Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2011, 08:03 PM   #106
emilodious
Earning My Ears
 
emilodious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 17

Great update! Can't wait to read the rest!!
emilodious is offline  
Old 01-28-2011, 08:14 PM   #107
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh
 
Tinkermom76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 3,007

great update! I still hven't seen any of the shows at the Christmas party... oh well for another trip

I am so gld you guys nd TnT were having such great time!!!
__________________
GAWRSH!!!!!!!

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)


May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Tinkermom76 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-28-2011, 08:26 PM   #108
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
 
brookelizabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,170

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post






Wonderful update! I LOVE those Christmas fireworks and that parade. And the Castle lighting always makes me cry too. I want to go back this December sooooooo bad!

How very awesome that someone was up there watching from the Castle! I'm totally jealous.....!

Beautiful, beautiful shot of the Castle!

We've gotten that chocolate chip ice cream sandwich from the Main Street Bakery as well. I didn't realize they were also available at Sleepy Hollow, good to know! Aren't they divine? YUM!
__________________
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline  
Old 01-28-2011, 08:31 PM   #109
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy
 
All7OfUs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Salem, OR; formerly from Crapistan- Really!!
Posts: 13,089

Tracy, that picture of the castle is just beautiful!! Really, and for them to have "cleaned it up" was so neat!! I wonder if you "agreed" that they could use it- and if so, I'm sure they will!!

I am just tickled that you 2 couples are having so much fun together! It was fun watching you get to "know each other" before you all went; so this makes it more neat to see how it all unfolded.

I love to see how comfortable TnT seem to be with helping Bill and just being around his disability as well. From lifting and eating and all, it's just great to see that you all are so comfortable in all those areas that vacationing together seem to bring.
__________________

All7OfUs is offline  
Old 01-28-2011, 08:39 PM   #110
oregonmommyof2
DIS Veteran
 
oregonmommyof2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,119

Awesome update!!

I better get my butt in gear, you are ahead of me by a few days...
oregonmommyof2 is offline  
Old 01-28-2011, 08:44 PM   #111
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!
 
mrsksomeday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 7,639

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilodious View Post
Great update! Can't wait to read the rest!!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
great update! I still hven't seen any of the shows at the Christmas party... oh well for another trip

I am so gld you guys nd TnT were having such great time!!!
The shows were fun, TnT are da bomb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Wonderful update! I LOVE those Christmas fireworks and that parade. And the Castle lighting always makes me cry too. I want to go back this December sooooooo bad!

How very awesome that someone was up there watching from the Castle! I'm totally jealous.....!

Beautiful, beautiful shot of the Castle!

We've gotten that chocolate chip ice cream sandwich from the Main Street Bakery as well. I didn't realize they were also available at Sleepy Hollow, good to know! Aren't they divine? YUM!
The Christmas party is one of our favorite things ever. It shocked me that I saw someone up there in the Castle. Yes, those are yummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Tracy, that picture of the castle is just beautiful!! Really, and for them to have "cleaned it up" was so neat!! I wonder if you "agreed" that they could use it- and if so, I'm sure they will!!

I am just tickled that you 2 couples are having so much fun together! It was fun watching you get to "know each other" before you all went; so this makes it more neat to see how it all unfolded.

I love to see how comfortable TnT seem to be with helping Bill and just being around his disability as well. From lifting and eating and all, it's just great to see that you all are so comfortable in all those areas that vacationing together seem to bring.
Oh I am so sorry, I must not have explained right. What I meant by the great picture of the Castle was that Disney now sends some stock photos with the photopass CD so no they didn't clean up mine, I was showing my fuzzy picture then their fantastic picture.

I am so happy to have TnT in our lives and thank the DIS for it happening. They were really great in regards to his disability. Later on I will relay a story about Toni becoming a mama bear where Bill is concerned.
mrsksomeday is offline  
Old 01-28-2011, 08:57 PM   #112
ddstratton
DIS Veteran
 
ddstratton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,645

Wonderful update! Sounds like it was a great evening. Even with learning a new camera, you got some really nice shots in there.
__________________
Darla

May 2016 Pre-Trip Report <--Also includes a Mini Trip Report of our March 2014 trip to Asheville/Gatlinburg

May 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report and
The AutoTrain, Disney World and More! Trip Report


October 2008 - Caribbean Beach
Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report
ddstratton is offline  
Old 01-28-2011, 09:18 PM   #113
disneyeeyorefan
Mouseketeer
 
disneyeeyorefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Blue Springs Mo
Posts: 143

Love the update Headed over to TnT trip report now!!
And we have a Major Winter Storm in the forecast for Mon,Tues,Wed I am hoping it stays away...lol
__________________
Michelle DH
DS (17) DS (9)

disneyeeyorefan is offline  
Old 01-28-2011, 09:25 PM   #114
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,598

That castle shot is gorgeous! And that cookie!!! Huge! and looks yummy.
Sounds like a wonderful evening.
jenseib is offline  
Old 01-28-2011, 09:51 PM   #115
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

 
SueM in MN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Twin Cities area,Minnesota,USA
Posts: 30,892
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
I need to go at Christmas time just so I can see this!



WOW!!!
Yes, that is beautiful.
__________________
SueM in MN
Moderator of disABILITIES
Link to disABILITIES FAQs thread

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline  
Old 01-28-2011, 10:32 PM   #116
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!
 
mrsksomeday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 7,639

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddstratton View Post
Wonderful update! Sounds like it was a great evening. Even with learning a new camera, you got some really nice shots in there.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyeeyorefan View Post
Love the update Headed over to TnT trip report now!!
And we have a Major Winter Storm in the forecast for Mon,Tues,Wed I am hoping it stays away...lol
Thanks for being here and going there . Oh no no no!! The storms need to leave you alone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
That castle shot is gorgeous! And that cookie!!! Huge! and looks yummy.
Sounds like a wonderful evening.
It was a great evening, there is nothing like seeing the Castle all lit up like that, it is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueM in MN View Post
Yes, that is beautiful.
Hi Sue!!
mrsksomeday is offline  
Old 01-28-2011, 10:32 PM   #117
jcc0621
DIS Veteran
 
jcc0621's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,193

I'm late I'm sorry. Forgive me

I read everything, let's see what I remember since I didn't quote...

1 - Awesome about the Skycap not making you wait in line
2 - Way to spread the pixie dust for the newbies
3 - How did you wind up liking the '80's. 2 of the 3 times we stayed at Pop that's where we stayed. I liked it better than the 50's
4 - So glad you had such a great DisMeet
5 - Bill has awesome taste, those flowers were beautiful!
6 - You have done so much in 1 1/2 days

Can't wait to read more and I promise to be on time for the next installment
__________________
Janet TFW Unofficial Odds Maker

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
jcc0621 is offline  
Old 01-28-2011, 11:14 PM   #118
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love
 
KathyRN137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,886

Tracy,

I had a similar cookie sandwich from the Main St. Bakery and ate the entire thing myself!! Yummy!

The Castle picture at night is stunning!

Seeing the toy soldiers is one of my favorite parts of the parade, too!
As you can see from my NEW ticker (below) I'm planning to see the parade this December with my Billy!!


Kathy

KathyRN137 is offline  
Old 01-28-2011, 11:30 PM   #119
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,915

That reflection pix of the Castle is Postcard worthy !!Just AWESOME!!!!
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline  
Old 01-29-2011, 09:23 AM   #120
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran
 
DisMomAmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NH
Posts: 7,961

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
I need to go at Christmas time just so I can see this!



WOW!!!
I feel the same way Heidi!! Reading about everyone's holiday trips has really got me trying to figure out how to pull off a Nov/Dec trip sometime in the near future! I just have to figure out how...
DisMomAmy is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: