Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2011, 09:35 AM   #1
LKFan
DIS Veteran

Defective Dooney & Bourke Purses

This topic was brought up within another D&B thread but should be by itself.

I bought a DCL D&B bag in June, 2010. The red "sealant" on the shoulder straps is now peeling off.

I e-mailed D&B last week and received the following e-mail today:
"Thank you for contacting Dooney & Bourke.

Your email is important to us, however due to heavy volume we have not yet replied. All mail is answered in the order received.

It was signed:

Dooney & Bourke
(800) 347-5000"

I called and spoke to CS today. I was told to mail my purse to
Dooney&Bourke
1 Regent Street
Norwalk, CT 06855

Include my name, address, phone number and a description of the problem.

Send by either UPS or insured mail and include the shipping receipt because, if the purse is defective, they will reimburse my shipping.

I said that I must have looked through 30 purses to find the one with the best placement/design so I would prefer if they could repair my current purse rather than replacing it. She said to include that informtion in my note and they will contact me before doing anything to my purse.

They didn't ask for my receipt, date of purchase or anything like that.

Thought I would put the information out there in case anyone else is having problems with their DCL purses.

Last edited by LKFan; 03-26-2011 at 09:32 AM.
LKFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:59 AM   #2
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Good to know...thanks for posting.

D&B has a yearly tent sale in Decembe at the Norwalk location...my friends went and said it was great with great bargains but they do not carry the Disney stuff....well maybe next year they will.

Again, thanks for posting.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #3
m&m's mom
Waiting for the waterless cruise
I really am quite evil

Thank you for posting this. My Mom's is peeling as well. Mine has been fine but I do not use it as frequently as she does.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:53 AM   #4
AmberHeartsDisney
DIS Veteran

This is one thing i hate about D&B purses. A lot of them with that color on the handles do that.
March/April 2007- Offsite~11/29/09-12/07/09-Polynesian (For free! I won a trip)~11/29-12/07/10-Polynesian~5/12-5/17/11 Polynesian~9/16-9/19/11 All Star Music~11/13-11/17/11 Animal Kingdom Lodge Club level - Honeymoon ~11/17-11/20/12 Disney Dream Cruise~11/2-11/9 2013 BLT/AKC (We finally bought a DVC!!!09/2013)~5/5-5/11 GFV~12/6-12/13 GFV

Our Disney Travel Blog
AmberHeartsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:48 AM   #5
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

I can't believe there is a thread on this. Why? Because just last night, I packed up my purse with a letter to D&B!!! It's sitting on the counter in a USPS Priority Mail box waiting to get taken to the post office.

I bought a WDW purple theme park sketch bag from the disneystore.com on Thanksgiving day for 20% off, free shipping, and $15 for a make-up bag. My problem is with the zipper - it's missing a "tooth" and, well, it's just jacked up. I tried to live with it, but twice now, I was unable to unzip it in a store at the register to pay for a purchase!!! So, I too wrote a similar letter about loving my pattern, and not wanting a replacment, but to just fix my zipper.

2015 - Magic x2 - Mar Western, June Scandinavia ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/repo B2B ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:59 AM   #6
diznefamily
Mouseketeer

so far so good with the couple I have. where is that location of the sale?
diznefamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:31 PM   #7
makaylee
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for posting this. I also purchased one on the magic last August and after only a week or two of use the same thing started happening. I just put the purse up in my closet because I was worried about it getting worse. I was thinking about asking for an exchange during our next cruise, whenever that would be. I never thought of contacting Dooney, can you please keep us updated? I am also worried about sending mine in because of the pattern placement. Thanks and good luck.
Aug 7th 2010 DCL 11 Day Mediterranean
June 18th 2011 DCL 11 Day Mediterranean
makaylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:41 PM   #8
Eeyore1928
Believer of Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust
Wishes on stars

My purse is doing the same thing after 2 weeks of use. I bought it in November on a cruise and am headed back on one next week....so I am gonna take it back there and exchange for some Dream Inaugural merchandise I think. I do not have a receipt either...that is long gone, but as exclusive dealers of these things they can at least look up that I was there!

Cruising on the Dream January 2011 and September 2011!!!!

My Hubby just got me DVC!!!!!!

Eeyore1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:06 PM   #9
Fleury
Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting this - I bought one last March at WDW - DD and within 2 weeks of getting home the stitching on the strap gave out
Fleury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:31 PM   #10
Eeyore1928
Believer of Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust
Wishes on stars

I called Mail order and they told me to take my purse back to ship for exchange! Yay....I have the medium with the rounded straps....are the larger ones peeling too? They have the flat straps...not sure if they have the red as well.

Cruising on the Dream January 2011 and September 2011!!!!

My Hubby just got me DVC!!!!!!

Eeyore1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:37 PM   #11
LKFan
DIS Veteran

Interestingly, I got a written reply today too. It is basically the same information that I got over the phone (see below).

I'm surprised so many people are having similar problems. For those of you who plan to purchase purses on your upcoming cruises, you might want to keep your receipt in a safe place.

Thank you for your email. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your item. Please ship it back to us to be inspected.

We suggest that you ship your item via UPS or insured mail. Be sure to include your name, address, daytime phone number and a brief description of the problem. Once we receive it within 7-10 days you will receive a card in the mail with your options on it. Give us a call and go over the options with us. Please include a copy of your shipping receipt. If your item is deemed a defect under warranty, we will reimburse you up to $13.00 for your shipping fees.

Ship to:

Dooney & Bourke
Attn: Repairs
1 Regent St
Norwalk, CT 06855

Sincerely,

Customer Service

**Please note if the above information is not included with your return, we will not be able to process your request.**
Old 01-13-2011, 09:14 PM   #12
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Although I am having a different problem (zipper) - I sent it Priority Mail today, plus insurance and delivery confirmation it was $12.80 to ship. I didn't include a copy of the receipt because, well, the package was already sealed. I suppose I can scan it in and e-mail it to them? Anyways, I will let you know if they repaired my zipper, since I specifically asked them NOT to replace it. I wrote down the number inside so that I can be sure.

2015 - Magic x2 - Mar Western, June Scandinavia ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/repo B2B ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:16 PM   #13
princesswendy720
DIS Veteran

Unfortunately, it's not just a problem with the Disney Dooneys. I got a regular Dooney bag, made of the same material as the sketch bags, and the outer, waterproof part of the bag started separating from the rest of the bag. Basically it looked like big air bubbles were forming on the purse and yellowing.

My Disney Dooneys have held up fine so far, other than the leather on the straps darkening in color a little, which they say is normal.

Upcoming Trips: WDW October 2011, May 2012 and November 2012 ; Disneyland May 2013
PJ Blog Etsy shop
princesswendy720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:46 PM   #14
MikellaCinderella
Addicted to Disney Cruises!

Gosh, I was really hoping to get a DCL Dooney on our cruise in October! This makes me rethink my decision.....

***WE HAVE COMPLETED OUR GRAND SLAM (April 21, 2012)!!! WOO HOO!!*** Upcoming: Re-Imagined Magic 12/04/13*** Disney Dream 04/12, Disney Dream 11/12, Disney Fantasy 04/12, Disney Dream 09/11, Disney Magic 02/09, Disney Magic 02/04, Disney Wonder 09/03, Disney Magic 06/03, Disney Magic 08/02, Big Red Boat (prior to DCL's existance) 05/97...and too many trips to WDW to count!
MikellaCinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:18 PM   #15
LKFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikellaCinderella View Post
Gosh, I was really hoping to get a DCL Dooney on our cruise in October! This makes me rethink my decision.....
I love my DB purse. I've actually met a couple of fellow board members because they saw my purse while I was shopping (both times it was at Target.... hmmm ).

I thought about peeling of the sealant off myself but then someone mentioned that DB stands behind their purses so I decided to contact them. Even with the sealant peeling, I'm very happy wtih my purse.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: