Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 12:40 PM   #31
Timon


DIS Junkie
 
Timon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 8,230

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfreak View Post
I bet your stories would be very interesting......maybe not as fun as Cass' but I am willing to bet just as interesting.
LOL Lori!! Kira is such a Daddy's girl, while I know she will miss me tons, I know she will LOVE having her Daddy all to herself! Plus she gets to spend time with Grandma and Auntie Heather, both of whom spoil her rotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
I agree Lori! I'd love to see a trippie from Rob. He can title it: "My wife went on a Dream cruise to the Caribbean and all I got was Calgary".
You two are funny!! You know he will do it!
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:47 PM   #32
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran
 
dsnydaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central Valley, CA
Posts: 1,988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrobe View Post

Hmm, maybe I should post our version of the trip report too. Kira & Robe's adventures without Mom...
It wouldn't be near as much fun as Cass' & Michelle's adventure though, and not nearly as warm in weather and nice scenery.
dunno... I'd read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfreak View Post
I bet your stories would be very interesting......maybe not as fun as Cass' but I am willing to bet just as interesting.



Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
I agree Lori! I'd love to see a trippie from Rob. He can title it: "My wife went on a Dream cruise to the Caribbean and all I got was Calgary".
That's flippin' hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post

Had to go out and buy an 8GB CF for the camera because we only have a 1GB card and that will not do me for a 2.5 hour tour of the Dream!
If you get the opportunity Cass, get some pics of the cabins and keep track of the room cat or number. I'd really like to see what some of those rooms look like. There's oddball rooms like those forward corner rooms and the Cat 5C Verandahs that look gigantic.

Thanks!
__________________
dsnydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #33
Timon


DIS Junkie
 
Timon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 8,230

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnydaddy View Post


If you get the opportunity Cass, get some pics of the cabins and keep track of the room cat or number. I'd really like to see what some of those rooms look like. There's oddball rooms like those forward corner rooms and the Cat 5C Verandahs that look gigantic.

Thanks!
Steve, I have a feeling that you will see pics of those rooms (8A and 9A) before I even leave for my trip. There's some DISers going on the Christening Cruise and the Inaugural Cruise that will be staying in those rooms and promised to post photos.

But I am going to take as many photos as I possibly can. Not sure what exactly is included in our tour but I will do my absolute best

If possible, I will also get video on the tour and then when I get back, I will make a movie with all the footage
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:37 PM   #34
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran
 
dsnydaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central Valley, CA
Posts: 1,988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Steve, I have a feeling that you will see pics of those rooms (8A and 9A) before I even leave for my trip. There's some DISers going on the Christening Cruise and the Inaugural Cruise that will be staying in those rooms and promised to post photos.

But I am going to take as many photos as I possibly can. Not sure what exactly is included in our tour but I will do my absolute best

If possible, I will also get video on the tour and then when I get back, I will make a movie with all the footage
I've actually been somewhat surprised that the Dream has already made a few runs and the photos for the most part that have come out have been of the common areas. (spectacular as they may be) very few from the actual staterooms.
__________________
dsnydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #35
TJGorman
I didn't get a tag, but I did save a lot on my car insurance by calling Geico....
I guess your rates are going up now!
 
TJGorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Grand Island, NY
Posts: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post


We don't get our cruise docs until we get to the resort so we are anxious to see what stateroom we will be in. There's still tons of availability so we are thinking we will get an inside room. Normally I wouldn't be all that thrilled to be in an inside room but I would love to see the Virtual Portholes so I don't mind at all
This is the part that is driving me crazy!!! Not knowing what type of cabin LOL

I was kinda hoping that we might at least get an oceanview. It would make getting ready in the AM easier with a split bathroom.

Can't wait for 10 more days!
__________________
Eastern Caribbean on the Magic: 2003 & 2005
First three day on the Wonder: January 28, 2010
First four day on the Dream: January 30, 2011
Western Caribbean on the Magic: November 26, 2011
TJGorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:13 PM   #36
Michelle2
Disneyland will always and forever hold a special place in my heart
Travel is my obsession
poop!
 
Michelle2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
If possible, I will also get video on the tour and then when I get back, I will make a movie with all the footage
YAY!! I am so excited for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJGorman View Post
This is the part that is driving me crazy!!! Not knowing what type of cabin LOL

I was kinda hoping that we might at least get an oceanview. It would make getting ready in the AM easier with a split bathroom.

Can't wait for 10 more days!
That is true, a split bathroom would be VERY nice and sensible considering the room mate arrangments....maybe the deluxe inside rooms (like the cat 10s).... I am not as familiar as I should be about the Dream's stateroom categories and locations.

We got our official confirmations in the email today!
__________________
"The secret of tomorrow is to live your dreams today!"---Remember the Magic
Platinum Castaway Cruiser
Michelle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:56 PM   #37
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?
 
Jillpie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Ma., BCV
Posts: 8,297

Giiiiirl, I found this report, yahoo!!!!!!!! I am SO happy you posted on my other thread or I never would have, so thanks! I am beyond psyched for you Cass, you had such a rocky time of it last Spring, you NEED this trip. And I really understood it when you talked about the travel agent part, my DH works in the travel business and gets amazing opportunities, but we've never been able to do anything because of the kids, soon I hope! So this new venture of yours, sounds terrific! I wish you could meet my son Pat at DW. He just finished the last 6 mos working Guest Relations at DHS, loved it. Now he's behind the scenes in the corporate offices, doing correspondence with guests. He loves it so far! Anyway, I hope you have an absolute blast, I cannot wait for this story to start!!
__________________
My happy place
Jillpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:55 AM   #38
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck
 
cntkg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 10,163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle2 View Post
YAY!! I am so excited for that!
We got our official confirmations in the email today!
cntkg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:08 AM   #39
goofyfreak
Gawrsh, is November ever going to get here?
 
goofyfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,447

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
I agree Lori! I'd love to see a trippie from Rob. He can title it: "My wife went on a Dream cruise to the Caribbean and all I got was Calgary".
I like it! He should get started on that right away.....cause I know once Cass is gone he won't have time to even get near a computer.
goofyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:07 AM   #40
dizneycrazy4
DIS Veteran
 
dizneycrazy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tomah, Wisconsin
Posts: 2,388

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfreak View Post
I like it! He should get started on that right away.....cause I know once Cass is gone he won't have time to even get near a computer.
I think we would all tune in for his "the wife's away" trippie.
__________________
dizneycrazy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:09 AM   #41
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar
 
Dyerneeds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 15,645

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneycrazy4 View Post
I think we would all tune in for his "the wife's away" trippie.
i know i would.
when the wifes away..the Darkrobe will play.lol
__________________
2011 DCL Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2899739
October 2009 Trip Report
Underdog and Tart Girl BOBing on the Magic, Plus the Mystery of the Red Br@ FE
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2363525
It's here... Our Trip Report, 2007
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post21828257
Dyerneeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:57 AM   #42
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran
 
UGAFan0829's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: North GA
Posts: 4,445

Oh my gooooossh, I can't believe my eyes...CASS is going on the DREAM!! Woohooo!! How awesome!!I am SO excited for you Cass!! I feel like it's definitely loooong overdue for one of your awesome reports! I CANNOT wait to read all about it! Congrats for being selected--you definitely deserve it!!!
UGAFan0829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:14 PM   #43
Timon


DIS Junkie
 
Timon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 8,230

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnydaddy View Post
I've actually been somewhat surprised that the Dream has already made a few runs and the photos for the most part that have come out have been of the common areas. (spectacular as they may be) very few from the actual staterooms.
Yes, you're right...hardly any stateroom pics except for Concierge Suites!! That should change real soon though

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJGorman View Post
This is the part that is driving me crazy!!! Not knowing what type of cabin LOL

I was kinda hoping that we might at least get an oceanview. It would make getting ready in the AM easier with a split bathroom.

Can't wait for 10 more days!
Yeah, Oceanview would be nice because of the split bathrooms!! My guess is we get a 9B room on deck 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle2 View Post

That is true, a split bathroom would be VERY nice and sensible considering the room mate arrangments....maybe the deluxe inside rooms (like the cat 10s).... I am not as familiar as I should be about the Dream's stateroom categories and locations.
Yes, it should be interesting hearing about all the AEP cruisers since it's all roommates instead of families! Since the beds don't split into twins, let's hope those couches are comfier than the ones on the Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
Giiiiirl, I found this report, yahoo!!!!!!!! I am SO happy you posted on my other thread or I never would have, so thanks! I am beyond psyched for you Cass, you had such a rocky time of it last Spring, you NEED this trip. And I really understood it when you talked about the travel agent part, my DH works in the travel business and gets amazing opportunities, but we've never been able to do anything because of the kids, soon I hope! So this new venture of yours, sounds terrific! I wish you could meet my son Pat at DW. He just finished the last 6 mos working Guest Relations at DHS, loved it. Now he's behind the scenes in the corporate offices, doing correspondence with guests. He loves it so far! Anyway, I hope you have an absolute blast, I cannot wait for this story to start:!
I was about to send you a PM actually and then I saw your post on the DCL board. Figured you would find the pre trippie that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
I was doing that last Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfreak View Post
I like it! He should get started on that right away.....cause I know once Cass is gone he won't have time to even get near a computer.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneycrazy4 View Post
I think we would all tune in for his "the wife's away" trippie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyerneeds View Post
i know i would.
when the wifes away..the Darkrobe will play.lol
OK, you've all got him seriously thinking of posting about his adventures with Kira He asked me last night if I really wanted to see what he was up to while I was away I told him that I wouldn't be able to read it until I got home but it might entertain some DISers

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
Oh my gooooossh, I can't believe my eyes...CASS is going on the DREAM!! Woohooo!! How awesome!!I am SO excited for you Cass!! I feel like it's definitely loooong overdue for one of your awesome reports! I CANNOT wait to read all about it! Congrats for being selected--you definitely deserve it!!!
Thanks Missy!! I'm really excited!! Looking forward to being able to share it all with you guys when I get back!!
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:05 PM   #44
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!
 
Tink rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 18,091

I didn't know we were going on a cruise....

(Sorry... I had to... now I have to go back and read...)
__________________
'Tis the gift to be simple, 'tis the gift to be free,'tis the gift to come down where you ought to be, And when we find ourselves in the place just right, t'will be in the valley of love and delight.

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:08 AM   #45
iloverags2
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
We don't get our cruise docs until we get to the resort so we are anxious to see what stateroom we will be in. There's still tons of availability so we are thinking we will get an inside room. Normally I wouldn't be all that thrilled to be in an inside room but I would love to see the Virtual Portholes so I don't mind at all
Do you have your reservation number? We were able to look that up once it was received and found out our stateroom number ahead of time, even though we did not receive cruise docs until we arrived at WDW for AEP. Hoping you will be able to check this out before arriving! (This also allowed us to book Palo in advance as well.)
__________________
Cindy


iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.