Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2011, 12:46 PM   #136
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I did that on the first wake up morning. I just could not sleep. I hate it when that happens. It all sounds so great and I am still here reading along.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #137
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Just read your whole PTR! Hope you are having a GREAT time!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2011, 09:42 PM   #138
mikeyas
Earning My Ears

Just wanted to chime in and say that I've really enjoyed reading this and look forward to reading about the rest of the trip! That video you posted is priceless!
mikeyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:09 AM   #139
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!

We got home yesterday. Wonderful visit! I will start my TR later today. I have a story to tell I will call iPhone vs Big Thunder.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:09 PM   #140
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post
We got home yesterday. Wonderful visit! I will start my TR later today. I have a story to tell I will call iPhone vs Big Thunder.
Oh my!! I can hardly wait to hear!!
Old 03-06-2011, 03:56 PM   #141
goofycathy
we obviously have different taste huh?
Fantasyland makes me feel like a Princess

Location: ONLY 752 miles north of the happiest place on earth!!!

Quote:
Oh no! I hope its a good story!!!!

Me & DH DS16 DS14 DD9

goofycathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:17 PM   #142
MommyWithDreams

Day 1 of Disney

So I was so excited to wake Ayden up to go to Disney. I walked into his room singing it's time for Disney. He lifted his head and all he said was "I feel like I could throw up." I was shocked. Turns out he was totally ok, I think it all just boiled down to nerves. He kept asking about the plane we were flying on. We normally fly Southwest and when I said "Jet Blue" He was picturing a super fast like REAL jet! He also had some anxiety with Chris not coming with us. In fact he cried when Chris dropped us off at the airport. It just wasn't the same without Chris there.

We arrived on time around 10:30am and got a Taxi/van from the hotel to HOJO's. $45 flat rate for the three of us. The guy FLEW! Almost 80 on the freeway.

Arrived at HOJO a little after 11am and was thrilled that our room was ready for us. I had requested an early check in and was so glad we got it. We were on the 3rd floor, all the way at the end closest to the parking lot. Perfect room and loved our view of the pool. I had always been on the 1st floor so this was a nice change.

We unpacked a bit and made our trek to the park. We were ready for lunch so we ate at the River Belle Terrace. I had the Turkey sandwich and Dad had the BBQ sandwich. Mine was tasty and he devoured his saying it was great as well.

Our first ride was Ayden's pick. What a surprise, Big Thunder. (his favorite)
It made my Dad sick. He said it would be his last time on that. Used to be one of his favorites too. I'm just thrilled he gave it a try. We also did Pirate, HM and Small world. Dad was brave enough to try Indy as well. He wasn't thrilled with it either since it made him a little nauseous but he did it again the last night and he said it didn't bother him at all.

We decided to check out the Tiki room. Can't believe I have never taken Ayden in there before. He loves singing it since we have the DL CD in our car. After the show I heard a familiar voice...and low and behold it was MAYNARD. I just had to chat with him. Of course he did one of his little jokes with us and a couple that were also excited to meet him. Here's a picture I got with him.

We got a great spot for the Fireworks. We were in front of the castle, just a little to the left. My Dad got a little uncomfortable standing and waiting for them. He kept saying "Ive seen fireworks before". I kept telling him though not like Disneylands. He was in awe the entire show. He just kept saying WOW,...ooohhh and lots of aaaahs. The show always brings tears to my eyes, but seeing my Dad in pure amazement is what did it for me this time.

So Dad didn't get the Knotts Berry Farm chicken dinner, so I took him to Plaza Inn for dinner our first night. He LOVED it.

Here are a few more pictures from our first night.

First character interaction was with Goofy in his Mardi Gras outfit in New Orleans

We headed back to the room around 11pm, we were all pretty tired.

Day 2...a visit to DCA, a DL "Money shot" picture and Ayden's first time on Space Mountain!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:47 AM   #143
brookies_mommy
I'm good on the basics

I love it!!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #144
rmom
Mouseketeer

love your pics.

Last edited by rmom; 03-07-2011 at 12:54 PM.
rmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:04 PM   #145
DisneyMomma81
DIS Veteran

Looks and sounds like a fantastic 1st day! I love the HoJo's new bedding
DisneyMomma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:32 PM   #146
MommyWithDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomma81 View Post
Looks and sounds like a fantastic 1st day! I love the HoJo's new bedding
Their beds are so worth the walk.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #147
kaoden39
Hugs

I love how your dad clowned in the pictures and it looks like you all had a ball.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:49 PM   #148
MommyWithDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I love how your dad clowned in the pictures and it looks like you all had a ball.
LOL That he certainly did. Although in some he looks mad since he wasn't expecting the shot. He was such a trooper the entire trip!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:59 PM   #149
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
LOL That he certainly did. Although in some he looks mad since he wasn't expecting the shot. He was such a trooper the entire trip!
That's great. I miss going with my dad.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:05 PM   #150
MommyWithDreams

Day 2 CA and DL

We got a later start than I'm used to on our first full day. We had breakfast at Mimi's since I had a great coupon. The 3 of us ate for less than $18. Quite a deal! We started our day in CA and caught a Monsters Inc. show going on.

We took my Dad on Soarin for the first time and he L O V E D it!!! We ventured over to Toy Story and he loved that as well. My Dad made a huge mistake and bought Ayden and I both a set of pins to start trading with. I say mistake because wow I didn't realize how addicting it would become. So here he spent $30 each on 2 pin sets. I was a little mad when I found out the current promotion is if you spend $40 in merchandise at certain stores you can buy a starter pin set for only $15. We both got the nerd set which was very cute. It took off from there and was a lot of fun trading wtih the CM's. We ended up buying 2 more sets on the promotional deal and Ayden came home with a book full of pins. Yes it got really addicting!

I skipped riding on Screamin our last trip since I had been having issues with vertigo right before our trip. Well I should have skipped it this trip as well as it took me about 3 hours to feel somewhat normal again. I just felt lightheaded and icky. I'm getting too old for this stuff. I mainly did it because Ayden really wanted to see me ride it, oh the things we do for our kids. I did the single rider line which was pretty much a walk on. I ended up riding with some Austrailian guy that asked me if it went upside down. I thought he was joking at first but he was serious. Anyway after I told him yes, once we were getting in the seat he said "I sure hope I can handle that." I quickly said I hope so too LOL

Just for you Michele

THis is what I call the MONEY SHOT!!! All three of them at once!

Ayden rode Space Mountain for the very first time and LOVED it! About 30 seconds into the ride he said yep, this is my new favorite ride! The HUGE surprise was that my Dad rode it too. Well he didn't love it so much, he was so sick afterwards. I was actually kinda worried about him. He was actually flushed and sweaty when we got off. He really thought he was going to throw up. Turns out he had his eyes shut the entire time. No wonder he was sick. Anyway, that was Dads last time on Space. Kudos to him for even trying. This is them before the ride.

We ventured to ESPN zone for dinner. It was my first time there. It was pretty good. Dad and I split a turkey wrap. We let Ayden go into the Lego store for a bit too.

Last edited by MommyWithDreams; 03-07-2011 at 10:16 PM. Reason: adding pictures
MommyWithDreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: