slip.

You can see pictures of it in my finish line pictures from Cleveland. Being big I've had to think outside the box at time with my running equipment.

Good luck on deciding what to carry. All in all I like and will keep using it for the time being.

Several Trips off site and at Grandma house going back to 1976
Dec 2002 OKW; Dec 2003 OKW; Sept 2004 BWV&OKW; Dec 2005 OKW Sept 2006 BWV: Sept 2007 BWV & AKV
Dec 2009 AKV & BWV: Sept 2011 VCG and the Disneyland Half Marathon: Jan 2013 OKW and AKV New years at Disney. Jan. 2015 AKV/ Cabana Bay?
johde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:02 PM   #9
Minnie Lor
I feel that same comaraderie

I've just been stuffing stuff in my pockets but now you've got me thinking. Like the idea of putting my race number on there and not having to worry about which layer will be my final layer.

Oct '99: CSR via SOG ~ May '02: CR via SOG ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Pop for MouseFest ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~
Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop for DIS-A-Palooza ~ Sep '10: Solo @ Pop ~ May '11: AKV for 15th Anniversary ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney
Minnie Lor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:20 PM   #10
Honeibee
Lives in Fear of Sweeps
There isn't ANYTHING you can't find out on the Dis

I have an AmphiPod and love the versatility of it. It has two pouches (one zip, one Velcro) and two water bottles. I can take everything off it or not, depending on my needs. It also has a small place to slip a key right in the belt itself.

As a side note, when I first got it, I was having trouble getting the bottles back in. So I called AmphiPod and discussed it with them and they sent me two slightly smaller bottles, no charge. They work great!

Last edited by Honeibee; 01-20-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Honeibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:49 PM   #11
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

I am with John, a very minimalist runner.....

I run with a number belt with loops for gels. If an unsupported race I will run with a Flashflow from Camelback. If just needing a spot for room key or salt tabs then I use a freebie fanny pack
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:15 PM   #12
Honeibee
Lives in Fear of Sweeps
There isn't ANYTHING you can't find out on the Dis

I really need something on long training runs, rather than races. I like to bring my phone with me and of course my own water.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: