Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2011, 04:31 PM   #16
JOANNEL
DVC MEMBER 6/02
I haven't laughed that hard in ages

How exciting, have a wonderful time and enjoy every minute!!!
JOANNEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:39 PM   #17
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyerneeds View Post
Underdog all signed up and ready for the adventure.

Dont forget to pack plenty of cherry chapstick.

Perhaps you can track down a certain redhead to help Rob with the babysitting while you're gone.
LOL, it wouldn't be a trippie without you dawg!!

No red heads allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJGorman View Post
I am also doing the AEP trip on this cruise. I am very excited. I can't wait to meet everyone!
Well then I hope to see you on the Saturday then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOANNEL View Post
How exciting, have a wonderful time and enjoy every minute!!!
Thanks Joanne...I plan on soaking in every second
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2011, 08:29 PM   #18
dizneycrazy4
DIS Veteran

i am so excited for you, great that everyone could help to make it happen for you. Can't wait to hear all about from you. Enjoy, you deserve it.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:12 PM   #19
Michelle2
Disneyland will always and forever hold a special place in my heart
Travel is my obsession
poop!

Quote:
I am also doing the AEP trip on this cruise. I am very excited. I can't wait to meet everyone!
I can't wait to meet everyone too! Thanks so much for helping me out with details while we were waiting in agony.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:47 AM   #20
TJGorman
I didn't get a tag, but I did save a lot on my car insurance by calling Geico....
I guess your rates are going up now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle2 View Post
I can't wait to meet everyone too! Thanks so much for helping me out with details while we were waiting in agony.
NO problem at all! I remember constantly checking my email to see if I got any response from Disney {I was really hoping for the email to come ON Christmas!!! Now that would have been a great Christmas Morning, LOL}
Western Caribbean on the Magic: November 26, 2011
TJGorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:53 AM   #21
SSRJen
DIS Veteran

Yay, how exciting for you! Your trip/food reports are one of my favorites on these boards. Can't wait to hear your report!
SSRJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:59 AM   #22
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneycrazy4 View Post
i am so excited for you, great that everyone could help to make it happen for you. Can't wait to hear all about from you. Enjoy, you deserve it.
Thanks Janice Yeah, it was amazing how it all came together....and all within a few hours too!! I have a wonderful support system and thanks to all of them, I get to go I am a very lucky girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle2 View Post
I'm glad you found someone to help you out while we were going nuts

Quote:
NO problem at all! I remember constantly checking my email to see if I got any response from Disney {I was really hoping for the email to come ON Christmas!!! Now that would have been a great Christmas Morning, LOL}
Wow, yeah that would have been an awesome time to get the news
Old 01-17-2011, 12:00 PM   #23
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRJen View Post
Yay, how exciting for you! Your trip/food reports are one of my favorites on these boards. Can't wait to hear your report!
Thank you Jen! Glad to have you on board for the report
Old 01-17-2011, 02:43 PM   #24
Darkrobe
Cloning around in the Galaxy!

Great job on the startup babe!
You don't have to worry about red heads here unless Kira and I do some painting; in which case there might be one.

Hmm, maybe I should post our version of the trip report too. Kira & Robe's adventures without Mom...
It wouldn't be near as much fun as Cass' & Michelle's adventure though, and not nearly as warm in weather and nice scenery.

I am positive you two will have a blast and looks like lots of learning about DCL as well!

TC-7623 www.tc-7623.ca
Member of the 501st Badlands Garrison: www.badlands.ca
Darkrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:43 PM   #25
Karen Mouse
resiurK deknoK

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!! - A Cass trippie

Looking forward to a million piccies!
Karen Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:17 AM   #26
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Joining in and looking forward to hearing all about it!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

praisehisname is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:40 AM   #27
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrobe View Post
You don't have to worry about red heads here unless Kira and I do some painting; in which case there might be one.

Hmm, maybe I should post our version of the trip report too. Kira & Robe's adventures without Mom...
It wouldn't be near as much fun as Cass' & Michelle's adventure though, and not nearly as warm in weather and nice scenery.

I am positive you two will have a blast and looks like lots of learning about DCL as well!
Thanks babe Gonna miss you guys!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Mouse View Post
Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!! - A Cass trippie

Looking forward to a million piccies!
Hi Karen Well, not a million pics....but probably pretty close

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Joining in and looking forward to hearing all about it!
Glad to have you here!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:52 AM   #28
goofyfreak
Gawrsh, is November ever going to get here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrobe View Post

I bet your stories would be very interesting......maybe not as fun as Cass' but I am willing to bet just as interesting.
goofyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:30 PM   #29
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfreak View Post
I bet your stories would be very interesting......maybe not as fun as Cass' but I am willing to bet just as interesting.
I agree Lori! I'd love to see a trippie from Rob. He can title it: "My wife went on a Dream cruise to the Caribbean and all I got was Calgary".
cntkg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:32 PM   #30
Timon

DIS Junkie

OK, I am 3/4 packed now I think all that's left is the stuff I will need the morning of the 27th...toiletries, hair dryer, etc.

Had to go out and buy an 8GB CF for the camera because we only have a 1GB card and that will not do me for a 2.5 hour tour of the Dream!

My brother and sister-in-law are letting me borrow their camcorder since ours is broken so now I can take video too

Kira will be with grandma the night before I leave which now allows Rob to take me to the airport He might regret making those arrangements come 4:30 Thursday morning

If we can arrange it on board, Michelle and I have decided to do Palo for dinner. I am really looking forward to the dining rooms and the new menus

We don't get our cruise docs until we get to the resort so we are anxious to see what stateroom we will be in. There's still tons of availability so we are thinking we will get an inside room. Normally I wouldn't be all that thrilled to be in an inside room but I would love to see the Virtual Portholes so I don't mind at all

Rob arranged for a USA plan for my iPhone while I am down there. It's still expensive but not nearly as expensive as not getting one and just roaming! When I got sick last May and he and Kira were down in Texas, his cell phone bill for the 2.5 days it took him to get back to Calgary was over $150 just for a few calls, a few texts and roaming charges

I think it cost $14 extra for the plan (for the month) and then it will cost me $1 per MB for data on 3G (plus $0.65 per text ) while I am down there. Since I mostly use WiFi or our alloted 3G data at home, Rob downloaded an app for me to track my data usage. He set it up so that it will warn me when I am at 10MB ($10!) and I've had it on for the past few days and have been monitoring just how fast I go through 10 MB and boy, it really does go fast!!! So, I won't be using my phone very much while I am there!

But I am looking forward to trying out my Undercover Tourist App for WDW wait times I won't use it much but I WILL try it to see how accurate it is

I'm also bringing my netbook because it's great for travelling! Plus I will need somewhere to dump all the photos I take

I will be able to use it at the Calgary airport, as well as the Orlando airport on the way home, since they both have free WiFi and I will be stuck at MCO for hours and hours!!!

I'm soooooo essssited!!!!!!!!!!!

9 more sleeps!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: