Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2011, 10:03 PM   #421
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

hmmm... wondering when the PTR will get posted. I have to live vicariously through your PTR since it will be so long till I get to go back. Although, I have decided that I need to keep up on my TR. I guess I can live that way for a while too. I shocked everyone by posting reports close together! LOL
Old 03-25-2011, 10:13 PM   #422
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
hmmm... wondering when the PTR will get posted. I have to live vicariously through your PTR since it will be so long till I get to go back. Although, I have decided that I need to keep up on my TR. I guess I can live that way for a while too. I shocked everyone by posting reports close together! LOL
I read your newest posts. I saw you posted so I read it outloud to Bill and by the end I was bawling . I just can not express how blessed we feel to have met your family and to help make MVMCP happen for you. I will be over there soon to post a reply.

I am almost ready to post the first installment on the PTR, I will post a link here .
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2011, 10:28 PM   #423
starrzone
Quirky with snack cakes

Tracy, I've been thinking about what I wanted to say in response to your TR for a few days now...and couldn't think of much except that you are such an example to me. I too am Pooh-sized, and tend to dwell on it a bit (partly because of my mother, but that's a WHOLE other post...). You mentioned it once, very briefly in your TR, and then went about business as usual. It was all about being with the man you love in the place you love, and that's ALL that mattered

Speaking of...the love between you and Bill brings tears to my eyes. I've been with a couple of...ummm..."gems" that aren't even worth my time. I look at you and Bill, and the fun you all have, and think "I want that someday". There really IS true love out there, and I think you've found it

Gosh, I'm sappy tonight! I must say, the whole trip sounded like a blast. Sure, there were a few bumps; I hope they make special events easier for those with mobility aids in the future. A little story: I walked to the store a couple months ago, and the sidewalks here were TERRIBLE. They were extremely icy, and there was snow all over. A nice young man who was in a wheelchair started chatting with me (he appeared to have had a mild stroke), and I mentioned that it must be extremely tough to get around, judging by the difficulty I had getting there. He sort of said "Yeah, but what can you do", and left. It made me realize that people like me who don't live with a loved one who has a mobility device, or trouble walking, have no idea how tough it can be sometimes. Oh, and I love, LOVE the pics of Bill's chair weighted down with packages; he looks like one of those women who come out of the mall after a 12-hour shopping spree!

Can't wait to read your next PTR/TR...I know I'm going to love it!

Come check out my blog: http://starrzone.wordpress.com

Old 03-25-2011, 10:43 PM   #424
mrsksomeday

You are so sweet, thank you so much . You had me crying. I let my weight bother me a lot and I need to get past that. Bill loves me for who I am not what I look like and for that I am forever grateful.

I never thought about mobility issues until Bill came along, he has opened my eyes to many things .

It cracks me up when I put all sorts of stuff on his chair, he says he is a pack mule.

Next PTR is posted, the link will be in the next post.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:43 PM   #426
susanrose73
Mouseketeer

Hi, I just finished reading your trip report & wanted to say that it was wonderful! Your Dh is so romantic! I loved seeing all your pictures & reading about your DIS meets.

Oh & small world, my in-laws live in Carbondale & we visited them this past summer. It's a nice town!

Thanks for the fun read!
Old 03-26-2011, 10:39 AM   #427
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Life seems to be catching up with me -- I keep reading your installments, but don't get a chance to comment much. I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading about your trip. You and Bill seemed to have such a good time, even though it was COLD and the Magic & Merriment wasn't as organized as it could have been. It was really fun to read about the surprises that Bill set up for you, and just the way you and Bill love Disney.

May 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report and
The AutoTrain, Disney World and More! Trip Report

October 2008 - Caribbean Beach
Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report
Old 03-26-2011, 04:18 PM   #428
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Hi Tracy! This afternoon I was able to sit down with a nice, big mug of tea and catch up with the last few installments in one sitting! It's always so much fun "travelling" with you and Bill; experiencing the many ups and even a few downs with my favorite Disney couple!

How thrilling for you that you'll be going to another D23 event in May! Wish I could go, too, but hopefully we'll get to cook up a little DISmeet when I'm down in WDW with my Billy in December!

Love and pixie dust....

Kathy
Old 03-27-2011, 02:35 AM   #429
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanrose73 View Post
Hi, I just finished reading your trip report & wanted to say that it was wonderful! Your Dh is so romantic! I loved seeing all your pictures & reading about your DIS meets.

Oh & small world, my in-laws live in Carbondale & we visited them this past summer. It's a nice town!

Thanks for the fun read!
Thank you so much for reading and posting. It is a small world you coming all the way to our town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddstratton View Post
Life seems to be catching up with me -- I keep reading your installments, but don't get a chance to comment much. I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading about your trip. You and Bill seemed to have such a good time, even though it was COLD and the Magic & Merriment wasn't as organized as it could have been. It was really fun to read about the surprises that Bill set up for you, and just the way you and Bill love Disney.
Thanks Darla. We love WDW and even if things are a little bumpy we always have a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Hi Tracy! This afternoon I was able to sit down with a nice, big mug of tea and catch up with the last few installments in one sitting! It's always so much fun "travelling" with you and Bill; experiencing the many ups and even a few downs with my favorite Disney couple!

How thrilling for you that you'll be going to another D23 event in May! Wish I could go, too, but hopefully we'll get to cook up a little DISmeet when I'm down in WDW with my Billy in December!

Love and pixie dust....

Kathy
Thank you so much for following along with us. If it wasn't for you I never would have written my first trip report. Bill and I would love to have a DISmeet with you!! He was so excited when I told him we would be there at the same time. He said you name the day and the time and we will be there
Old 03-27-2011, 09:05 PM   #430
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

Tracey- thanks for such a wonderful TR, i really enjoyed following along with you! I don't know how I missed your TR earlier, but i finally read it all tonight, yes in one sitting (okay, over a few hours in between cooking dinner and entertaining William). But I loved it, all the ups, surprises, new friends, special treats and great pics.

I loved hearing about the Magic and Merriment event too- I so want to do special events like that, but it is so hard to make them happen with a little one and crazy work schedule (and only so much vacation to take). It is great to see it even if through someone else's eyes!

the weather was crazy, wasn't it? I couldn't believe how down right cold it was. It was nice the day we arrive (the 4th) and then the day we left (the 11th), but in between was pretty miserable at night!

can't wait to hear about your adventures for the next trip!!

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
Old 03-29-2011, 06:59 PM   #431
kathleen27
DIS Veteran

Great picture with the 7 dwarfs!

It's good that you have Ace to go home too.
He is so cute! Love the video!

Yeah for the short countdown!

Feb 2012 Feb 2011 September 2008 Feb 2008 Feb 2006 March 2003

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: