Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2011, 07:50 PM   #16
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!

Hello and to all my new readers!!!
Old 02-01-2011, 08:21 PM   #17
MommyWithDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
So another day at DL is never a bad thing!! It will be weird going during a time the hours are shorter......I've never done that before!!

Are you still going to try & get your dad over to the chicken dinner at Mrs Knott's restaurant?? It really would be worth the trip & make for a nice dinner.

Are you planning any character meals, WoC, Fantasmic or other sit down meals??

Does Ayden know yet or are you still keeping it a secret?
AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I just typed a big ol long response to you Laurie and I lost it all.

Anyway, yes the shorter hours are strange...that's why we always make our trip 5-6 days so we still feel like we see everything. We still have two late nights, a Sunday and a Friday so we still close the park those two days.

Not sure if we're going to head over for the Knotts dinner or not, just depends on what Dad wants to do. We probably won't get a car at all so we'll probably stick close to DL. We have PS for Carnation Cafe and Cafe Orleans, my two faves. Not sure about a character meal yet. We've done Goofy's Kitchen and Plaza Inn and I liked Plaza Inn the best. Dad has never been to one and I think he'd enjoy it.

We'll probably do Fireworks on Sunday, I am always afraid they will get cancelled so we try to do that first. They got cancelled our last time there and were very bummed about it. I like the fireworks more than Fantasmic. I still need to read the thread on WOC, I'm still a little confused about how all that works. We'll probably do Fantasmic on Friday night. I'm not a huge Fantasmic fan but I know Dad would probably like to see it.

Ayden still has no clue WHEN we're going. He knows we're talking about it but doesn't know when. I am going to try to keep it a secret until the night before or maybe even the morning of. I just know I need to tell him before we leave the house because he'd be really upset if he couldn't say goodbye to Chris and Dodger.

I am just so beyond excited, it's been two years and I'm so ready to go back. I'm really sad that Chris can't go with us this time, it won't be the same without him. I'm really looking forward though to the time with my Dad.

I posted something on the Diva thread about stopping by the M&G after the park closes....but nobody responded. I would have Ayden with me so that's why I wanted to question everyone. I probably won't because I don't want to ruin the whole "ladies only" thing with stopping by with Ayden eventhough it would be a quick and hi and bye type of thing. I still have your number so I will still certainly text you in the park and hopefully we can meet up for a quick picture at least.
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #18
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

I'd pose the question again......unfortunately the thread hits speed bumps & nobody posts, but as we get closer....things will pick back up. I really don't think any one would mind!!

World of Color is awesome!!! You have different options on seeing this. You can get to DCA at opening & run up to GRR & get FP's for the show. Depending on color, will depend on where you will stand for the show. You can go online & order picnics for $15 (ish???) that you can pick up anytime the day of the show. You can eat them for lunch or dinner. You will be given a FP for a certain area reserved for picnics. You could go all out & do a very nice dinner at Ariel's or Wine Country for about $40/adult. The meal was fabulous & to me, worth every penny for the meal & where we got to be for the show. We were dead center, one level up from the water.....the only people below us were the ones that wanted to be in the wet zone. You get a FP for the reserved preferred dining section.

About 7pm, you start lining up. They have CM's with colored flags that coordinate with your FP color. You get in that line & they will lead you into your section. If you get there early & near the front of the line, you can get right on the railings, this way, no one will be blocking your view.....otherwise, hang back in the section you're in & hopefully standing in the back....you will get a clear view as well. A lot of the sections have different levels & stairs & you just want to try & position yourself so you won't have someone directly in your line of vision.

The general FP (from GRR) is more crowded than the reserved dining section....so we took that into consideration when we decided which way to go.

The show is worth going to.......we were blown away by it!!!

Hope that helps.........I have pics from the show in my TR from last summer. Otherwise go on YouTube & catch a video of it.
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:32 PM   #19
Bungle
DIS Veteran

My niece went to WOC recently and did the picnic package. She said the kids meals were better than the adults. Also they went mid week and said the lines weren't all that crazy.

Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:52 AM   #20
MommyWithDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
My niece went to WOC recently and did the picnic package. She said the kids meals were better than the adults. Also they went mid week and said the lines weren't all that crazy.
Interesting...what are the kids meals? I only saw the adults which honestly nothing looked that great to me.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:47 AM   #21
funatdisney
Disneyland, DH and my horses have a soothing effect on my soul, and always brings a smile on my face.

They have two kid's meals. They are the Lunchbox Classic has a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and apple slices and the Junior All-American includes a chilled fried chicken drumstick, apple slices, and Goldfish crackers. All of the kid’s meals also include your choice of low-fat milk, juice box, or water, as well as a vanilla confetti cupcake, and a souvenir World of Color light up bracelet.

On the dining section for Disneyland on DISboards, there is a description of the meals with pictures. Under the Junior Meals there are three lunches listed. Based on the order page on Disneyland's website, they no longer offer the Little Squirt Box. Here is the link to this page. Scroll towards the middle of the page to find the picnic meals.

Here is a link to the Disneyland order page. WOC Picnics with Reserved Viewing If you click on the slide show option on the picture placed on the top of the page, you can find Disney's picture and description of all the meals.

Hope that helps.

DVC member since 2007; SSR and VGC.

funatdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:01 PM   #22
MommyWithDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatdisney View Post
They have two kid's meals. They are the Lunchbox Classic has a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and apple slices and the Junior All-American includes a chilled fried chicken drumstick, apple slices, and Goldfish crackers. All of the kid’s meals also include your choice of low-fat milk, juice box, or water, as well as a vanilla confetti cupcake, and a souvenir World of Color light up bracelet.

On the dining section for Disneyland on DISboards, there is a description of the meals with pictures. Under the Junior Meals there are three lunches listed. Based on the order page on Disneyland's website, they no longer offer the Little Squirt Box. Here is the link to this page. Scroll towards the middle of the page to find the picnic meals.

Here is a link to the Disneyland order page. WOC Picnics with Reserved Viewing If you click on the slide show option on the picture placed on the top of the page, you can find Disney's picture and description of all the meals.

Hope that helps.
Thank you! Sounds like the picnic meal may be the way to go for WOC.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:06 PM   #23
funatdisney
Disneyland, DH and my horses have a soothing effect on my soul, and always brings a smile on my face.

We liked the lunches we ordered. I was able to pick them up at 12:30pm. The FP colors were blue or yellow. We got blue (we asked them) and got to stand on the bridge to view the WOC. Every CM we asked where was the best spot to see the WOC, each one said "The bridge". I think it is a good place to start to see the WOC, but I am looking forward to seeing it in another section.

DVC member since 2007; SSR and VGC.

funatdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #24
MommyWithDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatdisney View Post
We liked the lunches we ordered. I was able to pick them up at 12:30pm. The FP colors were blue or yellow. We got blue (we asked them) and got to stand on the bridge to view the WOC. Every CM we asked where was the best spot to see the WOC, each one said "The bridge". I think it is a good place to start to see the WOC, but I am looking forward to seeing it in another section.
Thanks for the tip.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:53 AM   #25
MommyWithDreams

I'm getting so excited for our trip. We're buying our tickets through GAT this weekend. I think we decided to just do all 6 days at Disney considering the cost to do Universal or Knotts. It will be great, it always is. I can tell my Dad is getting really excited too. I just keep thinking of all the wonderful memories he and Ayden are going to make. I am definitely going to get the Photopass again since that will probably be the only way I get pictures of myself. I'll be behind the camera snapping pictures of Ayden and Papa the whole time.

I can't stop looking at pictures from our past trips. Ayden looks so tiny. He's so excited to do Space Mountain this year for the first time too!

Here are some pictures from a past trip. My TR is in need of pics!!!

Sad Chris won't be with us on this trip though.

one of my favorite meals of the whole trip..

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Old 02-06-2011, 07:24 AM   #26
Bungle
DIS Veteran

She had the kids meal with chicken and a cupcake. Said it was delicious. But how can a cupcake not be delicious?

What kind of soup is that? Looks so yummy.

Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:36 AM   #27
MommyWithDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
She had the kids meal with chicken and a cupcake. Said it was delicious. But how can a cupcake not be delicious?

What kind of soup is that? Looks so yummy.
It is amazing. It's the Loaded Baked Potato soup from Carnation Cafe. An absolute must try. Oscar, the chef comes out and visits the customers. If you ask he will give you the soup receipe.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #28
MommyWithDreams

Three weeks from today I will be at my Happy Place!!!!!!

: cool1:
Old 02-06-2011, 11:43 AM   #29
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post
Three weeks from today I will be at my Happy Place!!!!!!

: cool1:
Woo Hoo!!! It's getting so close!!!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:27 PM   #30
MommyWithDreams

We ordered our tickets yesterday through GAT! I should be getting my ET book this week. We always get the whole book since we use it so much anyway. Carol is going to send me a nametag so I'll have it the whole week. I'm going to work on my LGMH today. Bling Bling!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: